'You have a new item' or how do i waste the time of my devs the best way

Over the last few weeks with the DDOS related problems I’ve had a half dozen corp members leave the corp giving the connection and chat issues as the reason. Personally I think CCP’s failure to communicate what was happening was the real problem.

Now I’m having to listen to non-stop complaints about the Red Dot Of Doom and comments about “why doesn’t CCP fix the bugs instead of making annoying changes?”

I’ve been confused and angry about a lot of things in Eve over the years. But to be honest I never thought the breaking point would come over a purely cosmetic “red dot”.

CCP, you may very well want to reconsider this “small cosmetic” change. And who knows, perhaps you might want to reevaluate expending your R&D resources on such trivial things when there are known game play issues that have been annoying people for years!

9 Likes

Eh, don’t you remember the GONG OF DOOM?

This is pretty similar to that.

2 Likes

The feature is perfectly fine for the mindless krabs and min-maxers.
It’s you people they don’t wan’t any more.

3 Likes

I think its great but I can see why people would want to turn it off.
And does it have to tell me I have new items when I literally just put them there myself?

2 Likes

It’s CCP trying to appeal to their new target audience, Balos and his ilk; otherwise known as the lowest common denominator.

5 Likes

Well yeah

Except he started this thread >.<

pls more like “invisible” …

1 Like

REEEEEEEEEEE a option to disable it would be nice.

4 Likes

Goes to show though, that when CCP wants to they can fiddle with the item tags as much as they want…

So how about, Tech2/storyline energy weapon ammo? If the damage is equal on each they should receive the same ID and be stackable, right? They can do that now, easy…

Oh and while they’re at it, why not do mining crystals as well? I mean, seems rather simple now, don’t it? Just fiddle with the tags…

I’ll think on it, but I’m sure there are tons of things that have been left on the backburner that can now be addressed with this energy CCP programmers have.

Hell, maybe we could even buy things off of the market that we chose to buy, rather than being forced to buy the cheapest item (thus rewarding those that play with cents), just check the tag on the item we clicked, and if there isn’t one, make one, voila. Why didn’t anyone think of that before? (maybe cuz it’s too much overhead? Nah, not anymore it isn’t)

Seriously, I had 3 stacks of identical items that wouldn’t stack with each other, all with their own separate tags I suppose… I wonder how many non stackable stacks we can now make with this system.

Must be fun for the auto stacking function that’s being called, going through each item in a futile attempt to do its job, only to find out they all have different ID or tag count/values, all the while having identical names just to confuse the sorting algorithm that expected its list to be truncated a little when it passed it down the logic chain, only to find out nothing’s changed and it’s the only one doing any work now. May as well get rid of the stacking function uh, it’s kind of just taking space in the code for nothing now, kind of like the captain’s quarter once was…

1 Like

Somebody has to be at the end of the bell curve, may as well be him :joy:

As to which end of the curve he inhabits…

1 Like

I would much rather have the ability to STACK ALL in a cargo box (which as of the last update is missing) than the silly RED button telling me what I already know !!!

5 Likes

The question is, why stop at just one dot?. Why aren’t their dots for boarding a ship?, docking and undocking. Oh and dots for activating and deactivating weapons, loading or unloading weapons.
And why no dots for entering warp or jumping thru a gate?, the creator of the dot really missed the mark here.

11 Likes

Now…

I’m doing something mainstream i get many likes for and it is not right for the high authorities either? :slight_smile:

I can’t do anything right is it so? :slight_smile:

“New offer in the NES! Get your Dot Removal Kit for only $5.99!”

13 Likes

Geez please don’t give them ideas.

8 Likes

For heavens sake, please make this “feature” optional!

Looting missions is pain in the a** with this! This, and the new redeem window are changes, nobody ever needed!

3 Likes

You go right ahead and do you, there’s always going to be something for you to tilt windmills at.

Meanwhile we’ll add Duro to the pile of bodies that you’ve abused and then sent to Resyk.

1 Like

I AGREE WITH BALOS!
THE WORLD IS ENDING!

Where?

Complete with 250k SP and a new shiny Dot skin!

2 Likes

You might like my thread! :smiley:
Also hi Rana! *waves frantically*

This is the link to it! -> 🙂