Abyssal Pockets and the Ships to Run Them

You’ll need to omnitank not just explosive. Triglavians use therm/explosive, but in the pockets you gonna meet not only them, but Sleepers/Drifters and Rogue Drones too. You’'be able to see weather inside from outside, but rats are gonna be random.

2 Likes

Being Cap stable is the ticket, using an active tank and keeping it cap stable while standing up to neuts is gonna be tough.

Also you can go with a web, I won’t, never have needed one or used one for PvE content.

2 Likes

Well, I flown missile/drones hulls for the most of the part in EvE. I switched to nomad legion recently - lasers. It’s really good, there is no dmg delay, but it’s also tracking involved. So few days ago I was takled and webbed by few drones and I couldn’t hit them with my guns…I carry a web since then.

I’m thinking about Deimos/Eagle, hybrids have good tracking and dps, add a web (deimos has a bonus for it) + cap stable tank.

I usually take out the frigs with long range Barrage ammo, if one get’s in close I switch to short range ammo depending on the rat. Most of the time I use Republic Fleet Phased Plasma. I do use drones sometime but don’t launch them till all small hull class NPC’s are off the field.

That’s why I’m thinking Tracking Computer, can switch between range and tracking.

you doing so because you know where rats will be, in pockets they may spawn right behind you. Medium weapons don’t track as good to shoot smaller size targets.

Also weather and local effect will work on enemies in pockets too. I wonder how this will end, if positioning will give tactical advantage.

Triglavians cruiser may be good for AP. They will have bonuses for smartbombs, and since it’s solo they will be safe to use there.

Tracking Computer with Tracking script and short range ammo with a Tracking Enhancer mod on the ship will work just fine for frigs that get close.

I think the point with these Abysmal Pockets is to keep moving through them, basically run the gauntlet and destroy everything in your path.

I’m not too keen on using a bunch of mods that will eat a lot of Cap or increase my ship signature.

If we’re looking for pirate cruisers, maybe a Cynabal will do ? The damage output could be pretty nice with auto cannons or artilleries ?
Or a Vigilant ? It cost a lot for a cruiser hull, but the boosted blasters can wreck havoc against those ships, even with raw damage if they are omni tanked like Sleepers.

Caracal Navy Issue could maybe work, with the missiles with improved range to stay outside of the area in which NPC can deal damage, or a VNI if they aren’t too much anti-drones structures.

1 Like

Actually I first thought of using the Vagabond since I already own one, plus it’s quick and agile with pretty good bonus stats for projectile and shield boost.

Vagabond (HAC)
5x 425mm AC II’s and Med Nos in high slots.
Large Shield Booster, Shield Boost Amp, Invul Field and 10MN Afterburner in mid slots.
2x Gyro, Tracking Enhancer, Assault Damage Control and Power Diagnostic System in low slots.
2x Med CCC II in rig slots.
5x T2 Light Drones

That fit is Cap stable without the Nos but if there’s an overwhelming amount of Neut being done in the Abysmal Pockets then the Nos should keep it Cap stable.

While I did tinker with the Muninn, I found the Eagle to be good as well. Only problem is fitting the 250 mm rails.

[Eagle, Eagle]
Assault Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Power Diagnostic System II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Gist C-Type Large Shield Booster
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Tracking Computer II
50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive

Caldari Navy 250mm Railgun, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M

Medium Core Defense Field Extender II
Medium Ancillary Current Router II

About 290 dps for a near cap stable ship. Thing that I found is that you can’t run the mwd and booster at the same time.

3 Likes

Yeah, I looked at a Cynabal, has some pretty good bonus stats. 10% bonus to Medium Projectile Turret falloff and 10% bonus to Medium Projectile Turret damage (per skill level) plus 25% bonus to Medium Projectile Turret rate of fire.

Has a decent 5,5,5 slot layout but can only fit 4 turrets, guess the utility slot could be used for Smart Bomb or Nos, depending on the fit.

As for the fit itself, I haven’t really put much thought into it. Could make it a super tank with 2x large Shield Extenders with Invul Field, Afterburner and Tracking Computer in the mid with Damage Control, 2x Gyro, Tracking Enhancer and a Power Diagnostic System in the low.

It can carry and field 5x Med Drones which could be sacrificed to get the ship out of a sticky situation.

For rigs I’d use Anti-EM to plug the hole in the shield and also Anti-Thermal rig to get Omni resists. I don’t know what I’d fit in the 3rd rig slot, maybe a Damage rig? Problem is it only has 350 Calibration points to work with.

I don’t think buffer fits will work in this first iteration, solo buffer is going to have a hard time.

How so? It doesn’t rely on Cap and can take a lot of DPS.

Think about it, these are high dps sites in a enclosed area with multiple unknown variables. We have 15-20 minutes to burn through Omi damage sites you may not finish considering that gates could be 100 km from each other.

I believe most of us came to the conclusion that armor buff wouldn’t work, so I think it applies to shield as well.

I would go for an eagle. Cheapest version would be like that :

[Eagle, Unnamed loadout]
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II

Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
EM Ward Amplifier II
Medium Cap Battery II
Medium Shield Booster II

250mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

400dps
Stable with everything running.

2 Likes

I wonder if we’ll be able to run these with smaller ships, such as tactical destroyers.

Shield buffer might be workable if you are willing to take it the extra pair of steps to a purger fit. Hell I just ran the numbers and while your effective DPS is no so hot… you can get an Eagle with over 1600 EHP/s shield recovery for the duration of the ADC. And about 430 EHP/s under normal circumstances. Just run a 1% PG implant

[Eagle, Regen Fit]

Assault Damage Control II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Reactor Control Unit II

50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Gistum A-Type EM Ward Amplifier
Republic Fleet Large Shield Extender
Republic Fleet Large Shield Extender
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery

200mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M

Medium Core Defense Field Purger II
Medium Core Defense Field Purger II

Republic Fleet Warrior x5

2 Likes

you can’t use drones in this ship

Just announced. We’ll only have to wait a few more days…

1 Like

Then a few additional hours or days until the broken patch is fixed. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Eagle got a small drone bay in a recent patch