Abyssal Pockets and the Ships to Run Them

CCP has confirmed cruisers only, so nothing smaller apparently. So fitting theorycrafting will be limited to T1, T2 and Faction cruisers.

Thanks. Osmium is not updated.

Isn’t osmium dying soon?

Shortly after EvE apparently

Announced its closing. Yes.

Should be dead already ive sent a few emails requesting an update. Ive gotten mostly,nothing but one email that was…rather spiteful.

1 Like

What about phantasm? It has speed bonus.

I believe the Phantasm has been suggested, yes.

I’ve thought about it and Abysmal space was created so that T1 Cruisers can complete it, so it’s definitely not like a level 5 mission. If T1 Cruisers can’t complete it, then players won’t engage in that content. I highly doubt CCP wants another reception like Resource Wars got, especially since this is a major expansion.

The Abysmal pockets only last for 15 minutes which has 3 Dungeons in it, that’s 5 minutes per Dungeon. I highly doubt the level 1 Abysmal pockets will have huge amounts of DPS. Now the higher level Abysmal pockets will be much tougher to complete and will probably need different fitting done… Hell, 100km’s is nothing to fret about as long as you’re not flying a brick and make sure to take out the web frigs asap.

I think the main goal is to get to the last Dungeon asap where the main Boss NPC is located, not spend a bunch of time clearing out each Dungeon.

2 Likes

You have to keep in mind that the difficulty scales, though. The hardest ones probably require t2 cruisers with implants, as they should.

Yeah, I know that and said it in my last reply. I think completing the higher level pockets will require Faction / Deadspace fit ships, doesn’t necessarily have to be a clone packed with Implants though, especially if the NPC’s are podding pilots.

Anyway, we’ll all know soon enough.

As an alternative to a drone boat or missiles I am looking at a rail vigilant…something like this I think would be able to tank the site as well as have a decent clear time. As a bonus its cap stable, however it requires boosters. Usually I wouldn’t do this for PvE but I feel like in this case it will pay off as far as investment in as opposed to what I make from them.

[Vigilant, Abyssal]
Damage Control II
Centum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Corelum A-Type Energized Explosive Armor Hardener

50MN Microwarpdrive II
Dark Blood Stasis Webifier
Dark Blood Small Capacitor Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
Dark Blood Small Capacitor Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400

250mm Railgun II, Javelin M

Medium Anti-Thermal Pump II
Medium Anti-Kinetic Pump II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Republic Fleet Warrior x5
Federation Navy Hobgoblin x5

3 Likes

welp it seems the filament actually shows which weather you’re gonna be facing so yeah, guess people will be able to adjust the fit against an specific resistance hole before diving. (really CCP? really? i expected more of you).

this i relevant for armor tho. i’ve never used the reactive one because it seems slow, but specific hardeners sound convicing for it.

The reactive takes about 2-3 cycles to shift fully but gives better protection than an enam once it shifts…also it starts at 15% omni so that’s not too bad. The point for the vigilant was fill the hole first then the rigs get the therm and kinetic up to par and the icing on the cake is when the reactive shifts. If it ended up being thermal explo you should be around 80% or better for both. Combine that with a cap stable a-type rep and after its determined it will work you can toss in asklepians too…oh and don’t forget drugs…those will be a life saver in these things.

1 Like

It doesn’t help against any effects from structures - which are still random and unknown.

Here is a Phobos with less dps more tank same idea as the vigilant.
[Phobos, Phobos Abyssal]
Damage Control II
Centus X-Type Armor Explosive Hardener
Reactive Armor Hardener
Centum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Shadow Serpentis Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Shadow Serpentis Magnetic Field Stabilizer

Federation Navy 50MN Microwarpdrive
Dark Blood Medium Capacitor Booster, Navy Cap Booster 800
Thukker Small Cap Battery
Tracking Computer II, Tracking Speed Script

Prototype Cloaking Device I

Even has a cloak to mwd cloak trick once you finish.

2 Likes

Honestly this sounds ideal to me. We get to have different ships for different weather effects which gives variety, but we’re also forced to adapt to the changing conditions of the structures that spawn.

1 Like

Won’t work with a prototype cloak. You’d need to find enough CPU for an improved.

HICs in general are of interest though. Playing around with a Broadsword it seems you can make it work fairly nicely. The utility high they all share (for these purposes) is certainly appealing.

1 Like

For what…there is like nothing that really fits there that helps in pve…even now is too short of range to make a difference. They do have some of the best looking resist profiles though…still think a pirate cruiser is the way to go with flat out dps to blitz through these.

1 Like

Some of the newer NPCs can be nosed with nosferatus, which can increase your cap.

1 Like