64-bit Mac Client, Wine, and YOU

Schweet! It’s working!

I’ll believe it when I see it working. Which won’t be tonight.

I use a mac and pc side by side and I have to say that having to push the ctrl key on my mac is a real head twister. Especially when copying something from eve and pasting it to the web. I have been cross platform for like 20 years and the muscles are just trained to know which computer I am using.
Anyway to change the copy/paste hot keys to the normal osx cmd-key on the user end?

Wine has native support to map Option / Command keys to Alt / Ctrl - fix suggested in post #52

I really hope CCP will make those settings default

iMac 2018 running on Catalina with 40GB ram. It had issues before. So I couldn’t play for four weeks.

1. I downloaded 20 GB (all data)
  2. downloaded the new DMG file https://binaries.eveonline.com/EveLauncher-1586592.dmg

And it works great!!

Hi!

Every since your complete move to 64bit and update of Wine (when the keyboard shortcuts was changed), there are problems with playing regarding to keyboard shortcuts and other odd behaviours. This could be an issue with Wine rather than the client, but I hope this is something you can look at and fix.
Anyone else having these problems?

I often multibox and when switching between windows, the game lose it’s keyboard shortcuts and sometimes even the mouse stop working properly.
There are two common problems:

1. The mouse stop behaving properly, so instead of spinning the ship/camera when holding the left mouse button down, it try to make a selection instead, meaning I can’t click most things.
  2. Keyboard shortcuts stop behaving properly. For instance, Command+C that normally opens your cargo, will now open the character screen, or hitting F that normally send your drones to engage now open the FPS-window.

The only way I have found to fix this is to alt-tab through different windows, spin the ships, alt-tab a bit more and then suddenly it works again for a while.

In a given play session, I would say this happens at least once every 10-15 minutes, sometimes the problem is worse and stay longer than others. I haven’t found the trigger for this problem, but sometimes it feels like switching windows or checking other apps like a browser causes it. If I for instance select and copy something in game, paste it into evepraisal, then the problem is there when I move back to the client again.

While this is annoying when doing indy stuff or mining, it is not a big deal. But if/when someone attacks me in space and this happens at the same time, it can take a while to switch back and forth between windows so it disappears and I can respond to the attack.
I have luckily not been out in something expensive and been attacked when this has happened, so I haven’t lost any big ships because of this bug. But one day it will happen during a major fleet fight or when I get jumped by a fleet while Rorqual mining.

I hope you are already aware of this problem and working on it, but it has now been like this for a few months so wanted to add my report about it since it is not getting any better with smaller updates.

//Jin-Ayn Yorai - Director of ship spinning and alt-tabbing

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.