Abyssal Pockets and the Ships to Run Them

Currently it’s the complete opposite, you get an invulnerability timer when coming out. It’s not a cloak, and I can’t remember if it is disabled as soon as you move, but it is definitely not a suspect timer (and I’m quite happy about that, but that’s a topic for another thread I guess).

1 Like

You misunderstand. I’m so sick of the Gila and its ubiquity.

3 Likes

Sounds like the undock timer you get when leaving a station, though that is only 30 seconds as I recall.

I understood, that’s why I spend a good chunk of my reply to you stating that I prefer armor, HACs and survivability to the Gila’s gank potential for this content.

2 Likes

Edited my post above, might have been 30s too… I exited a little while ago and can’t remember the exact time. Shouldn’t have said anything specific. But there is an invul timer.

1 Like

Gilas are overrated anyways. use something more original. Cynabal or Ashimmu for example. who cares about efficiency.

2 Likes

Well thats a little bit reassuring. I’ve been really hoping that hacs are best for these. Hacs are awesome, and they need more places for use.

1 Like

Are those available for alphas? Could check them out though. I am an alpha on all my accounts (only PLEXed to train the expanded alpha skillset) so obviously that limits what I can fly and fit, this is why the Gila seemed a good choice beyond the Gnosis I use for PvE, just to spice up my playstyle, and fielding two “super” drones seemed like a fun change and less micromanagement.

1 Like

Alphas -> can fly any T1 or Faction subcap. no T2 or T3 stuff (and no Triglavs for now :frowning:) so yeah you can fly any pirate ship avaliable including Balanced Legion.

2 Likes

This hasn’t been discussed yet, but here are the five (initial) effects from the base Filaments:

Calm Dark Filament: Dark Matter Field
-Optimal/Falloff Range +Maximum Velocity

Calm Electrical Filament: Electrical Storm
-EM Resistance +Capacitor Recharge

Calm Exotic Filament: Exotic Particle Storm
-Kinetic Resistance +Scan Resolution

Calm Firestorm Filament: Plasma Firestorm
-Thermal Resistance +Armor Hit Points

Calm Gamma-Ray Filament: Gamma-Ray Afterglow
-Explosive Resistance +Shield Hit Points

I didn’t note how much of an impact these have, but I probably overtanked and with an armor fit a RAH is recommended to compensate. For shield fits, since you know the penalty beforehand it’s easy to simply fit a shield hardener.

3 Likes

No idea on restrictions, afaik there are currently none, There’s like 100 beacons on the undock of the main test server station, and I saw someone say you could put them on a citadel. I would expect them to add some restrictions before it goes on TQ though. I assume the no restrictions is just there to make testing easier.

Not going to comment on likes/dislikes till I try some higher tier sites. t1 is pretty much event difficulty, warp in blap stuff onto the next room.

for t1 level sites it will dunk them, just don’t get too close to the anti drone/missile structure. Heck gila drones can probably tank the damage for a bunch of ticks.

yea excited to get my hands on one of those. disappointed the NES isn’t working to extract my less useful skills to play with the trig ships though.

I wouldn’t make any conclusions off of anything currently on sisi. It’s set up for testing the sites, any timer mechanics or restrictions will likely be put in later.

1 Like

From CCP Paradox in his thread about the sites being live in SiSi:

Restrictions on the use of Filaments have not been finalized

The filaments (Consumable items used to access Abyssal Deadspace) have not had all of the cases finalized where a filament can and cannot be consumed. Restrictions such as being able to use a filament under situations such as in warp, while tethered or inside of a POS forcefield, are still being worked on. You can expect changes to continue to hit Singularity which implements these kinds of restrictions.

The invulnerability timer is probably there to prevent players from being ganked. I think the Gila is going to fare well in T1-T3 sites, and as that’s probably what we’re going to be limited to in high-sec (or even less) that’s fine with me. There’s not a lot of gain to be had from ganking a T2 fit 60k EHP Gila.

I didn’t notice the anti-drone structures but my overview and hotkeys were completely messed up. Considering how long it took the drones I did lose to pop I’m pretty sure the Gila’s medium drones can tank these what with the +500% drone durability. Worst-case you can complete these with missiles alone (the Vexor fit I ran only dished out around 200 DPS).

Passive buffer tank and 800+ DPS with RLMLs and T2 drones will work slick. With RLMLs and Precision ammo you won’t even need a web for the frigates.

1 Like

I really hope they get rid of that timer

It all really depnds on what level of filaments they allow access to in high-sec. I would be inclined to let players run anything in high-sec but give them an invulnerability timer on F1s, nothing on F2s and a suspect timer on F3s and higher.

the anti drone/missile structure has a 10-20km radius of effect. I think it’s 10km from 0m on the structure, but the structure has pretty big geometry

Just jumped into a t2 electrical, not too much harder than t1, but a bunch of extra small ships, saw the armor drop some, so there a bit harder than a t1 site.

also the electrical storm t2 gives -50% cap recharge time (bonus) so I’m stable at like 70% cap with both reps and MWD

oh snap, 4x 144 neut (with a thukker battery) drifter cruisers in the last room with a drifter BS

21:28:58 Combat 144 GJ energy neutralized energy_neutralization_drifter_cruiser - energy_neutralization_drifter_cruiser
21:28:48 Combat 144 GJ energy neutralized energy_neutralization_drifter_cruiser - energy_neutralization_drifter_cruiser

all the drifters were low HP

2 Likes

So far the only impression I can muster is that running the sites in TiDi is annoying as hell. Maybe we’ll know more in the next few days when there aren’t quite as many people on SiSi.

3 Likes

Did you mean +50% cap recharge?
Post earlier says those buffed cap

1 Like

-50% cap recharge time methinks

1 Like

-50% cap recharge time

Means your cap recharges faster, it’s a giant buff to cap.

1 Like