ABYSS abusing

Aggressively stupid, indeed.

That’s the 9th post in this thread. On the very same day this thread was started. And again on that same day, others had already confirmed that the Depot trick worked. So the ~200 posts of this thread were made irrelevant within hours of starting it.

Now let’s move on to your definition of “lots (of Filaments) in their cargo bay”. Now how many were you figuring they’d have? Can you count them on one hand? On both hands? With your shoes on? With your zipper up? How many times are you going to let your target get away from you? How terrible of a big bad evil pirate are you? If the issue of them ducking away was resolved within hours, and that was 2 months ago… How much longer do you need to learn, adapt, and overcome?

BINGO!

:sob::sob::sob: cry more bear

Citation needed.

PS: Drop a Depot.

Can we put this to a rest please? Killing Abyss runners works flawlessly with current mechanics. Just there need to be more people running T4/T5 …

“Aggressively Stupid” is one of the best terms I’ve heard in awhile, I like it!

1 Like

Marauders don’t count then. :sunglasses:

One can fly a BS in different ways, too. Try a blaster BS if you think you need a change. It’s “all in or die” with them, no dodging, no range keeping, no kiting.

Can someone explain to me, how the hell will it result in 100% safety as some like to claim here?

1. drop a depot - they can’t use a filament = dead
  2. wait until their filament supply runs out - they can’t wait out the suspect timer = dead
  3. they get one of those RNG death spawns = dead (obviously)
  4. bring 15 smartbomb battleships = vaporized on spot

And so on.

When gankers use bumping to effectively warp disrupt freighters, that’s ok even though any form of warp prevention is considered as an act of aggression by CONCORD.
But when a PvEr comes up with a clever use of mechanics…heeeell no! Out come the pitchforks and torches!!!

1 Like

Because 2 months ago when this thread was started, nobody knew how to stop them from ducking back inside.

And then a couple hours later, they’d figured it out.

But all the manly evil pirates whiny crybabies are still butthurt over those couple hours when new mechanics required unknown new tactics.

because they don’t want to try things by themselves, only to be fed content by CCP, so babies are crying for CCP to bring them food.

How could somebody bring intelligence into the mechanics?

I think the whole mechanic is quite weird. What is this supposed to be? Levels 1-3 are basically a PvP proof way run some decently valuable sites in Highsec, and Levels 4 and up seem like a pretty much surefire way to get killed as soon as this “loophole” gets “fixed”.

Wat?

They should remove the suspect flag for T4-5 since the gankers have already been proven capable of killing Abyss runners coming out of T1-3. It will give gankers juicier targets and make the sites worth running in high sec. More PvP can’t be a bad thing.

I hope you realize one could argue exactly the opposite with the same reasoning, to flag T1 to T5, because gankers have proven to be capable of killing Abyss runners.

In essence do you want only suicidal gankers to kill them and exclude the non-suicidal gankers. You’re using the suicidal gankers to get some of the risk removed.

Maybe leave ganking (suicidal or not) to its own threads. Pretty please?

That is what this thread is about.
Some ganker upset that he couldn’t gank someone due to game mechanics.

The killboard was full of suicide ganks/ganks of abyss runners after the mobile depot trick was discovered.
Can we please recognize this thread is about not being able to easily gank someone because they used game mechanics. Pretty please?

I know what the thread is about, but why do you bring in more suicidal ganking and want some of the risk for Abyss runners removed?

I never did a T4-5 in high sec. Yet I am up to 5 attempted suicide ganks.
If the suicide gankers were any better I would have lost a 2.6 billion isk ship and possibly a 2.4 billion isk pod.
That is a lot of risk for running T1-3 “risk free” sites. If someone wants to kill you bad enough they will try and eventually succeed. 3 of my ganks were easily avoided by jumping into another abyss site. 2 of them were not avoided. If I am to risk suicide ganks in tier 3s even when I am in systems with no other people in system then why shouldn’t I be able to run the higher risk sites for better rewards that still come with the possibility of getting suicide ganked?

It is gankers aimed against the entire Abyss profession and restricted if you play solo within the beginner area of EVE - high-sec. It is not fair, because only abyss runners can be ganked on such a large scale this easily, but no other profession.

I understand, but it’s no so different from Incursion runners, who don’t actually have to fly bling ships, and yet they do so voluntarily with a few going as far as officer mods. They can be located quite easily, too.

The risk you have is a part of the profession, but of course it’s also new are gankers giving it much attention. I’d give it at least a year to let some of the attention fade away. Once more players have begun running Abyss sites and more have started going for T4/T5s will the remaining attention very likely shift onto those with suspect flagging, because they can be spotted easily in local. You’ll be saver then when ruinng T1-T3.

You should understand. No buts.

1 Like

Are you just trolling me now? :rofl: