A new era of gameplay!

Punishing a bad person is good thing.

Yes this is right. I see it differently.

Yeah, getting the impression that actual discussion is not what you were after.

Guess my original assumption about your posts being bait was right.

Good luck 07

Yes I dont want to discuss that because it leads to nothing because either me nor the other people will give up their point of view on this I learned. This is not a bait it is ment serious.

Then why post it in a discussion thread of a public forum?

What is your point with these posts?

I want to make gaming the most powerful force of good in the world.

1. Why?

2. How do you feel you will manage that if you dont want to discuss it? You arent going to get many people to follow you if discussing it alone is off the table.

3. Can you define more clearly what you feel “the most powerful force of good in the world” actually is?

Because I need a goal and I like games and beeing good.

I discuss that but not if good or bad is something objectivly or subjectivly.

This is a good question, why you want to know it ?

Then you will need to determine what Good is within the concept you are wanting to put forward so that its objectivity or subjectivity is not open for debate. “Force for good” for whom? Literally everyone? Because thats a very tall order.

Answering a question with a question is not generally seen as a sign of sincerity.
But to answer it, because I need a goal and debates and discussion are fun for me. Plus, if I like your idea I might join in.

Now that Ive answered that, can you define more clearly what you feel “the most powerful force of good in the world” actually is?

A good answer to that is that happines is the closest thing with which we can describe the good.

I think I can not do this at the moment but it is a good topic to think alongside my goal.

And I like it even better that there is this one game where real world ethics are not brought into it by the developer, for the purpose of creating a real sandbox and watch emergent gameplay develop. That’s one of the main strongholders of the liberty we enjoy here. As an aside, why spend your time playing a game and behaving the same way as you would in real life ? Or worse, demand that others behave like they would in the real world ?!

Kinda need to know that before you know what your goal is, friend.

I think I dont need to know that to know what my goal is because I already know what my goal is. But it is something good to think of alongside because it is connected to my goal.

If you say so.

But your stated goal is to make gaming “the most powerful force of good in the world”

But you say you dont know what that even means, so how can it be something to think about along side your goal when you cant define your goal?

Because it makes you happy ?

I know what it means but I dont know who is actually the most powerful force of good in the world.

And now youve lost me.

Whatever it is you are trying to do, good luck.

I feel you will need it

1 Like

Thankyou

Wrong game, Hans

Well, I still think it would be a good idea to give Eve Online a higher goal. For example making plex for good an ingame feature where you can choose to which non profit organisation you want to donate your plex and also I think it would be of value if players could payout their plex into reallife currency. I also think it is a good idea to make games the greatest source of happines on the planet. Just to come back to the topic of this post.