YC 124 New Eden Capsuleer's Writing Contest

Saw this post, started writing, stopped, here we are now. I wonder who wrote this? Which one of us, or is that one really
Me?

Updated!

Also Clementine LeFleur has announced in advance her judge’s prize for the best Triglavian Themed Work. A fully fitted Leshak with special selected abyssal modules.

2 Likes

I would like to submit the following under the “Opinion Piece” category.

Podded

2 Likes

I would like to submit [YC124 NECWC] Sawa Laboratories YC124 Q1 Report in the Academic/Scientific category.

4 Likes

Submitting in gossip category.

BR
Miss Galliere.

1 Like

I would like to submit History of the Temperate Worlds of Helab for the academic category.

3 Likes

I am also submitting Eras of Soliara III for the academic category.

3 Likes

If this works for the Prose category, please add it to my submissions.

2 Likes

Updated OP with Entries to date! We have a little over a month to go to the May 22nd deadline! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I don’t know if I can submit this for the contest, as a portion of it is vocabulary invented and copied from another post, but if it is acceptable and not considered plagiarism then I hope it is to your liking. I organized the vocabulary better, starting with categories and then often alphabetizing it within each category. I also explained a connection between the languages of Athra/Amarr and Soliara, and did my best to translate the Holder oath, word for word.

1 Like

I’d like to submit my first original translation to the Poetry category.

2 Likes

I am unsure, on review. if it fits within contest parameters for a number of reasons.
I will discuss with the judges and contact you privately.
At this time, this specific entry is not being accepted.

2 Likes

On the other hand for the poem, I will add to the list for Poetry!

3 Likes

I would like to submit [YC124 NECWC Poetry] Captured for the poetry category.

2 Likes

I would like to submit [YC124 NEWC prose] The fall of niarja the start of a new era for the prose caragory

2 Likes

Looking over this thread again, I noticed that in the basic information section the fourth category is named “News/Gossip/Opinion Pieces” yet in the story listing this category is titled “Gossip/News”… Which is it? My submission is not gossip or news. I submitted it as an “Opinion Piece” because it is meant as an insight as to my opinion on the current widespread mindset of capsuleers. However, every other entry so far in this category is about recent events or conspiracy gossip, which makes me think my entry doesn’t fit here.

I would like a bit of clarification on what “Opinion Piece” is supposed to mean. The current post doesn’t make that clear. If my entry is miscategorized I’d like it moved to Prose I guess. That’s the next best place it would fit.

Looks like it was just missed out in the list. I’m pretty sure it’s still opinion pieces as well.

Opinion is part of news. I updated OP to make that clear, however!

OP also updated with entries to date. Only 3 weeks or so left to enter!

1 Like

Submission for the thingy.

2 Likes

I would like to nominate the following series of posts under News/Gossip/Opinion. Best title would probably be ‘Custody Battle’.

3 Likes