Advanced Audio - Feedback/Feature requests

Keep alive bump

BUMP

CCP Baldar… Can we please some comments regarding potential expansion of the audio options?

1 Like

Or at least an explanation of why the inactive client audio options have more options than the advanced audio options. It is non-sensible that these allow for so much control, whereas one of the best features they ever made for this game was considered too hard to upkeep for the group that used them.

Now that CCP has been bought by another company and their internal numbers are, as stated in the AMA, looking really good right now, maybe they can put resources back into this area of the game. Or is that a pipe-dream at this point?

At the very least, there are certain effects that should be given their own sound sliders, like “structure audio” and “map and tool ambiance”. The drone of Keepstars is ear-splitting and the map, exploration scanner, and ship tree ambient noise is grinding. The grouping needs to be looked at again and I think the addition of these two options would suffice, at least for me.

This is among the worst development choices ever made in this game for me. Sound is important, and the sound in EVE can be really good, but the default mix and the poor controls we are given make it hard to accomplish. Among my favorite things to do, when this was first implemented, was to listen to the sounds of the universe while exploring, and the wonderful “silence” of holding your ship still in Wormholes and the like. I can’t do this any longer and it is something I miss dearly.

1 Like

The audio back end just got updated in today’s patch so they’ve probably been busy working on integrating it into the client. Can’t comment cause I dont know, but I assume their workload is pretty heavy.

Agreed I’m still not loving the lack of options and I am constantly trying to find the right balance for some options to minimize client settings. Ship effects, ambiance settings etc still need seperation. Same for wormholes vs gates, as I’ve said in various threads.

it would be awesome to get some updates on this issue.

I’m going to keep this thread going so it doesn’t get autoclosed by the forums software in the hopes something will come out soon™

Keep alive bump

Any updates?

I just assume at this point that I still can’t turn off crimewatch buzzers without turning off all UI sounds. This has to be one of the most puzzling things I have ever seen a game developer do.

If you ever do decide to make this playable for me again, make sure to post something here. I don’t bother updating the client or reading and notes / news about the game anymore.

No changes have been seen for a while on this… What if you turn down the warning notifications? I don’t recall if those are linked.

CCP Baldar, Can we please have an update on this? Lots of feedback has been provided and we’d love some controls restored. if possible.

The crimewatch noise can’t be changed without using the “UI” slider, if you do that you also effect the ship HP warnings. I can not play without them, and I can not play with the yellow crimewatch buzzer going off every time the thing resets.

I tried it without the UI sound and without any sound, like some friends ingame suggested back when I still played, I just can’t play this game without sound.

Can we please have some modification of the lock sound? I currently have it maxed through the UI sounds but I’d love it’s own slider or assigned to something aside from the UI sound level.

Keep alive bump.

Can someone please provide us with any updates on this matter?

since feb patch, Aura has stoped reminding me that she can not set a waypoint to the same location twice. Is that intended?

I’ve had that before where aura just stops doing anything. It might be a corrupt file in cache.

Try running the file verification in the launcher to see if it finds something.

Is anyone else having issues where the Eve audio is playing at like 10% of the system audio? I’ve maxed out the volumes in my clients, double checked that the audio was 100% in the system sound mixer, and I still can’t get the audio to come up to be anywhere near the rest of the applications. I’ve almost lost two ships now because I couldn’t hear my warning tones.

I’d put that in General Feedback thread and submit a bug report if all your OS settings are normal.

This thread was only really opened for the advanced audio menu change feedback/suggestions.

Updated to a 64 bit client, still can’t find the time to make some minor changes to the audio options so I can play.

I did not know Eve had sounds. Is it working properly?

Keep alive bump.

Aura no longer informs us if we have set the same wayoint twice.

Keep alive bump

She still does it for me. Might be some corruption in the source audio files. I’ve had it before. Just run the verification tool and it might find a problem