Yet Another Skilling Spree

And your point is?

And nobody but a minority wants pvp events…those would cheer it,the rest would not undock.

Exaggeration at its best…

NOTHING you described would happen…

Players would just take the sp,be happy and after it is done all go back to normal until the next sp events kicks in.

I have a question…

You KNOW that this is a game and sp have no real influence in the real world have you?

If you do please take things like those events not so freaking serious…it’s just a game,nobody gets really hurt…

So ANYTHING is imaginable.

Even a free 100 mio sp present for all players logging in at a specific time :slight_smile:

No u

No u

Of course it will. I mean it already happened with tons of game, just don’t be blind.

Dude you are asking for pretty much an instant completion of the most important points of the game, and then you are the one telling me that I am exaggeratting, LMAO.

Yeah. And what else will players ask when they will pretty quickly not need anymore SP because of the ridiculous bonus you are asking for?

ISK? Then ships?

And then you end-up at a point where you instantly finish the game by just logging-in and have no point actually playing.

This is not exaggeration, this is just logic. I never said it would happen instantly and the game will die in an hour, I’m trying to have some long term view, something you absolutely lack.

… Yeah?

Where did you see me state anything about real life consequences? I never wrote anything like that?

That’s ridiculous. Nobody gets hurt, yeah, but the game can become ■■■■. Just like a TV show can become ■■■■ if you do whatever you want with the story or the acting.

Nobody get “hurt” from that, but it’s still a waste.

Honnestly I don’t understand the point you are trying to make with this IRL influence that YOU bring to the table for no reason at all.

The point is that -because it is just a game- it’s ridicouless to freak out like some do…

It’s nothing serious and it should be handled like this…it does not matter…

People that think this game is the central point of their life should seek help…

Anything else is exaggeration and overdramatizing…

But stating why we like/don’t like an event an expressing the fact that we believe it could have negatives consequences on the game is not “freaking out”.

Probably yeah. Then again expressing an opinion about why an update/event can be bad for the game does not equal to “thinking this game is the central point of our life”.

If anything, you are one of the people who posted the most in this thread, and with the most conviction behind your speach.

Maybe you should stop thinking this game as the central point of your life, and seek help?

The only guy I see exaggerating and overdramatizing is the guy who pretend that we have IRL troubles just because we don’t agree with him on something related to a video game.

1 Like

Personally I don’t mind low-effort free SP, even when it requires me to log in 10 or so different characters, but CCP could get more creative, instead of just repeating previous event and making me do stuff I’m usually not interested in. I wish CCP would reward us with SP for different activities, such as:
-Mine a certain amount of ore
-Shoot another player
-Perform a certain number of market transactions
-Visit 10 different systems
-Start or finish few industry jobs

In other words, anything that would give chance for players not interested in shooting NPCs to gain some SP.

2 Likes

my only question -

is this the repeat of that thing where for absolutely no reason at all besides, coding in some back server, is some players going to get 5 times the SP for exactly no increase in effort? Which is a fair point because really going and killing a “Sansha Hideaway” on an alpha in a meta fit destroyer still only takes 2 minutes. Hardly worth 5 times the “payout” just because e-luck coded on a server soemwhere

The point is exactly what I said: giving out tons of free stuff devalues your normal accomplishments.

And nobody but a minority wants pvp events…those would cheer it,the rest would not undock.

Yes, I am aware that farmer trash like you want mindless “events” where CCP gives you free stuff and/or more profitable menial tasks to farm, and would hide in station if CCP dared to have an event that could possibly threaten your farming. People like you don’t belong in a PvP sandbox game and need to GTFO.

abcdefghijklmnopqrstvwxyz

How’s that? More childish, or less? :wink:

Sorry, can’t say more, gotta log in for my free SP!

1 Like

Lol!

Ngl, I appreciate the time it took to actually do the whole alphabet in order. Honestly, I just reused a very tired and lazy statement but you took the time. You care enough to make a point.

Good point man. :smiley:

1 Like

‘Farmer trash’…

Nice…

How about i call you ‘PVP trash’ because you prefer the old caveman ‘club on the head game’ like a real cave dweller? And further stating that you are too primitive and too dump to realize that this is stupid,because in having such an one-dimensional mind you simply cannot know how the game is played right and you rather should go away and play WOW?

Would this go to far?
Would this hurt your feelings pretty snowflake?
Well this is EXACTLY what your kind does for years now with ‘the farmer trash’ as you call it…

Don’t want it this way?

Well than stop calling me ‘farmer trash’…

And EVERYBODY beside the 15% PVP minority would ‘hide in a station’ during a ‘PVP event’,it’s simply not WANTED by 85% of the server simply get this well known fact into your brain…

And exactly THIS is the reason why ‘more pvp’ would be really bad for eve because it would simply empty the server and you and your maybe 4k- 5k PVP(best possible guess) players would be all alone and simply would have to fight yourself over and over again in an endless loop…

Brave new eve indeed…

3 Likes

I’ll start with this. You said the same thing to me at some point about something in some other thread too. I’m not sure I know what you mean. What exactly is “the right way” to play this game? I mean, it is a sandbox game and so has no ‘end’ or ‘completion point’ and cos of that I don’t understand how there could really be a ‘right’ or a ‘wrong’ way to play it. By definition a sandbox game has a massive and diverse range of possibilities regarding play-style, personal goals or aims, individual ambitions and so on. Additionally, the way you choose to proceed with any of the content provided, the content you may create yourself or the interactions you have with other players/groups of players will also have an effect with regards to the direction you take at any time and even this will change time and again with each choice/act/response you make.
With this in mind, could you please explain the “right way to play” as you see it?

I was going to pick up on other stuff in your post but I want to hold off on the low-tier baiting and provocation because I really am genuinely interested in knowing what you mean by the “right way to play”.

1 Like

Well…PVP states this all the time for years…

All that don’t like pvp ‘play the game wrong’ because they don’t understand the ‘pvp only game eve-online’

No sandbox dude,they state ‘eve is a pvp game’ and ONLY a pvp game…all other approaches to this game aka ‘the sandbox’ are just PVP content and only exist to serve the pvp kill…

THIS is what i’m talking about,this attitute PVP has because of beeing spoiled since 2004…

This IS no sandbox they say…EVERYTHING is just PVP content,one who does not accept this or like this is a WOW player that just wants THEIR game to be changed…

No sweat about the game maybe getting better…no,they don’t want THEIR PVP GAME changed…

And THIS is the bottom line of it all…

PVP players are spoiled brats that really should shut up…they got enough ass powdering in the past from CCP…

NOW MAKING THE GAME BETTER FOR ALL NOT JUST PVP has to be the agenda and still they oppose every change…

If you don’t believe me simply look at recent threats and posts,you will easily find statements like those i mentioned…

2 Likes

The more they give out the less they are worth…and the more people will expect free SP. That’s how vicious circles are formed.

For SP farmers like me, it’s just free ISK…silly. Then the prices of injectors crashes and then a domino effect starts…etc…etc…etc…

Kinda ridiculous.

I don’t know how to word this atm cos I’m about to pass out but it is of interest to me so I will try to do it well.

Firrst, I see the point but I do see both points and I think the problem is that both are valid. Or all three points are valid if you take into account the point of both points being vaild.

See, the PvP thing is valid for several reasons as I understand it. One of the things I have been told is thet in the beginning EVE stood for Everyone Vs Everyone - the core ethos of the game was competition with no hoilds barred. So you can see how by its very definition and purpose from the very point of conception EVE is truly a PvP game.
However, you then get into the discussion of what is and what is not PvP. Is market tradoing Pvp? Some say no because it is just trade but others would strongly argue that it is a form of PvP as in order to be successfl you must surely need to make the maximum number/value of sales and therefore competing with prices and so on against other players. Is playing in a mainly PvE style in any way PvP? Some say of course it isn’t as it is PvE. But others will again argue the opposite and say that in order to run missions or combat sites or relic sites etc you must also account for the risk brought by other p[layers competing for the relic sites or possibly attacking you while you fight NPCs and therefore in order to survive and succeed in these things you must plan for, outwit or just outfly those players and this does indeed comprise at least some action/play against other players m,eaning it is again PvP.

So is it a sandbox? Yes, it is. It has no rigid structure that orders your progression or what you do while logged in and playing. Yoou can trade, focus on the industrial, actively engage in combat with NPOCs or other players, take a more admistrative role by runnign or in some way being an organisational member of a corp or alliance or like the majority of people who play this combine a mixture of varying amounts of more than one of these - or the other options available - in order to determine how you play EVE. None of these single options of play or any combination of any of the available combinations will allow you to “complete” or “win” EVE as there IS no end or winning point or ‘final action’ here. This makes it truly a sandbox game as well as being truly a PvP game.

This means they are not mutually exclusive and therefore EVE must then be acknowledged as a PVP game that is a sandbox which has PvE elements to it that are all at once and in the same way influenced by PvP and the game is one that allows, and even depends on, the PvP to be, realistically, the running theme through it all.

So while it is true that it is a PvP game it is also just as true that it is a sandbox. This must surely be undeniable whether you want to view it as a sandbox or a PvP game. It is both. Clearly.

Which brings me back to my initial question - what is the “right way to play”?

You say that “making the game better for all not just PvP has to be the agenda” but that can’t really be viable if you step bcak for a monent and think about it. You say “better for all” but what is that? I know what I believe it to be and I am sure you believe you know what it is and, if asked, I am sure everyone you asked that question of would also believe they knew what it was. That is where this falls down - “better” is 100% down to individual perspective. Just because someone thinks they know what is better and they know if that was made to be so they would be happier and enjoy it more that does not mean it is what would make you happy or me happy or anyone else happier in any way.

So “better” can not be “for all” but instead “for the game”. What that is is not my decision to make nor is it yours or any other player. The game will change as it changes. Some will like it and some will not. That is not important.
The game is what the game is. What the game becomes is what it will become. What individuals think does not come into it as the choice is simple - play it if you enjoy it or stop playing it you do not.

I do not think there is a “right way to play” and I do not think there is a “wrong way to play”. All there is is “the way you play” and for me there is only “the way I play”.

I’m about to drop and I don’t know if this makes any sene or even gets to the point or any point but I wanted to try. I really am struggling to ficus here and I hope when I come back and read this back it isn’t too stupid but it was something I had to try to explain. Or ask I think. SOmething anyway. Or not. I really don’t know right noe either way.

EDIT: Having just re-read this I don’t think I did too badly. However the spelling is horrific and I can only apologise. I am faaaaarrrrrrr too lazy to go back over this lengthy beast and correct it though so just accept my apologies for it and we can all move past it :smiley:

2 Likes

Nobody gives a **** about what farmer trash does. Stay docked if you want, worthless farmer trash adds nothing to the game except your $15/month. Meanwhile all of the competent industrial players would take advantage of you ragequitting and make a ton of ISK thanks to having less competition in the market.

Yes, because EVE was explicitly designed from day one to be a PvP game. The people who founded CCP are a bunch of old-school PvP players from the earliest MMOs and their goal was to make a PvP sandbox where everyone is potentially involved in PvP whether they like it or not.

all other approaches to this game aka ‘the sandbox’ are just PVP content and only exist to serve the pvp kill…

No.

Farmer trash exists only to be killed, because farmer trash declares itself to be a helpless perma-victim whose only response to PvP threats is to whine and cry on the forums about how they need CCP to give them more free stuff.

Smart and capable industry/mining/etc players welcome PvP because they understand that PvP drives market demand and creates opportunities to generate wealth.

Be the smart industry player, not farmer trash.

1 Like

@ FairyTail Omaristos

Look at Merin Ryskin’s post.

Perfect example for my recent post…

This goes on for 15 years + in exactly this style…

Other playstyles are just to feed pvp and 'nobody of us cares what ‘trash like you want or do’)

Thx Merin Ryskin for giving such a good example of how your kind is ticking…

1 Like

Merin might be way too aggressive in his way to talk to you, but when it comes to the facts, he is right.

EvE IS a PvP game, this is how the devs wanted it, this is how they developped it.

If you happened to be right with your “85% of PvE players”, which is most likely wrong and ironically much closer to describe the WoW community than the EvE community, but let’s admit it for the sake of this post, it would still change nothing to the original intent of the devs.

And when he tell you that you are only useful for your 15$ a month, that’s a very violent way to put it, but I get where he is coming from and there is and undeniable part of truth: Most people doing PvE activities do not interact with the community, they are in Dead Space pockets fighting IA. It is true that if they happen to disappear, other players won’t see a single difference in their game. Which lead to the conclusion that their presence only bring something because they give money to CCP which help the game survive financially.

I understand how those facts might hurt, especially with the way he is stating them, but they are still facts.

The reason why people tell you to “go play WoW” is because this game is built with PvE as it’s core, and engaging in WoW PvE is engaging in the WoW community.

EvE is built differently, and you should accept it.

2 Likes