A Way to Keep Players Involved

Yup, and it’s player vs player gambling.

Which is fine.

The hypernet relay, is not. It’s a form of auction gambling. Let’s not teach the kiddies that.

1 Like

the person that started this thread as one thing right Eve is kind of boring we don’t need gambling though more gameplay choices other than shooting mindless NPCs and Mining asteroids there’s very little to any active activities in the game are fun most of them would be pacified by a ship fit or some other mechanic like drones kind of the only thing that gives me some fun is exploring and the hacking mini game otherwise variety of gameplay choices are practically non-existent the number one killer of MMORPGs is stagnation 90% of them have the same way of dealing with Mobs and the way of combat it’s super stale eve online’s even worse it’s mostly automatic and people wonder why the genre is dying it’s dying cuz people are tired of the same old gameplay Loop

I’ve been playing MMOs for almost 30 years now I started with EverQuest in 1998

make PI a RTS game like dune 2000.

job done :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I believe that our movement is tacking the very problem you’ve described there at this very moment. Capsuleers need content and fun/hour. Our movement is having our fun/hour at high levels.

You should try and join our endeavour even for just a little while. Good laughs are achievable while trying to save New Eden.

The recent content counter-play daycare called Anti-gank unit has been a little troublesome, but it’s easily manageable because i’ve found them mostly docked in a station. And stations reminds me! Guess what our movement recently found? A secret Jita 4-4 content hangar that stores capsuleers names used to spam local chats member list. You can read more about it from the latest #SaveMike post.
#SaveMike

I loved that game.

1 Like

Be careful, he will decide that you have to put a structure down to fight him! Then declare victory when you laugh at this feeble request from a so called war deccer…

As for gambling, I think it is more to do with legislation issues in multiple domains that caused issues for this, and of course the person running this using his profits to set up a war on Goons which resulted in the ban hammer for some reason, haha…, or perhaps :frowning: is more my feeling on that…

1 Like

Well, Dracvlad, he’s willing to fight you under most any condition. I think the point of the structure was to give each of you an objective, but I’m sure a traditional duel would be accepted. Of course, you don’t have to accept, but when you are offered a 25 billion isk prize fund, it does seem a little scaredy cat to refuse. If Destiny offered this to me, I would certainly accept. So I’d say you are afraid that you might lose.

1 Like

That’s a stupid,one dimensional pvp answer as expected…not everyone has fun blowing things up and WHY should one…structures are, in most cases,a result of the hard work of a lot of players and only thinking ‘Must be a lot of ‘fun’ to make the game miserable for this players’ is THE definition of being immature…
All you should get for this is a permban…and WELL DESERVED

This game must get RID of players like you whose only ‘fun’ is to disturb others…for the good of all normal players…you are and have always been a minority…but you simply are annoying and have to leave.
And no…i do not care about the ‘justifications’ your ‘playstyle’ has developed over 2 decades now…i’ve heard them all but it just does not matter in no way…this game has to change for good.

Mic drop…

3 Likes

Fail. No applause. Wasted time.

It’s a PvP game, not a buildup sim.

Not gonna happen man, the Developers like stuff being blown up, thats why they built this game. Be careful with your language, calling someone ‘stupid’ and ‘immature’ can easily be seen as out-of-character aggression, since you are targeting the person, not the argument. People might report you for that kind of behaviour, so I fear you are closer to a ban than I am. Just a friendly reminder, not that we are gonna lose another player over a disagreement in playstyles.

1 Like

It never was a pvp game and never will be…

Pvp always was a 1/3 minority,just louder and more organized than the majority…

Sry to shoot you out of this saddle but that is a simple truth about this game that pvp constantly tries to forget or to deny…but this does not let the fact dissapear for some reason :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

You are passionate, Kanavaisto, but you do not …persuade.

Petulance is no substitute for reasoned argument. I suspect you are feeling angry, emotional. No matter. You’ll get over it.

In the meantime, I recommend repetition of a short phrase often seen to escape the honeyed lips of ice-cool Aiko and others of her lofty persuasion. I will not repeat it here for it is to be sought by the seeker and not vouchsafed to all and sundry following a rabidly risible rant.

5 Likes

Don’t be silly. The entire game is a pyramid whose apex is pew pew. The ONLY reason mining, trading, PI, etc exist is to service that pew pew and provide materials. Those activities are not an end in themselves…they are all subservient to pew pew.

2 Likes

That’s hate speech. And shouldn’t be tolerated by CCP. Or anyone else for that matter.

1 Like

I just re-read your OP, @Talic.

I seems to me that what you’re saying is that you’ve done everything you wanted to do in the game, achieved your goals, amassed a ton of ISK, tried those activities which interested you - the works.

What I don’t understand is why you don’t simply move on. If it’s that you wish to enjoy the fruits of your success, know that these also become stale.

One of the arguments I’ve heard/read from people in a similar position is that they’ve invested so much time, cash and personality into the game that it would seem like a waste if they left it all behind.

Perhaps they’re being truthful, but perhaps also there’s a little bit of reluctance to embrace change - major change. I do get that.

If there really is nothing more you can see to do in the game, then at least consider what life without EVE might look like. What else you could do with the time, money, etc. I’m lucky in having other hobbies and interests which - when my internet service bombed for a week recently - I was able to turn to. I’m not going to lie, it was tough - at first, but having no reasonable alternative galvanised me to do other things.

I’ve always divided up the time available to me, so that stuff gets done. Maybe it would work for you, too? Mind you, I’m not good at relaxing…so there’s that!

1 Like

Lukas Kell never did…

1 Like

I wonder what posting alt he uses this time.

He’a got, like 500+ or so.

Who knows? I could be his posting alt.

But you know what would be really funny?

Is if Kell was really Aiko.

I mean, he did, for quite a while, labor under the assumption that I was her alt. Naturally I never denied or confirmed it. More fun that way.

I think i was accused of being her alt by him as well until i finally gave up and blocked him. He’s the only person I’ve ever blocked on these forums I think.

Wise man.

It was kinda fun to see him melt down whenever Gix called him out. I suspect the two of them got banned though.