Abyssal Pockets and the Ships to Run Them

Since when?

1 Like

they said that at fanfest. you still wont know what NPCs, what local effects, and what structures will be there.

It mostly depends on what else you need to fit to make your ship work. And on armor fits resist rigs slow you down, so you might not want to fit resist rigs.

maybe, maybe not, no one knows yet. There are some trade offs for sure.

because large cap batteries give a lot of cap buffer, and on a hac that gives a lot of cap regen too.

And looking at pyfa a
zealot with a RF large battery gets +48.5 cap/s
zealot with a RF Med + t2 CCC gets +40.2 cap/s

So I’m not sure what you are looking at seeing the medium getting better results. The large gets more cap/s and only uses one slot, but uses more fitting room too. With most Hacs I’d fit around the battery.

My issue with cap batteries for this is that you can’t just warp off if your cap buffer/neut resist isn’t enough. Also if the pocket only lasts 15 min cap boosters would allow more survivability as well as flexibility with cap and unlike most PVE content this is short and sweet so the amount of boosters you’d use compared to potential reward you’d pull out.

1 Like

i know oversized in general would be beneficial, its just that when i put the first Zealot fit in osmium it showed like 4 minutes worth of armor rep. maybe im too paranoic regarding the possible damage output of the NPCs that will be there, but i would favour using a same sized cap mod for a permanent rep configuration compared to large cap mod which only gives a few minutes with the repper on.

even if its a T2 ship.

Turn off the bloody MWD and it goes stable. I’ve another fit for the zealot with better stability that is cheaper and reps for more. But has ~50 less DPS. Flip side is for a really good character the rep EHP/s is close to 580 or over 2100 for the 15 seconds of the ADC being up. But same deal, you’ve got to pulse that MWD and not just leave the stupid thing on all the time. Its not a afterburner where skills allow you to just turn it on and forget about it.

1 Like

can use a cap booster every 20ish seconds, if the neut pressure is high you won’t last the 15 mins with a cruiser’s cargo size.

I think you are interpreting the numbers wrong. The large cap battery is better in almost all cases, if you are fitting a medium it’s pretty much only there for the neut resistance, and that’s probably a niche fit.

The large battery will give far more cap, and thus higher regen than a medium. If it has 4 mins with a large it’s going to have something like a minute with a medium.

Well, having seen the new stats for the Trig ships I have to say I’m extremely disappointed. They were doing some rough calculations on Reddit and the Trig Leshak battleship is only going to be doing around 1300 or so DPS out to 30km (and after about 2 minutes to spool up to full damage). That and the stats are worse than a Navy Apocalypse. Slow speed, slow inertia and even slower warp speed.

My Kronos can do 2000 DPS at 30km (and that’s not even overheated), so unless the numbers get buffed I’ll be unimpressed (especially considering the sticker price).

1 Like

thing just got seeded, they’ll probablty update the stats later on.

Usually down…

I think reddit’s a bit off on this one. either that or I suck at eve math.

I’m seeing 411 dps on sisi with t2 high damage ammo and 4 damage mods. that’s before the new skills. So assuming normal bonuses 1.25 (base turret skill) * 1.1 (spec skill) * 1.25 (5%/level damage bonus) / 0.75 (5% rof BS skill bonus)

All that goes up to 941 dps.

and the 4.63s rof * 0.75 (bs 5% rof bonus) = 3.4725s rof * 20 cycles (5% per cycle) = 69.45s for damage to ramp up.

also it’s affected by gunnery implants, a large damage implant increases damage, I started fitting with implants in but I ripped them out out to check base numbers

Gluon is 234 dps at 63km
Mystic is 296 dps at 52km TII long range
Lepton 309 dps at 35km
Quark is 331 dps at 24km
Occult is 411 dps at 14km TII short range

and yea that’s the other thing, I really doubt the 90s align time is accurate.

Also the heat damage is super low, and with only one turret you could heat for a pretty long time.

1 Like

So 1700 DPS @14km after a minute? I can get close to that now with Blasters that hit out to 30km. I guess you could run some tracking computers but that gives you, what - 20% more range? Hopefully they’ll come out with some Trig tracking computers that give a 25-30% optimal range.

Are there new Trig rigs and implants as well? The ROF and tracking implants might work, but I don’t think any of the damage implants or any of the weapon rigs will.

I thought we’d get something a little more interesting with shield and armor resists. Kind of underwhelming.

1 Like

Pyfa has a neutron blaster kronos at 1500 dps with less range. using void, no implants, and 5 damage mods (4 faction magstabs 1 t2 rof rig) Also your hit out to 30km is ignoring falloff, at 30km a kronos is not doing full damage. Looking at that fit with null it does ~1060 at 30km (and that’s with bastion + 3 optimal scripted tracking comps)

sure for solo mission running maybe it’s not the best. Will probably kill most mission npcs before you get your damage ramped up. But it also gets 4 utility highs with bonuses to cap use on neuts, remote reps, and smartbombs. Also not sure if therm/exp works well for any specific NPC type.

anything that works on guns should work on the Disintegrators, that said rigs are specific to their gun type so no idea if there will be new rigs or not.

I meant Vigilant ofc, but Deimos will also be good, rep bonus.

2 Likes

ramping damage seems more suitable for fights against hard to crack oponents, Incursions and Wormholing perhaps?

Alpha on that image is 1900 dps. Are there hull bonuses yet?

the skill isn’t released yet so can’t train it. and there’s no traits tab to see what the final bonuses are. supposed to have a damage and rof bonus. I’m assuming they will be 5% like most other ships but will need to wait and see.

1 Like

For PVE I’m a fan of high resists and an active tank bonus as well as dmg bonus. I have used the vaga a lot for ratting and c2/c3 sites and its fast, agile, has a huge tank and high resists, great dmg application and tracking, I fit mine with large med guns and a faction cap battery, the lows are full of dmg mods and tracking enhrs. Rigged for t2 CCC I can even get a closed socket when running sites and have to restart and I come back on and its still there tanking the rats. wonder what comparisons I can draw from the new sites and the things Ive already done with it…

[Vagabond, DOT]
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Medium Cap Battery II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Gist X-Type Large Shield Booster

425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
Small Energy Neutralizer II

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II

Federation Navy Hobgoblin x5

Phased Plasma M x23735

1 Like

those republic fleet cap batteries are nice, I basically replaced most of my doctrines with cap rechargers to fit at least one battery before any rechargers are fit

1 Like

Yeah, I’m partial to Vagabond and own one which has served me well in the past, even used it to complete some Cosmos missions. Anyway, did some EFT/Pyfa action and came up with this fit.

Vagabond
High slots
5x 425mm Autocannon II -w- T2 / RF Faction ammo
1x Corpum A-Type Medium Energy Nosferatu

Medium slots
1x Gist X-Type Large Shield Booster
1x Pith X-Type Shield Boost Amplifier
1x Pithum A-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
1x Gistum C-Type 10MN Afterburner

Low slots
2x Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
1x Republic Fleet Tracking Enhancer
1x Shadow Serpentis Assault Damage Control
1x True Sansha Power Diagnostic System

Rig slots
2x Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II

Drone Bay
5x Hobgoblin II

1 Like

Read an interesting comment on Reddit today. Supposedly those involved with playtesting these have been unable to beat them (yet). I’m not sure if this was any Abyssal pocket or just the highest tier.

Take it with a grain of salt, but these might not be anywhere near a walk in the park that some are expecting.