Allow Capital Ships, Supercarriers, and Titans in Highsec

Well that’s certainly a stupid comparison. Monopolies are broken up in the real world because in the real world we care about people suffering.

So you don’t care about players suffering and having a bad time in this game? Lovely.

Nope. Again, this is EVE, a game where a fundamental part of its design is that not everyone gets to win. That’s why success actually means something, unlike in all of your favorite menial farming games.

And this is why I don’t want Titans and Supers in hisec. To kill Titans and Supers, you basically need Titans and Supers. It would reduce all of hisec to Supercaps online, that that would be a horrible state of affairs.

Firstly, concord will be in effect, you can use supers and titans safely in highsec. Secondly I’m a fan of highsec being able to slowly gain resources and construct supercarriers and titans, so that when they are ready, they can fleet up and fly down to nullsec to invade, like the game is designed. Right now nullsec cannot be invaded because you cannot get the firepower to invade, hence stagnation in the sandbox.

Which is exactly the problem! And we know this is why you want them, capital HP makes them effectively impossible to suicide gank so you can complete your ability to opt out of PvP and remove all threats to your farming.

Secondly I’m a fan of highsec being able to slowly gain resources and construct supercarriers and titans, so that when they are ready, they can fleet up and fly down to nullsec to invade, like the game is designed. Right now nullsec cannot be invaded because you cannot get the firepower to invade, hence stagnation in the sandbox.

Why do you keep assuming this weird rivalry between highsec vs. nullsec? You do understand that each of those regions is composed of many different player groups, quite a few of which hate each other, right? Or are you delusional enough to think that your newbie scamming corp actually represents all of highsec in a united force opposing nullsec?

1 Like

This only supports my position.

So, you genuinely believe that a bunch of random, small corporations and independent players will all team up and match the numbers, coordination, and experience of, say, CONDI if only they could easily build capital ships in hisec?

This notion is laughable.

Why?

Because guess who else would be building capital ships in hisec? The very nullsec blocs you’re so keen to overthrow. Do you really think that they would just sit back and let an invasion of capital ships come at them from hisec? No. They’ll wardec the corps that they can to destroy them before they can rally, they’ll infiltrate the corps they can’t wardec to track their movements and interdict them, and they’ll suck up as many resources and production slots as they can to further bolster their own capital fleets because why risk producing in nullsec, right?

Not to mention, in order to build Titans and Supers, you require sovereignty. Are you just going to waive that requirement too? Because if that’s the case, you’re going to have to make Titans and Supers able to dock outside of Keepstars, and that is a whole new level of overpowered.

The nullsec blocs aren’t only immensely powerful because they have large fleets of capital ships. They are immensely powerful because they are driven, organized, and generally don’t sit idly by while a potential threat is building against them. Capital fleets are just one of their many tools of choice. An outsized, overpowered one that is in desperate need of balancing I will grant you, but not their only one.

You are looking for a way to knock the nullsec blocs down a peg. I get that.

What you are proposing is absolutely not a way to do it. It’s a way for them to exert their power over even more space.

3 Likes

So from what ive read you want to build supers in complete safety so you can have an arms race to be able to at some point simply throw enough titans and supers at null sec alliances to beat them, rather then build up your numbers, actually train your players how to fight, and simply use tactics, wit, and possibly numbers to defeat your opponent.
Is that about the best way to sum this up?

They’ll wardec the corps that they can to destroy them before they can rally, they’ll infiltrate the corps they can’t wardec to track their movements and interdict them, and they’ll suck up as many resources and production slots as they can to further bolster their own capital fleets because why risk producing in nullsec, right?

I’m for having the ability to build supers/titans in the NPC stations, preventing nullsec from being able to use wardecs to kill budding rivals. They can build them too, but eventually there will be so many supers/titans that nullsec will have threats from ambitious groups.

All of that is done in highsec. Tell me, how does an aspirant group get enough firepower to attack say goonswarm before they get their capital reserve murdered in their sotiyo construction yards? The monopolies need to be broken up, either directly by CCP, or by giving the players the tools to do it in the sandbox.

The real desire behind wanting caps and supers in hisec:

1 Like

No.

No no no no.

On the “No” scale of one to ten, this is somewhere upwards of a million.

Not being able to dock in NPC stations is one of the few things that keeps Titans and Supers in check. Removing that limit would remove any motivation from the game to fly anything other than them.

4 Likes

Which is the intention of this proposal.

If you want to break up null sec alliances then start off by training your corp mates to PvP, hiding in an undecable corp doesnt give them exposure to PvP, and given it sounds like you want to PvP at the largest scale of war, why stay undeccable. If you cant handle a few high sec wars then you will never be able to handle a full null sec invasion.

3 Likes

All he wants are the big ships with no risk…everything else is just manipulation…He’s a scammer and his whole corp is a scam…

1 Like

Did you see the part where his corp managed to get decced and his immediate response was to tell everyone to spam CCP with petitions, crying “EXPLOIT!!!”, and then telling people to stay docked up.

1 Like

Yes i did, ive also seen his orca fit fir not getting bumped and the reccomendation to get high grade snake implants for the fit.

Yeah, it’s pretty great. And for those that DIDN’T see that mail, here it is!

4 Likes

LOL

Sabus’ talk:

reality:

1 Like

He’s training them to be entitled assholes, that just what we need more of…

Probably because this strategy was effective in the past.

No.

No no no no.

On the “No” scale of one to ten, this is somewhere upwards of a million.

Not being able to dock in NPC stations is one of the few things that keeps Titans and Supers in check. Removing that limit would remove any motivation from the game to fly anything other than them.

Problem is nullsec has keepstars in plenty, some even have keepstars in every single system. Either remove them from the game, or allow the entire game to use them, and make them the endgame ship everyone wants to get into.