A little advise on extending EVE world

Last I saw, Eve is a thousand times better of a game than one which doesn’t exist. Star Citizen is vaporware. It’s pre-alpha, buggy, and so enormous in scope that even Google, Amazon, or Apple (companies that can literally throw billions at a good project) would not have the ability to assemble a dev team to accomplish that game in any kind of reasonable scope of time (10 years minimum).

People throw money at star citizen because they want what is being promised, without seeing that they’re being promised the moon. It’s a promise that RSI simply cannot keep no matter how much they mean to do so.

Eve is stagnant only for people who get bored of it… that can and will happen no matter what content is available, because people are fickle. As a point of fact, it was not too long ago that player counts kissed 40,000 again. I anticipate that once moon mining settles down, if people like it, those numbers will increase.

2 Likes

And the profits.

The profits of the profits must profit the profits too and if the interest of that profit doesn’t fill the profitable needs to be profitable then it is not profitable.

Did I mention profits? Profit is all that counts. Everything else is just gimmick to make profits and more profits of that profits. But then you have to consider the profits. If you don’t profit form the profits you end up being unprofitable. All you ever need is profit. So you better start making more profits to profit everyone and profit from it.

the last time I played SC, last week, I didnt get any bugs or what you mentioned in these posts… so i understand just cause I dont experience them doesnt mean its not present… but I just cant agree SC vs EVE … lol to me, being in space and surrounded by darkness and the absence of people, a map that is entirely TOO big to explore and to be able to say, yep I been in every system, Eve really doesnt fit that bill. Maybe its not fair to compare. but imo, as far as being immersed in a realistic space environment… , SC beats eve hands down and its not even completed yet.

Let me know when that ever happens.

Until you actually have a real game to play, you’ll just play it for a short time and get bored because there’s nothing to do. Because they don’t actually have a game yet. All that immersion is moot when you realize there’s nothing to do.

1 Like

I can log in and have my expereince jsut fine with SC… Purely I think peoples expectations is what the problem is first, then second, peoples perspective of what they see around them. Im just glad Im where I am, and that is all I need to be responsible for. SC is mad fun to play on… and WHEN THEY SAY ITS DONE… thats when its done… not when you say, or I say… lol

People expect what RSI has promised them. After years of development, you can do… what exactly?

Very true. If they say it’s done before they give the players what they promised, the players will leave. Especially when said players have in many instances paid thousands of dollars to RSI. So they will never say that it is done, not ever.

The players will feel it’s done when they get what they were promised. Sadly, those promises well exceed what RSI is capable of delivering.

Don’t get me wrong… SC looks cool as ■■■■. If it could be everything that Robert promised, I would DEFINITELY play it. I might even back it if it ever leaves the vaporware stage. But at this point, RSI is looking like an EA wolf in sheep’s wool. Grabbing money with both fists.

1 Like

I think people need to chill and expect less… it would really improve peoples attitude and outlook in life. People THROW money at RSI because they believe in the end result being a satisfying one. How much money did EVE ONLINE Fans throw at CCP before EVE was “finished”

and I know that q? is a joke becuase EVE is not finished… lol it never was. Remember, money makes your world go round. and Everyon expects something in return for that.

You cant expect everyone to love the end product. When I log onto SC… it IS more than I could imagine, totally immersible as a space cadet. EVe had that going for them… I know its not a popular idea but the walking in stations was one of the greatest chances CCP had at helping EVE make people FEEL like THEY are in space. instead, im jsut a space ship. no avatar. Its not a sim.

SC is more of sim that EVE could be… I didnt make those choices for EVE… Teh company split many times on where to leave EVE ONLINE … now its like any other mmorpg GAME…

SC beats EVE hands down imo…and Im not gonna budge until EVE changes the way I FEEL WHEN I PLAY IT.

An opinion you are entitled to have. The kind of immersion you are wanting was considered and declined because most of Eve’s players don’t care about that stuff. They care about blowing up space submarines.

If that’s what is important to you, SC is that way ------->

3 Likes

You decide what you “feel”. And which bugs are you referring to in Supreme Commander? And since when does Supreme Commander has solar systems to visit?

I swear, when it comes to acronyms, you are the most aggravating person in the world. Your mother must hate you. Or she doesn’t use acronyms.

you could have just said, welcome to eve … lol :stuck_out_tongue:

this thread devolved into adults trying trying to reason with what is clearly a child. :roll_eyes:

This thread should be happening in the Star Citizen forums, really. Damage control doesn’t do you any good here.

Well…guess what, EVE isnt a sandbox game either, never was, isnt now, never will be!

If you play in a sandbox and make a huge beautiful sandcastle and leave for two hours and come back guess what, your sandcastle will have been destroyed, for the simple reason that invulnerability timers dont exist in sandboxes but there are tons of them in EVE.

Let the tired, worn out, lie that EVE is a sandbox game die the mange-ridden death it always deserved. If you look at the ‘rules’ under which a sandbox is run and compare it to EVE and conclude they are even remotely like one another all I can say is that your powers of observation are ****-poor.

Hugs and Kisses,

Cindy the Sewer.

As to the OP, businesses are not in the habit of losing millions on an idea then basically repeating that same idea again for fear it wont work even in a tweaked format.

Congratulations! You understand what a true sandbox is. One kid builds a castle, another one wrecks it. Invulnerability timers are ■■■■, but a necessary evil, because otherwise nothing would ever get done. It’s still more of a sandbox MMO than literally every other game out there.

this post was a slap on my face,

I´ve been playing EVE for 2 weeks and I think is a HUGE game, I started playing MMORPG games when Lineage pop up, and I witness of its fall, or CHANGES if you prefer that word.

EVE will have a similar path to… wherever its developers deside it, ofcourse it all about money, if you really wonts to know if you will have EVE for a few more years just check how many online players its has, if the number is stable means that you will play EVE , if the number goes down… its time to download Star Citizen.

I hope I could learn to play EVE an enjoy its vast unerse, its posibilities, its gamers, its a wonderfull game befor it came to an dead end.

As a new player on EVE… I have this sensation that his past was better than its present, all the best or iconic stuff were done years ago, in the other hand its CCP staff is active, you get info about new events, your SUPPORT tickets has a decent response, its forum is active.

EVE will change, you may like it or not, this was the firs post of its kind I read, so… I think its just about your point of view, a very good one, a slap in my face, eye opener kind!!!

Congratulations on understanding and admitting that calling EVE a sandbox is a trash comparison that requires that you completely destroy what rules exist in a sandbox to even begin to make the analogy.

My big toe is a sandbox. It isnt made of sand, it isnt surrounded by a box, people dont play in it but other than that, they are oh so much alike!

I was told in 2012 not to invest too much time in EVE cause Star Citizen would kill EVE within the year…

Star Citizen is at best vapourware, at worst a scam of multi-million dollar proportions…

Eve has been improved, extended and re-imagined many many times since 2003 and is continuing to change and grow… Star Citizen cannot even get to a full release.

1 Like

Well, if that’s your opinion, that’s okay. Too bad it’s more important than facts, like how games need rules and regulations to work, otherwise they’d devolve into chaos i personally would love to see, but it’d be the end of the game.

That’s why CONCORD currently exists, just like invulnerability timers and gates. That’s why people have cooldown timers and can’t fit an unlimited amount of simultaneously functikning micro warpdrives. That’s why there are bills to pay to some virtual authority for “granting” sov and it’s why alliances cost money.

Okay then. You should go work as a game designer, when you’re so sure you know better. :slight_smile: