Abyssal Pockets and the Ships to Run Them

So after the tidi went the heck away I was actually able to see what’s up.
Droneships seem very viable especially the ishtar with it’s big fat bay allowing you to carry both heavies and sentries as well as lights of various types.
Automata suppressor range seems to be 30km which isn’t a big deal besides all the drone swarms run right at you as soon as you break invul .

Mwd isn’t required at all the rooms are ab friendly in size which means you don’t nerf your capacitor .

As far as tanking I’m waiting for next tiers before tanking can become a topic

2 Likes

hoboleaks has something about requiring safety to yellow/red for activating a filament. *insert generic magic crystal ball disclaimer here*

Your safety is enabled. You must set your safety setting to partial or disabled in order to activate this filament.

4 Likes

PS higher tier elements are supposedly on sisi, going to go check in a bit.

2 Likes

Frak.

2 Likes

I’ve got a few Tier 4 and Tier 5 filaments today. Haven’t used them yet. I got them in a Tier 1 abyss. I’ve found that a Gila will easily roflstomp any type of Tier 1.

1 Like

Let us know how you fare in the F4s and F5s.

1 Like

Also found that you can deploy and anchor a mobile tractor and mobile depot, which you aren’t supposed to be able to do…

1 Like

restrictions are still being implemented. its SiSi anyways

1 Like

t4/5 generate a suspect timer when you exit.

Used my deimos for all of these tests, in the firestorm filament (+armor hp -thermal resist)

t3s are a step up from t2s, but still not too hard in a hac, think one made me pulse my second rep for a few secs, but that could have just been due to me getting lazy.

t4s another step up, My first room was a drifter bs + 4 drifter webbing crusiers, the cruisers aggroed my drones and did some damage to them, but I was pretty quick on the recall. the 1 drifter bs pretty tankable, think I was only using one abyssal rep (started with a deadpsace rep and got more rep strength) . 2nd/3rd room had a drone BS that didn’t do anything, and a few support drones that I killed with drones. Want to go back and try a few more of these. see what else can spawn.

t5 well I finally used my ADC and took my drugs. lots of damagetype_strong drones in all 3 rooms, with a few support drones thrown in. Got lucky and 2/3 rooms had an anti drone structure, so I just rammed that and let it do all the work. Probably won’t be so fortunate in further testing, might want to start thinking about AB fits to maybe reduce some damage.

I also took a stabber into a t5 to test boundary violations, after going out of bounds took a bunch of 1000ish damage ticks and the edges of the screen got red. I’ve seen a few towers right by the boundary but I didn’t try going past it in my normal running ship.

4 Likes

What was your Deimos fit? (also curious about the Ishtar fit, as I’m thinking about running it) At least there is no suspect timers on F1-F3s and there may be the prospect to run all filament tiers in high-sec. HAC for the win. Am I inferring correctly that you ram the structures to trigger the defenses? Is this the only way or does shooting them also work?

Addendum: Note that I’m calling these filaments F1s to F5s to differentiate from T1-T3 cruisers.

1 Like

Nope it’s an area of effect thing.

1 Like

So it sounds like a short list of requirements for F4-F5s is:

HAC, Afterburner, Stasis Web, 1-2 cap batteries
ADC, RAH, 1600mm Plate, Deadspace medium rep
Cap? Nano pump? Trimark? rigs
Drugs, Genolution? Askelian? implants

1 Like

For the deimos I rolled better armor reps and mwd with the mutaplasmids. will have to compare with other deadspace items.

I also had a strong exile booster (armor rep), Iokira (8% tracking) and pyrolancea III (7% turret damage). Will probably try with asklepains too

put in a MH-805, SS-905, and an ogdin’s to further help damage

will probably work even better in the kinetic resist place as there’s no HP buff to the npcs, and the base kin resist is higher anyways.

[Deimos, abyss explorer]

Assault Damage Control II
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Corpus B-Type Armor Explosive Hardener
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Corpum C-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Corpum C-Type Medium Armor Repairer

Federation Navy 50MN Microwarpdrive
Thukker Large Cap Battery
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier

Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M
Heavy Ion Blaster II, Void M
Heavy Ion Blaster II, Void M

Medium Ancillary Current Router II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Valkyrie II x5

pretty much they seem to activate any time a drone gets within ~10km.

shooting the towers doesn’t seem to do anything. they have ~40-60k hp, you can kill them to get rid of the effect, but that’s super time inefficient, when you can fly ~10km away from it instead.

seems like a decent list. can probably eliminate a few things with more playtesting. Like I don’t think you need a 1600mm plate. and I think you should have a prop mod but it doesn’t seem like it needs to be an MWD or AB. and I don’t think you will need implants, Shiny reps, resists, drugs, and ADC seem pretty important though.

will focus on t5 running next time I log in. need to try the other modifiers for sure, I only really did the firestorms. I imagine you can make some crazy fits for the electrical storm, with all the extra cap.

also interested in some genolution fits, supposedly we all get some genos with the 15th birthday so I’m hoping to pick some up for cheap.

2 Likes

Cool, thanks. Are dual reps needed? Would it have been more effective to run a second EANM or plate instead? What was your DPS? (600-ish?) Guessing you needed both webs against the peskier small drones? I think an AB may mitigate damage to a greater extent and also allow a bit more fitting room.

What are your thoughts on possibly exiting with a suspect flag? Surviving a small-gang gank with an ADC is probably doable, but a legal engagement (especially where they can call in reinforcements) is going to be a tough proposition. Offering to Bob?

Im thinking something like the Phantasm will be very good. You can do a combo of sig tanking with afterburner (at crazy speed) and still run a local rep aswell. I think brawling will be certain death in the higher tiers, but the lower tiers should be very easy, even for t1 cruisers.
I can imagine the higher tiers having so much dps, your only choice is to burn away and take down single targets to advance to the next pocket. (battleships with 1800 dps isnt fun for a cruiser lol!!)

Just my 2 cents heh.

1 Like

Are t3c’s not going to be allowed in abyssal deadspace?

Not at this time, no.

I’ve found that a RLM Orthrus works very well for tiers 1-3. Precision light missiles take out the small drones quite effectively and Fury missiles work on every thing else. The ship is decently fast with just an AB and can achieve a perma-tank with a medium shield booster and a large cap battery. In the sites with 50% bonus to cap recharge, you can exchange the medium shield booster for a large and still be cap stable.

For tiers 1 and 2, you can just derp around and be able to tank just fine, but you will need to kite a bit for tier 3 until you remove enough DPS from the field, but it is still very doable.

[Orthrus, Tier 1-3 CHEAP]
Damage Control II
Ballistic Control System II

10MN Afterburner II
Medium Shield Booster II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large Cap Battery II

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Fury Light Missile

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Rocket Fuel Cache Partition II
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

Hobgoblin II x5

This fit does 400+ DPS with Precision Missiles (500+ with drones) at 37km and 550+ dps with Fury missiles (650+ with drones) at 56km. I should note that to use a large shield booster, you will either need good fitting implants or will need to swap out the Tech II battery for a compact, Faction, or Storyline.

This fit is designed to be as cheap as possible while still being quite effective, if you were to pimp it out, you should be able to even tackle Tier 4 sites.

1 Like

I did a few filaments for t5 so far many times fell short in the last room and got crushed by the pocket but yea list of things to have is:propulsion(prefferably ab,cap injector-there’s pockets with 9 or so neuting cruisers a battery won’t keep you caped up forever,dual armor rep or single X-L shield booster,a web if you can spare the slot to fit one to slow down those pesky little drones,an omnitank the only sort of exception to this would be a passive tanked gila in the filament with 50% added shield hp.So far my fav ship has been the ishtar.

1 Like

So, nobody try doing a Nos orbit on one of the NPC’s to see if it will keep Cap up while taking out the other NPC’s?