Abyssal Pockets and the Ships to Run Them

What exactly happens when the time runs out?

Ghg1x7C

3 Likes

can anyone test these sites on singularity?

Yup. Just switch to Singularity in the launcher. Hit the redeeming system for some filaments to get you going.

2 Likes

When time runs out you die currently the remaining time isnā€™t displayed most times

filaments are on the market, so check there, might still be some t1-2 ones in the redeem queue, but most should be on the market

good question, one of those going to need more playtesting, Iā€™m guessing a reactive armor hardener is going to be more valuable than a second EANM, maybe more so than a second rep even? but again need to test. Also I dunno if I like having a RAH and a DC as they stack. maybe 2 eanms and a RAH will be best?

like I said in another thread a suspect flag in HS is pretty stupid. allows for n+whatever to engage you but allows for a very limited defense fleet options. pretty much only allows a logi defense. holy balls is that dumb. when everyone can just shoot you and you effectively canā€™t shoot back. I guess Iā€™d rather just go to lowsec and use an alt or two as falcon support than try to do it in highsec with a suspect timer. although I guess some low travel highsec would probably work fine too. That said I guess that might even be the point so yea, thereā€™s also a bunch of very out of the way empty highsec systems.

I mean I donā€™t want to say I want highsec to be able to freely access t4-5 elements but I also donā€™t know final drop rates or difficulty so I canā€™t make judgments in favor or disapproval either.

3 Likes

I havenā€™t really thought much of it but does the pocket resist penalty apply to the rats too?the drifters seemed more equal omnitanked and rogue drones seemed weaker to em and thermal in general

What I really like about the RAC is that it will compensate and negate most of any resistance penalty (there is no shield equivalent). I think an ideal tank might be 2x Faction EANM, RAC and medium Deadspace armor rep. Iā€™m on the fence about rigs but based on the number of neuts players are reporting I think a pair of T2 semiconductors might be ideal. Definitely at least one stasis web and large cap battery, but Iā€™m also thinking a medium cap battery to increase neut resistance by 56%.

I understand the rationale behind the suspect flag, but I donā€™t see how anyone will run these in high-sec (at least solo). Maybe thatā€™s the whole point. At least F1-F3 filaments will be possible in high-sec without a suspect flag. F4s are meant for ā€œfarmingā€ with F5s supposedly being ā€œhardā€.

Also what ships has anyone tested so far I am not looking for fits just ships and tiers.

So far Iā€™ve briefly tested first day abysal was out tier 1 and 2 with gila ishtar deimos stabber fleet,cerberus overall deimos felt the worse because of all tiny drones.

After tier 5 was added I jumped straight to it my reasoning being if the ship can do tier 5 itā€™ll do lower tiers easily-tested ishtar,gila,vagabond so far no specific choice on filament type

Also almost all ships died in last pocket unable to finish the rats on time as far as waves Iā€™ve encountered:9 or 10 neut drifter cruiser with 1 drifter bs,9 or so mixed ewar drifter cruiser(web,scram,neut) plus drifter bs,single drifter bs,tiny drones swarm of 20-25 maybe with variations such as 6-8 ewar drones(web,paint,tds,damps) and even logi drones,rogue drone bs with 10ish ewar drones mixed,rogue drone bs with 10ish logi drones,9ish all web drifter cruisers plus bs

2 Likes

Does anyone know when the next Mirror will be. my toon on singularity is months behind a not capable of flying the ships i want to test for the abyss.

Run the /copyskills command. That should get you close to a recent mirror.

never used SISI before - how do i do that Arthur Aihaken?

Just type it in local chat. Depending on how out-of-date it is - it may take a minute or two (youā€™ll get notifications as it updates the skills in real time).

1 Like

That was my experience with the tier 5 one also. I wish they would reduce the number of swarm drones, so you donā€™t have to spend the majority of time in the first room to to shoot down the 4 gajillion frigates drones.

1 Like

I also found a viable way to reduce the risk of dying in tier5 to any combination of rats(wonā€™t disclose it tho)

Getting through the rats in time is my concern

1 Like

Smartbombs?

Would you have enough spare capacitor to run smartbombs with all the neuts? Maybe the Trig cruiser could pull it off.

the trig cruiser is a huge disapointment both in resistances and optimal weapon range spool up time and powergrid itā€™s just not a strong ship.

I asume the tight fitting was meant to encourage a different style of gameplay than what weā€™re used to perhaps it is meant to force gameplay in groups relying on multiple of these ships using remote reps instead of dedicated logies

2 Likes

it is just a faction cruiser though so doesnā€™t have the t2 resist profile. i agree about the remote rep. i can see the battleship being used in incursions a lot. but the frig and cruiser arent so viable

the frig could have a place in fw but ppl will just avoid them eventualy the battleship could have uses in wh space too weā€™ll see as time passes the cruiser thoā€¦ded sites maybeee prob not