About wardeckers in High Sec and solution

I don’t believe that was ever the claim. But if you have to go run missions, even if it is an hour then that is a cost. We can use the player’s wage as a proxy to put the cost in terms of dollars assuming people work until the marginal benefit from an hours wage is equal to an hours worth of leisure (the forgone benefit or cost of working). This is handy when trying to compare two disparate activities…putting them into a common frame of reference.

Not sure if you are joking, but yes! I despise missions and after avoiding them for quite some time I finally sat down and just ground them. Fortunately I had some friends who could help and I had plenty of SP so I could get into good mission running ships for level 4s.

Really? How many? I know you may not have access to the data on this, but that really is the question.

I really, really wish CCP would share this information with us. I know they worry about protecting customer information, but you can say, X% of war decs in September 2017 are “focused”–i.e. the people were not killing targets in trade hubs or trade lanes (or you set a threshold for that kind of thing). Yes, that is an arbitrary definition to some degree, but still, if a player is going to a backwater system and killing a war target and doing so somewhat regularly then yeah, targeted war decs might still be a thing…but part of why these debates never end is because we lack the information.

As for Lord Razpataz I tend to believe him when he said that trying to work targeted decs without the watchlist burnt him and his people out. Maybe he just hasn’t found the exact adaptation that makes it work…IDK.

But if you know some of these people who are hunting, stalking, and killing maybe see if they’ll share their information.

A handful of the hundreds who used to… that’s for sure lol

Most of Marmite back then weren’t camping a single system (other than Uedama), Devils were all over the place, VMG was already in Jita and PIRAT in Amarr, but they still ventured outside to do roams and hunt, What Squad, Logitech blasters and co were also hunting more than they were camping as far as I can remember

Then overnight everyone became campers, save for Devils and others who tried to dedicate their time to hunting

2 Likes

When I think of targeting hunting and those that used the watchlist to get it done, I don’t box it in to just highsec wars. Hunting is hunting.

I have friends that do all sorts of specialized hunting and targeted killing. I’m not saying that it’s just as easy or that it’s not taxing, but if you enjoy the gameplay it’s still possible.

There may be a way to utilize the bounty system for purposes of accessing watchlist data, rather than reward, and rather than approaching this from a wardec perspective.

My primary problem with Watchlist, was it was free and automatic.
As long as it involves isk, Im ok with some way to re-enable it.

Draft 1:

Purchasing watchlist data for x amount of time costs y. If the target has a bounty on them, that bounty is subtracted from the cost of purchasing the watchlist data in some % (but doesnt remove the bounty nor reduce the cost to 0).

Result being that bountied targets can be tracked for cheaper, thus incentivizing it, but it is not a means to remove the bounty itself nor harvest it yourself on an alt.

2 Likes

People have mentioned locator agents here and I also think that standings should matter here too, so for example if Joe Wardecker goes to my mission agent who I have very high standings with, higher than him in fact. Then the agent gives my location and my active or not status, but because i have high standings also gives me a heads up. Now that would be fun content for both of us!

3 Likes

That is a very interesting idea…with the right players…yes very interesting.

2 Likes

In reading Lord Razpataz I’d disagree with this…at least prior to CREST.

Still…

Also an interesting idea and could be tied into Dracvlad’s idea as well…

Oh, Now I’m curious :astonished:
In what way did I change your position on neutral logi?

And no, no despise. The more I’m able to talk about my crusade the more people reads about it :stuck_out_tongue:

You are aware that most wardeckers that use(d) locators have really high standings, just because of the need for alot of locator agents. But yeah, that approach is good with me :smiley:

I just think it would benefit the wrong people and affect the ones everyone are bitching about we kill. (our newbro’s)

1 Like

If you take a step back and look at it fairly, the game is better favored towards those that have the means and will to multibox to their hearts content. I only do it past 2-3 accounts so that I can stay competitive (although it is fun pushing myself) but it really is a burden to have that many accounts running and playing at once.

While there are definite counters to neutral logi, it completely favors those that are 100% ready for it, which kinda how it should be, but I don’t necessarilly see it being a good thing for actual combat. I remember a few weeks (maybe 2 months?) ago we had a group bait VMG into a fight. They let us engage them, and were completely overwhelmed by the amount of logi we had. We did have a balanced mixture of in-house and neutral logi, but I don’t even think the neutral logi had to light up. This brings me to make two points:

1. We didn’t need our neutral logi, but we had it because we didn’t know if they were going to counter us and bring more. The full force of even just out in-house logi can be more than enough to deter a fight… because not very many people multibox like VMG sets standards for. In that fight the neutral logi wasn’t even a real factor, but really just shows that VMG probably could get a LOT more fun fights if they escalate properly and honeypot the fight instead of bringing a huge battle-hammer to every fight.

2. Everyone knows we have neutral logi and expects it. Even if there’s just one member on people assume there are like 10 alts behind that one person. This is evident in the amount of posts where someone says, “lol I flew a fleet through Jita and you stayed docked up! Nya nya!!”. What typical IS the case is that there were only one or two people online with their “legion of alts” and a fight was expected out of the other side. I’ve read comments where they think that it’s a few people using ISBoxer to control 40 neutral logi. Our reputation and the way we use neutral logi kills a lot of potential content…

Bringing both those points together: If VMG were to have all logi in-house you would be complaining about multiboxing instead of neutral logi. The reason is that it’s a force multiplier. When you have a group of people flying the ships that VMG does with the support characters that are used, you have odds that are most of the time tipped in favor of VMG even when outnumbered. What does this mean? Well me personally I think that if VMG valued getting fun fights more often, they could try to hold back on how oppressive of a force that is flown around with regularly… but given that VMG is a mercenary alliance that takes contracts and gets those based on efficiency and performance, you can’t blame them for wanting to overwhelmingly crush anyone that stands in their way.

You might have noticed I slipped in and out of saying “we” “us” “they” “them” and that’s because I’ve decided to move on. No issues with VMG, the play style or anyone. More or less just… ready for something else.

CCP made a wonderful decision. They made a new section on these blanky mercs. It’s been sterilized and basically castrated to the point where the mercenary subforum will get no traffic. Why they didn’t lock specific threads instead of “cleaning” them I have no idea. Special treatment is my only thought or watching a slow death of their “empire” may be more suitable.

Any other threads similar would have been locked without consideration.

If you’re sick of the blanky mercs and want some old-school eve, mute all threads in that section. It is the source of the majority of eve’s toxicity and the reason many new players leave.

The revolution COULD start today. It’s up to you.

Props to CCP falcon and isd buldath, although I feel the time could have been better spent on the “cleaning” part.

So are many. This buffalo chicken latte is too hot, you have it.haha

1y0fsj

4 Likes

I’ve filed a harassment petition as to a character making the claim I am somebody I am not, several times, to different people. He’s a menace and I have no idea who you are. I have counted 3 instances where he has claimed this of someone.
I am lucky number 4. As stated, put up or shut up…as in you’re basing you’re opinions on “writing styles” apparently. I am surprised to find there are so many forensic scientists who play Eve. Please don’t harass people needlessly.

And visit www.eveonion.com for all your eve-related parody and satirical news. FAKE NEWS

I’m responding to a group attack of apparently a group of organized trolls. Dom arkaral claimed I was this person and 3 times on different occasions to others. Those people were harassed out of the game by him and nothing was done.

I won’t be victim to foolish youths…or those who act like it.

I really am finding this bothersome now. If you would like to continue this foolishness, I will write a support ticket as that is my only action available.

I finality, I will respond to lies directed at me as it is my right, you have no control over these things.

@CCP_Falcon can you elaborate on what your policy is for players that have been banned in-game and on the forums (on multiple accounts) to keep creating new alts to post on in order to evade those bans?

You call it harassment, but I find your ability to continue recycling new alts to post with after you get banned an issue. There’s a common theme here with all these threads that Falcon and ISD have to moderate so closely. It’s a few users responding to YOU trolling here.

This should be a clear and concise rule. There is no grey area here. There is no “toeing the line”. Are banned players allowed to create new accounts / characters in order to access the service that they were banned from?

2 Likes

Can you also reply on continual harassment of players by a growing group of people also?
These posts are intentionally being posted in threads I am subscribed to and enough is enough.

I hope ccp falcon or whoever oversees the daycare see through your charade and perhaps wonder why this harassment of players is allowed? I find this extremely harassing now.

Another thread I was interested in that I have to mute, being sabotaged, by High sec war deccers… Oh well.

This is hilarious. Basically Dom has just to say “Hello Holey” and you completely losing it and getting all hysterical, as always, and completely outing you that way that it is really you.

I need more popcorn

6 Likes

Lol, the whole thread is about Hisec war deckers

3 Likes