About wardeckers in High Sec and solution

1y0xls

Mainly because I feel threatened by your accusations of harrassment.

2 Likes

I thought you publicly declared that you “muted” those threads? It’s not harassment if we’re 100% positive a player that is supposed to be banned if posting on the forums, and we’re calling it out.

Do you have anything meaningful to add to this discussion about wardecs?

1 Like

@Deep-Fried OnionRings

If you don’t want to be accused of being an alt of a well known troll with multiple bans, stop acting like one. If you are Holey, bugger off; if you’re not then welcome and don’t take any more bait.

Ontopic
Wardecs are trivial to deal with, there are multiple options available to a wardecced corp to deal with said war; the least of which is don’t be stupid.

6 Likes

EVE punishes the stupid, always has, always will, its what makes EVE EVE

As stated, when trolled by people I don’t know, I will respond and take necessary action. I am a member of the NewEden community and I wrote a new harassment petition claiming this is indeed spreading. This silly rumor mongering and group attack is getting old. The flag spamming incident was pretty stupid and childish, my kids are grown up. CCP has to deal with you.

I don’t care who you are and I don’t take orders from you. You have no right to bully players like this. Dom arkaral has accused at least 3 people I can find of being this person. You guys are starting to look like frigging loons, as you won’t stop the mindless idiocy. That’s no attack, it’s the truth.

I’m not subscribing until this issue is resolved and I really want to subscribe.

Nuff said.

Jonah’s advice is spot on. If you’re innocent and are simply being trolled, just ignore them.

1 Like

No, I’ve had enough of having to mute forum posts and in-game harrassment mails. Good old dom arkarel got some guy named Murdoch Luther to act as a conduit for his harassing mails after I blocked him.

About being off topic, I orinally replied to a troll comment and it has snowballed. Don’t think people can’t see the obvious when they look.

Something has to be done, and they messed with the wrong guy in as far as I will do everything to remove these blights from my environment within the rules.

I appreciate your advice however.

Sure, can you now stop derailing every thread with your tears about Dom?

2 Likes

It was a friendly suggestion, I don’t have a dog in this squabble.

If that was addressed at me personally, I have but one response.

Wat™ :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

If this happened all that the merc community in high sec would do is move towards ganking as a past time. Well not all but a lot would.

This initial post is utter rubbish.

1. It cost to dec corps and alliances. = Penalties.
  2. Not everyone agrees that this is a problem so don’t state that everyone agrees.
  3. Stupid suggestions that are easy to break.
  4. We do not ‘do as we please’ - why not fight back like others do.
  5. We are not cowards - we welcome bigger and better fights.

Not quite sure if that “you” is reffering to me?

Why should I complain about multiboxing, when I was using 4 toons myself?
I have no issues with force multipliers (except for ecm… it never favors me :P) as long as its flown by someone part of a war. Its a way for smaller numbers to “even out” the field as you said. Neutrals should not be a force multiplier.

And one thing that has bugged me the last year discussing this… the ones using neutral logi first comeback is that

“it would not change a thing, we would just take our logi in-house”

Then what is the ■■■■■■■ problem? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Because while it wouldn’t be an issue, it’s an added plus to be able to scout with it and surprise an enemy that doesn’t have them marked. The gameplay doesn’t depend on that though.

Here’s my solution: Remove high sec entirely.

Give new players a 14 day safety gap that terminates early if they leave the old high sec regions or carry any cargo beyond veldspar and t1 ammo or fit anything other than t1 mods to their ship.

Most characters in highsec go about their gameplay totally unaffected by ganking at all.

Whether its mission running, manufacturing, hauling to/from/between markets, rattting or even mining, the issue of ganking never impacts them in the slightest.

Your “solution” would massively impact their play unnnecessarily.

On top of that, why shouldn’t there be a highsec? The game offers different types of play for different types of people. Why would you want to remove the highsec option for people that enjoy that area of play, including those that want to pvp in highsec with its unique mechanics?

sigh… and how does a random blanket dec target in highsec get to mark all neutral logi of someone like vmg?

At least now that we have skill injectors. If one of their alts is blown, they can just make a new one.
No more waiting months to just train a decent scout.

Well Apophis leaked a list of his last known VMG alts on the old forums. It’s not very difficult and I’m willing to bet that if someone really wanted to, they could identify a ton of neutral logi alts.

My point remains the same that yeah the thought or idea of them existing quells potential fighting, but so does the guy that is good at multiboxing his own mini-army. If you listen to someone like Tora talk, he doesn’t complain about the neutral logi that VMG uses. He points out that VMG multiboxes at lot of logi, putting others that don’t at a disadvantage, including Marmites.

Corporations wardec’ing everyone are just pirates abusing the system in order not to get killed by Concord. I think it’s ok to limit people abusing something, wether it has to do with fairness or not. Also, I understand the role-play isn’t for everyone but you’re supposed to be WAGING WAR, it’s not something trivial.

There are much simpler solutions :
-When a corporation is being wardec’ed, they can ask/pay other corp or people to protect them, like a contract, with a breaching fee (on both side). I order to avoid tax heaven corp (which are corps abusing the corporation system) to use this, the ISK used must come from the Corp wallet, not the corp members.
-The number of corps/alliances that can be waged war upon depends according to number of players (not characters!)/active players/assets of the corp wardec’ing. PRECISION : if a corp wardec a second corp but both corp are in an alliance, then it’s counted as one wardec.
-Pilots which are outside of a war (meaning, not on either side of the war nor contracted) helping either side will be flag’ed, criminal or suspect. EDIT : this would also be applied in duels, if there’s a duel and someone tries to sabotage it, BLAM! flag’ed. We will be able to bet on duels, this will avoid a lot of scams.

I think this should resolve alot of problem.

Wardecing is High Sec isn’t a bad thing in itself, it’s just badly regulated/balanced and so, people abuse it.

Every single thread about high sec devolves into this kind of…I don’t know what to call it. Maybe “pit of dysfunction” fits.

All at the same time high sec is the most mechanically protected part of the game, but it’s the part that generates the most complaints on this forum.

1 Like

Point #1, just no. They are not pirates. They are not abusing the system. They are doing that war thing the way that mechanics are set up for war. The fact that most corps tend to duck and cover and stay docked for the duration is NOT on the aggressors. That is their choice, nobody else’s.

Points further…
A corp being decced can call out for allies to join in on their side already, for free… no fees.
The number of corpse decced used to be a fixed number. It did not generate content. Now, you can war as much as your wallet allows, which is right and just and true.
Pilots outside of a war that directly help, ie in the form of providing logistic support, already gain a suspect flag for doing so… the only thing is that most players will not take a shot at a suspect player.
It smells like danger and they wont get close to it. It’s scary.

No offense, but I think you may need to familiarize yourself more intimately with the mechanics involved.
Go out, declare war on a corp and try it a bit yourself, then come back and report your findings.

4 Likes