A mistake made and speaking in the height of anger

Then why are you arguing the picture? He shared the e-mail, it’s posted publicly. Whether he did it himself or not is irrelevant. Is it because he got caught sharing it? INN WARNED HIM not to speak about it or share it last night RIGHT AFTER he received it! And he DIDN’T LISTEN!

1 Like

I was just saying with the hysteria and pressure on him to leak such a thing it’s unlikely to be the deciding factor in a chance of appeal. That is all. I’m not defending him doing it at all, just stating that the pressure was there and he’s not the only person who would leak a copy of that mail notifying you of a ban. I mean what will they do? Re-ban him?

1 Like

As mentioned before IF The Judge actually got harmed then CCP would not be in a good position. This compounded by the publicity of the PC Gamer article makes the risk of liability way too high. Unbanning Gigx is just bad for CCP and the game straight up.

3 Likes

It was the deciding factor in the Somer Blink appeal

Mittens was permabanned from the CSM and banned from the game for 30 days.

1 Like

“The first rule if of ban club is you do not talk about ban club”

I don’t think he’s supposed to show it to anyone at all is he, so the fact anyone else had it to leak in the 1st place means he broke that rule doesn’t it?

2 Likes

ah… that (perhaps) explains why James315 withdrew from the race that time then, thanks for that little bit of intel :slight_smile:

You joke, but yes. Trust has to come into play with people who are pressing you for information you know full well you should not be sharing. GigX was completely in the wrong for sharing it, and should reconsider trusting anyone around him going forward, I’m shocked he was willing to talk to anyone tbqh. It doesn’t change my view that it should not be treated as the final nail in this case.

Permaban, no, 30 day ban, maybe. One player did far worse thing on event, public, with intention. Gigx wrote his under fresh realization he lost something he was building for 10+ years. And he admitted he was wrong and regreats it. I wonder, how would any of us react in that situation.
On the other hand, i don’t see every day someone giving incentive to people suffering to quickly solve their problems in a certain way that unmentioned person did.

I’m not comparing, just sayin.

3 Likes

Nasar Vyron
I was just saying with the hysteria and pressure on him to leak such a thing it’s unlikely to be the deciding factor in a chance of appeal. That is all. I’m not defending him doing it at all, just stating that the pressure was there and he’s not the only person who would leak a copy of that mail notifying you of a ban. I mean what will they do? Re-ban him?

You mean like how Gigx admitted to repeatedly pressuring The Judge to leak NDA CSM info and when The Judge didn’t Gigx harassed and belittled him for sticking to the NDA? Because on the open comms show, one of Gigx’s biggest gripes was that he wasn’t getting NDA violating leaks.

5 Likes

Then complained about the same thing everyone in CO2 alliance chat is complaining about right now… that the CSMs suck for not telling them anything, or just in general. How did he put it? “I bet all the other Alliances’ reps give them info”

he made a rl threat and ccp has always been clear about that
people have even been banned for the us marine meme
and he was actively seeking information about his personal info and home address
thats not saying something angry in the heat of the moment
thats actively seeking someone out in real life so you can harm them

6 Likes

Any chance of making #bangigx trend?

5 Likes

What about #keepgigxpermabanned ?

2 Likes

Please enlighten me (suitably worded to avoid any malicious accusations of same against yourself of course) I don’t think I’ve come across that one?

1 Like

Would be really sad for EVE and CO2 to lose him. Hope he gets permaban reduced to something more lenient.

1 Like

google navy seal copypasta

1 Like

Done, I see, so that would just be the “I’m a legit ex con” thing wearing it’s Sunday best, thanks.

Guy should have just said he was drunk, problem solved.

4 Likes

Nah, he deserves to go. Don’t act like children on the internet and take ownership for dumb things you say.

Good riddance to someone that clearly can differentiate the difference between real life and a bad spaceship game.

5 Likes