30-31/01/2020 - Connectivity Issues

I am still having problems logging in. When I do log in I have no chat. The screenshots someone posted above the last ones are the same thing I keep getting. I managed to log on once and got booted as soon as I tried to open any windows IE check on my skills. I know the mission I was on is going to time out before this is even fixed. I’ll try again later but I’ll keep tabs on this thread.

1 Like

Feb 1st chat servers stuff screwed from Northwest US.

1 Like

I still don’t have chat and experienced this when I was finally able to log in. Nothing but the chat windows and hangar background loaded though chat was an error. The neocom, ship I was in, all of the other stuff never loaded. I was disconnected within 3 minutes of logging in and the other stuff never loaded.

Today I had no major problems.

The only problem was it not connecting automatically on the first attempt, but it connected without problem on the subsequent window.

While connected I didn’t notice lag, the chat was working and the connection didn’t go down during play. No VPN needed.

1 Like

So , DDoS didn’t happen and it was as usually just Excuse from CCP for their Failure. RIP

Crazy how well it works with no lag and chat through a vpn in Europe but if I connect with out vpn it is so laggy I can’t do anything then dc

Black Ambulance…
Please don’t do that.
The issue was seen in the servers before you even get to CCP owned switches.
The attackers are not just attacking CCP, they are attacking all of us. Indirectly, but still.

2 accts, 2 comp, neither one of which can log on. Ann Arbor MI

on a brighter note: using a PAID VPN I was able to connect by going out of US. Still no chat but game is working well otherwise.

1 Like

American Southeast: Still broken, it’s a heart breaker.

1 Like

See my post here: Sick of the server issues.. When will they fix them?

Use a free VPN, get back in and play without a problem.

Ya sucks my free vpn is almost gone .9gbs left

Boy! Did you hit that one out of the park! I’ve got a couple of G’s from Uncle and actually thought I’d buy a little more into this game at the start. This noob dials in Day 1 and all is kool. Second day I try to get on and find there is no server. Come up here and find out that nobody has any idea what’s actually wrong or when it might be fixed.

Soooo…I’ll just monitor the hate mail up here and go on to better things. Maybe in a week or two EVE Online will actually BE online again and I might spend some of those dead presidents. Meanwhile, it’s back to DCS World, P-51s and the Normandy invasion. No server lag over there - there are 50-60 servers to choose frrom.

2 Likes

The chat ability once in the game (if you can get into the game) is still not working for me:

“Could not connect to chat server at live.chat.eveonline.com:5222.Please ensure that this port isn’t blocked.Retry?”

It doesn’t seem like there’s been a work around that works to get back into chat once you’re able to login into the game - has anyone found something that works?

1 Like

still having chat issues, “live.chat.eveonline.com:5222 Please ensure that this port isn’t blocked” only happened since extended downtime

1 Like

Yep, same here, started after today’s DT.

1 Like

Was working somewhat decent today, with the double error “cannot connect” but then it connects anyway. Now I’m being spammed by “could not connect to chat server be sure blah port isn’t blocked” every few seconds, cannot play at all .

CCP won’t reimburse us, we’re just out our money for our subscription.

Must be nice, I got booted repeatedly and now can’t log in at all.

1 Like

Amazing how many people don’t understand how DDOS attacks work, or how data gets from point to point.

To find where to possible router being attacked do an tracert test.

Most cases a DDOS will target a router 2-4 jumps from the business the attackers are targeting, as its easy to change the targets external IP addresses, but the external routers are different.

This is why some have issues connecting and other don’t. Those that don’t have connection issues are going through a different set of routers. And normally if an ISP is advised of an DDOS attacked router, they’ll BLACKBALL that router, which means their routers routing tables exclude that routers IP address, which causes all data from their clients to find other routers to use, and bypass the router under DDOS attack.

But for an ISP to do this clients (you) have to advise them of the DDOS attack, so they can use their tools to locate the IP address of the router in question.

CCP appear to have done the normal thing for a business under attack by changing external IP addresses, but the more experienced DDOS attackers know to not attack the targets IP address, but the routers outside of the targets control.

Hopefully CCP have been talking to their ISP and BLACKBALL the routers under attack. And hopefully their ISP can offer an secondary connection method to bypass the current connect routes, like those using mobile data connection to bypass the copper/fiber connection routes.

Sadly CCP advised the chat server IP address and port, this gives the attackers a target address to locate routers to attack. This is why chat is still questionable.

1 Like