'Year in EVE' Character Statistic Emails

Hi there @CCP_Arcade, I emailed support@eveonline.com a while back and they were extraordinarily polite however indicated that sending in an email when stats hadn’t been received wouldn’t resolve the issue. If this is true, no worries but I just wanted to ensure folks aren’t attempting to email in if so.

“Unfortunately, we are not able to generate the ‘Year in EVE’ Statistic email manually. However, I will report this to our developers and hopefully a new stats email will be sent out, the details of your two characters have been forwarded.”

Thank you!

1 Like

This is not the issue with making things available/offering in the first place, then lacking ways and means to communicate a changing situation to the players (and this not even been a “yes/no” issue) in a timely fashion in advance at least (and/or reduce the follow-up issues)?

Would it have been bad idea to - if only emails were going to be sent out for 2022 - to ensure that ever player received at least that email? I would imagine that accounting has no issues with a full set of email addresses in their dataset; and yes, privacy, etc. though does that prevent CCP from sending an in-game mail to the perceived main character? Or a notification in-game (I get notifications for Twitch shows [which is fine] in-game, so this can’t overlap really)? Or, make use of the launcher telling people to register via their (registered) email address/es that want to get this?

Or, if all that is not viable or not acceptable, just to scrap it all together (no video, no email) and let players know - in advance (November?) - that in-house resources sadly don’t allow for this in 2022?

There was no reasonable way to address this in less “dissatisfying” way for “2022”?

@CCP_Arcade Why did you even tell us to email support ?
They are obviously not setup to deal with this (and i say this after multiple chats with a few of them)

:frowning_face:

1 Like

Probably the support department is at the bottom of the food chain at CCP so are the easiest to throw under the bus instead of dealing with the issue by someone else who probably don’t want to bother. :upside_down_face:

:psyccp:

1 Like

Still nothing for our stats? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I received my email today.

To CCP:

I appreciate the follow up; but I preferred the prior version. :slight_smile: A mini-vid about my main was appreciated by me especially because the first vid so unexpected.

The personalized vids of prior years gave me a feeling of connection to EVE, I had not experienced before.

But, thank you, @CCP_Arcade for following up. Please relay my thanks to those involved. Keeping this promise counts, o7

2 Likes

I have not received mails on either of the chars for whom I created a support ticket. :frowning:

1 Like

I have still not received anything.

(Doesn’t seem anyone at CCP cares anymore)

1 Like

So…emails are still going out? The above was just pulling our legs?

Would it be too much to ask for someone official (community team?) from CCP would to clarify this, one way or another, at least?

1 Like

CCP Support are not currently subscribed to your tickets about this issue. There is currently no way to resubscride either. Could we interest you in 20% off PLEX sales instead?

Bounties were “temporarily” removed in October 2020.

CCP has never acknowledged them since.

1 Like

Bad girls only receive veldspa

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.