Abyssal Pockets and the Ships to Run Them

One of the devs said something like that from the stage at fanfest.

1 Like

I remember the guy saying that during the art presentation, but since he was just trying to go get some screenshots I didnā€™t necessarily take that as a sign of difficulty.

supposed to hit sisi in the next few days, so Iā€™ll be trying

Everybody will be doing those in HaCs with ADC II modules unless there will be tier restrictions so I donā€™t expect 25% survivability.

2 Likes

HACs with ADC for the win then?

Considering Iā€™ve run numbers for passive shield fits that recover over 1600 EHP/s while the adc runs or active armor fits that rep over 2100 just off what is on the hull or over 2800 with an Aske set and the ADC running? Yeah, absolutely monstrously over-tanked options are available. Probably as long as you are within shouting distance of 400 DPS you are ā€œokayā€. Some pirate ships can clear over 700 DPS and have good tank but the cost of one of those fits opposed to a HAC with a panic button is probably double easily.

1 Like

a lot to like about hacs: good resists, good cap, decent damage, ADC,

Iā€™d be worried about that as sure you get very good short term EHP regen, but you only get so much time with the ADU active, and at peak regen you will only gain some small amount of buffer. Active tanked ships will probably at least pull back most of their EHP while the ADC is active.

That passive regen fit still pulls over 430 EHP/s even with the ADC off. 60K EHP buffer from full with ADC off, 217K EHP if you were to use the ADC from max of which the shield counts for 192K EHP. Basically you pull 18K+ shield EHP of recovery during the ADC period, which will drop to being an effective ~4850-12000 EHP recovery depending on resists hit for damage once the ADC has lapsed. That is still 12.3% to 20% of your total EHP recovered over 15 seconds.

1 Like

Share your fits!

2 Likes

Iā€™m still very unclear about those missle and drone shooting mechanics. Iā€™m not sure will they entirely negate a missle or drone boat or will they just be unable to be used while in range of that structure that shoots them ? or will the drones just get auto agro over player ships ?

Also sleepers are drones, so if you encounter them why not just forget shooting at all and just pull them over to the structure ?

I would like to fly something like the Cerberus or Orthus in these, but if the ships weapons are completely nullified then that wouldnā€™t work out very well.

And these sites are already limited to T1, T2 and faction cruisers, cutting out drones and missles will severly cut down the ship / fit choices even further. Ships such as Sacrilege, Cerberus, Rook, Caracals, Vexors, Ishtar, Rapier, Gila, Stratios, Orthrus will be next to useless if their main weapon systems are too affected. And ships like Vigilant for example will have reduced effectiveness if it canā€™t utilize its drones.

So hulls and fits are very much TBD until after these tings hit the test server at least, if not TQ.

1 Like

I think the point to that was so that you couldnā€™t use your standard derpy PvE boats.

Probably there to try to keep people from afkā€™ing as well. Youā€™re forced to be at your computer if youā€™re forced to use turrets.

Though, if the latter was true, they could just have kt kill auto-targeting missiles and free up options for the playerbase.

1 Like

they are live on sisi!

T1 sites are pretty easy, seems like most well fit cruisers will stomp t1 sites. Had one drone BS that took a moment to kill with the deimos, but should be doable in the 15-20 min window for most ships. I have a t2 key that Iā€™ll use in a bit.

The format is pretty much warp in, kill NPCs, Kill loot structure, move to next pocket.

also got some mutagens and some pretty sweet rolls on a large shield booster, med rep, and 50mn MWD.

I saw the anti missile/drone one in the first site I went to, the NPCs were drones and it killed them all for me. It also damaged my drones, but I was able to recall them before they got popped. I think itā€™s just an AOE but I didnā€™t test it very thoroughly. I had one that gave a tracking boost, and it stopped after I moved away from it.

3 Likes

Can you leave the pocket sooner that the timer is up or you have to go to the final room (fighting all the rooms anyway) to can do that? Also have you tried what happens if you wait for the timer to expire (does your ship simply get thrown out of the pocket or you get destroyed)?

1 Like

You have to kill all the enemies before the gate activates to take you to the next ā€˜roomā€™. I also wanted to echo Chainsawā€™s comments in that these filaments were incredibly easy. I faced a Drone Battleship, pair of Drone Frigates and then five Drone Frigates before being able to exit.

Buffer tank is a must. I got disconnected from SiSi and when I warped back in it took me through the ā€œno-goā€ zone. Took out all the shields and 75% of the armor on my Vexor Navy Issue, so if I wouldnā€™t have had the 1600mm armor plate Iā€™d have been toast.

With the base filaments there are 3 rooms to clear (including the one you warp into) and 3 gates to activate (including the exit gate). Each were about 50km apart so you by no means need a MWD (at least for the base filament).

1 Like

Is there a sec status restriction on higher tier keys or can you use them all in hs?

Also how did you like it?

1 Like

They seeded 5 sets of filaments (keys) which Iā€™m assuming are the base ones, so there were no restrictions at the time I tested it (which was in high-sec). There was quite a bit of TiDi present (60%+) and disconnects, so it took about an hour to actually fit a ship and run an Abyssal pocket.

I liked what I saw so far. The graphics are pretty slick, but there are placeholder graphics for Trig stuff and a lot of descriptions like ā€œweak_explosive_droneā€ and things like that, so the ā€˜atmosphereā€™ isnā€™t quite there yet.

2 Likes

Would a Gila be viable to run these? Same question but staying within the expanded alpha skillset?

Edit: Also was there a suspect timer added when you left the pocket (in hi-sec)?

1 Like

Yep. When you fly the filament, Gila, Gila, Gila. If anything the higher drone durability will ensure your drones survive. Plus you only have 2 to micromanage and you can either run light missiles or rockets to take out smaller ships. A stasis web is recommended, though.

1 Like

:frowning:

2 Likes

You can exit a pocket as soon as you killed everything in it. There is a gate in the last pocket that allows you to get back to normal space. So you are definitely not stuck there for the duration of the timer, but you do have to finish it (or fail time wise).

Overall, it was easy, but fun. Not knowing what type of enemies are in there makes omni-tanking (and reactive armor hardeners) very useful. I ran it in a vigilant and enjoyed the web bonus, but I donā€™t think it should be needed, at least for calm pockets.

It feels like short range fits would be much better than sniping/kiting. Itā€™s either small things that will close in fast, or big things against which you will waste too much time using long range, lower damage weapons. For me, blasters+web ftw. Clean up the small stuff up close fast, and orbit under the guns of the BS, so you take almost no damage. Triglavians might be different, but I have not yet encountered them. A triglavian cruiser with the main weapon + smart bombs also seems like it could work quite well. Good dps against big stuff that takes long to kill and lots of free highs for smartbombs to kill the small stuff up close.

@Eternal_Montage
The Gila is viable, for sure, but for this I liked my armor tank with reactive hardener. Even though Gilas are undoubtedly awesome, Iā€™m not sure that would be my goto ship, especially for EM pockets. HACs will be at an advantage from the high resists. That will make the tanking a lot easier than a typical T1 resist profile. Gilas are awesome when you need gank a lot more than tank, but the pockets emphasize tank a fair bit more. Iā€™d rather have a fit that can finish in 15 minutes and survive, rather than one that can finish in 12 minutes sometimes, but dies if the pockets donā€™t line up well.

3 Likes

What about a suspect flag in hi-sec when exiting the pocket? Though it seems there is none just wanted to make sure so confirmation would be helpful.

As for the Gila it was me who brought it up. I did so because recently Iā€™ve stumbled upon it and was thinking of trying out the ā€œsuperā€ drones it can field, originally just to hunt MTUs :smiling_imp: but that on its own didnā€™t warrant buying and fitting one (though can afford it no problem) but if it can run these sites too then surely worth it and sufficient reason to.

1 Like