WRECKS

I was aware of the existence of the safety settings it’s not practical.

Meaning to destroy this billion isk wreck someone has to (suicide attack it) and the whole of HS wreck mechanics is going to revolve around that scenario because concord is there to protect your loot ?

that safety setting protects fat-fingered players like yourself , from themselves …

While CONCORD forces do react quickly and with force, they do not have a mandate to protect attacked players and as such will not necessarily be able to prevent eventual losses if attackers can field sufficient firepower to destroy their targets before CONCORD can intervene. CONCORD should therefore be regarded as a force of retribution, not one of protection.

There we go.

CONCORD are not the police.

Brilliant. I wanna remember this forever and quote it loads.

1 Like

I quote it (and link the article) all the time when someone says hisec should be safe. :wink:

1 Like

You are an example to us all :slight_smile:

Funfact: Not long ago (on my main) I’ve stolen a cosmos mission item from a guy who was pretty pissed as a result and said he will report me to which I’ve explained him feel free to as I do this activity since 3+ years and it will never be a rule violation as this is what EVE is about.

He claimed such should not be allowed in hisec so did the usual of linking the article and also my guide (in which I also explain that when people do pirate stuff they just play the game as intended most cases and are not there to grief).

Interestingly this was one of the rare cases when after a while he understood the concept and was thanking me for helping him out with the sources. So I am confident he will enjoy the game more and will cope better with whatever New Eden throws at him/her.

I think CCP should make it easier to recognize for new player what hisec and CONCORD actually supposed to mean and what EVE is about so people would better learn what they are into instead of getting pissed off based on misinterpretation of these matters.

I know a lot of people will still be just raging but am also positive a good amount would better understand the game and have the proper expectations when it comes to such situations and have a better time as a result overall if properly informed about them to begin with.

If the logic of this is entirely summed up in that concise paragraph then why don’t they attack you for shooting a structure or deployable ?

Because this is a game with various gameplay scenarios designed to allow play and counterplay options for those specific situations. You are still just trying to make up excuses why the system is wrong when all that is wrong is you being too lazy flip a simple switch to green safety to avoid getting dunked and also after all that you do not learn from your mistake and carry on but instead blame the system for your failure and want it changed. Many of us explained the system and let you know it works fine and as intended. You can either take responsibility for your actions or continue your crusade to make a balanced and well working gameplay mechanic changed just so careless people will be protected from their own mistakes. The choice is yours. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Lol I love it when you sound righteous.
I wonder if this game mechanic was only included at some time in the past when people were complaining about their loot getting shot.

Nope. The loot/salvage mechanics have existed since day 1. The change was adding the green/yellow/red safety system for those who didn’t/couldn’t grasp the rules.

Because they arent the police?

I think we covered that.

Did you, where is the retribution for shooting a mobile depot or a cargo container ?
It’s an arbitrary crime level that you seem to think has some kind of static justification yet provide little to support that.

What the gibbering blue frog are you on about??

Have you maybe replied to the wrong person?

Probably my safety isn’t set to green

1 Like

:wink:

Screw that, I’m not buying another mining ship

In my estimate with that decision your gameplay experience will improve by at least 500%. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure how someone who hasn’t forgotten there is a safety setting would know what my gameplay experience is like let alone an improvement on it. :slight_smile: