2020/01/27 & 28 - TQ under DDoS

mine traces to cloundfront and just gets timed out like crazy using the launcher diagnostics

ive used a vpn to connect to eve from about 20 countries and where it fails is always a amazon web server that is based in that country.

edit: I don’t claim to know anything about how the internet works, im just bored and was curious lol

I think i might have to renew a sub to my VPN till the internet has fixed its little DNS round-the-houses tomfoolery IP twister game

EDIT - fired up VPN set to UK (so thats UK to UK) and voila i can log in. This is not a permanent fix for me either as Reoc below says - just a fix for my eve fix lol

To whom it may concern, probably the ledge Dopamine, i hope this info helps.

1 Like

I used protonvpn as it has a 7 days free period. seems legit with good reviews
hopefully this mess is fixed before the 7 days is up

I’m based in the UK and had no issues until today, however I have not been able to log in at all for the last 2 hours or so.

Literally got in 90 seconds after whining on here.

I wouldn’t speak too soon. My game was fine for all of yesterday while others were having problems. I have not been able to log on at all today mate.

1 Like

Same issue here when I run a trace route. I’m on a fiber connection with 1 Gbps full-duplex. CCP is now the facilitator of their own DDoS to US Omega subscribers.

1 Like

after 20 minutes of processing bulk data, I’m going to train up my industry skill asap

Someone who enjoyed Emerging Conduits

I am in the UK too and now the Steam servers have gone down lol. At this stage, I have no idea where the fault lies.

yeah i cant get onto steam site either lol

I’m sorry to keep having to repeat myself but PLEASE scroll up and read the things there. It is NOT EVE nor is it a DDoS.

Childishness like this is why you should ALL contract your stuff to me before you leave. That’s “FairyTail” without the “e”. Thank you.

I am sorry but it is not an EVE problem or responsibility. It is

THE AMERICAN AFFILIATE OVERCOMPENSATING FOR THE PREVIOUS - NOW FINISHED - ATTACK AND THAT IS WHY ALL THE PEOPLE HAVING PROBLEMS CONNECTING ARE 99% TRYING TO CONNECT FROM THE US.

Please people, stop asking for bloody free stuff from something that is nothing to do with anything. If you want something, ask your American company that is causing this instead…

1 Like

k thx

In Sweden can’t log on which is frustrating since i just got home from work looking forward to get some game time, so not all happy.

And it may not be CCP’s fault but they provide the service that they charge for and at this point not delivering on, so some compensation would be nice, i am fine with extending the omega time with roughly time lost from this.

If it wasn’t eve then CCP representatives wouldn’t work on the issue, make announcement, direct people to support. They would just say as usual, “check your internet connection, talk to your ISP”.

For some people using a VPN solves the issue. That’s all that can be known in this thread. Anything else is guessing, including companies overcompensating or not.

CCP tend to look into all reasons people who play regularly wouldnt all be able to connect. If its their end they will fix it, if its not their end they would say what the issue was and often suggest ways to correct it because they are good like that.

Someone like Bl*****d would check that their server lights are flickering green and then say “no fault found” and youd be left with nothing

It is CCP’s problem, we are their customers. Fault is irrelevant, if your customers can’t get your product, you have a problem, no matter what business you are in.

1 Like

So by that analogy…

I booked a holiday and on that holiday I got shot. Due to this, I could not get to the airport for my flight home and they took off without me.
That means that British Airways need to pay me money cos somebody shot me? Are you actually for real??

2 Likes

Ah you are the guy who just replied to me on YT I believe. You can cry and troll all you want, at the end of the day, if people cannot use a product they are paying for, they will go elsewhere. I don’t want free stuff. I just want the product I am paying for as too anyone with half a brain

1 Like