ABYSS abusing

Being suspect, but being able to jump into a place where being suspect is a moot point, is pointless and meaningless.

2 Likes

Small note: you would need to use bonus room for it. Other rooms are useless.
Other option might be one of Recon missions. The one with gas cloud

1 Like

Kinda like docking in a station. Using game mechanics to keep your ship isnā€™t bad. Just bring a suicide gank fleet. Why are people so upset others are enjoying a new expansion in relative peace?

1 Like

So what do you think is the reason they have implemented this in the first place, then?

Well, she can, because you are. It is not even an assumption, it is actually obvious.
You projecting your anger onto her is not her issue.
You being unaware of how you are expressing yourself ā€¦ not her issue either.

Your posts reek of suppressed aggression and anger.

1 Like

No ones offended.

There must be a reason CCP decided on a suspect flag for running the tier 4-5 sites in highsec.

At the moment, thereā€™s a smart way to avoid any possible reason for CCP going with that mechanic.

Unfortunately for us all, mechanics create expectations and while emergent gameplay often finds ways to avoid or manipulate the intended game design in novel ways, where those novel ways break expectations, people ask questions.

Thatā€™s true no matter whether itā€™s this situation, or a different one.

3 Likes

To increase risk for runners in hisec, and appease certain folks from certain areas of space.

2 Likes

And that risk is PvP, just as Sol wrote.

You arenā€™t even arguing against what he wrote, youā€™re just arguing semantics over whether the consequence is PvP or the risk of PvP.

Seems a pretty pointless thing to argue.

1 Like

So where is this ā€œintended riskā€ for them ā€¦
ā€¦ when they can simply avoid the ā€œriskā€ completely ?

Too often I feel like I am actually talking to people who want to defend their easy-mode money farm.

Is this game full of RMTers?

2 Likes

What about dropping a depot near the Abyssal trace? They canā€™t activate a new one within 1000km.

I have no dog in this fight, and couldnā€™t care less. I have not run any of the new content, and have no plans to. Iā€™m just stating that it seems rather pointless to me to give someone a suspect flag, and also give them the means to easily ā€˜push a buttonā€™ and evade any repercussions from such a flag. But if thatā€™s the way CCP and the rest of you want to roll, fine by me.

I used to feel the same way. But since Iā€™ve started ignoring suicide ganker threads, my brain is much less overheated.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Funny stuff, I would understand if a solo PVP player would want this mechanic to be changed when he camped the trace for 20 mins, butā€¦ the majority of posters here who want CCP to do something about this have a very nice ganking record. So basically the ppl are asking : lets us gank and collect loot.

I assume it was the starting point for CCP to limit tier4 and 5 to organized groups not in high sec.

2 Likes

Kinda like pressing the dock dock button or being tethered while -10.

2 Likes

I live in wH space, if I wanted I could run these site in near perfect safety.

I didnā€™t bring semantics into it, but the risk of something happening and the certainty of it are two very different things.

A player goes through extremely difficult PvP, practically guaranteed to be low on ammo, charges, tank etc when they exit, almost certainly in an expensive fit and pod. Then just for the cherry on top they are put at further risk for no good reason whatsoever.

The risk in this feature was supposed to be the site. Instead itā€™s the site and whoever is waiting at the exit to freely attack you when you are already chewed up. This is nothing more than a thinly veiled means to push the high end sites out to null/WH, and Iā€™m surprised they allowed these to be run in WH space tbh.

5 Likes

They go through what?

Semantics can be such a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  when you decided on such a strict approach.

From the Crimewatch devblog:

Legality Flag: This flag exists to penalize those who commit criminal/suspicious actions in Empire space

While I donā€™t personally agree with the use of crimewatch for this, my opinion on that means nothing. CCP have decided that the action is suspicious in the eyes of Crimewatch.

So if players donā€™t want to face that further risk, then they shouldnt commit a suspicious act in highsec.

Schoolboys, lol

CBA to estalk but would not be surprised if working near a trade hub.

Gankers are lazy sometimes. Soā€¦are their victims. gankers donā€™t want to roam 15 jumps for a kill. Lucky for themā€¦many carebears donā€™t want to haul their goodies 15 jumps (just one way) either.

Soā€¦bear sets up near hub, gankers go cool, we donā€™t have to fly all night to find them.

1 Like

Scan abyssal trace.
Drop a mobile depot.
Wait for suspect bear.
Kill the bear.

5 Likes