Alpha clone suicide ganking - plague of EVE

This is funny coming from one of the most well known griefers and gankers in the game @DrysonBennington

The more time I spend in Eve…the more I realise…

1. The ‘gank plague’ is vastly over-stated. The vast majority of systems have no gankers in them at all. And even the ganker hotspots like Uedama and Isanamo are safe most of the day…you just need to send a scout in advance to have a look.
  2. People ignore intel…and then wonder why they got ganked.
  3. People mine AFK, or right next to some asteroid belt landing point…and then wonder why they got ganked
7 Likes

What you’re describing is Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.

You need to watch Mad Max the Road Warrior. That’s the film Tutucox Khamsi is referring to and that’s the film that featured that kid.

4 Likes

Most of the ganker sitting in Forge, since most of PvErs and traders sitting also there.
Besides, all sisters lvl4 agent sys is under gank danger 24/7

Not according to zkill.

1 Like

3026d86ef3fac29e29bf73ed58f1ae3e

4 Likes

I do.

Although, the gankers are just one character on each of those accounts. The other characters do other things.

You see. Mr Raven 101 got hurt. His hard work saving up for that Hulk has been wasted. He wants to get back at the people who hurt him, and by extension, everyone who engages in that playstyle. Being a feeble carebear, he’s unable to do so on his own, so he’s petitioning a higher power to come and enact his spiteful revenge for him.

It is fair. A Hulk aligns in about 8 seconds. It would be exceedingly difficult to gank a Hulk if the player was …

… at the keyboard and paying attention. Literally, he could have defeated all 5 of those pilots simply by pressing “warp to 0” on any celestial.

People still PvP with Rifters?

Duh. It’s only fair when he’s winning! The only way he loses is if it’s “unfair”, “imbalanced”, and someone was “cheating”!

And for good reason.

You can only eat so much food.

But you can be very, very dead from starvation.

Anyway, I stopped reading this thread right about here. Good morning read.

6 Likes

Black Rebel Rifter Club!

1 Like

Can we get this thread merged into the mega cryfest thread now?

5 Likes

Why would you nerf the fun parts of the game (ganking) to benefit the most boring minigame, not only in EVE but probably in all of gaming (mining)? Seems completely backwards to me.

They should make ganking miners part of the tutorial

2 Likes

Last time I saw one of them he was in an A T R O N

Happy cake day!

Cake day?

Today was the day you signed up on EvE forums.

I suggested this, as part of a sincere effort to help new players, but @Mike_Azariah got all in a huff about “legitimizing” ganking and used his position as a CSM to push for a new player experience which utterly fails to teach new players. Sometimes people just can’t admit when they are wrong about something.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s sad that the anti-content crew is holding EVE’s potential down for years now.

you’re welcome

m

1 Like

Mike has just given up on being reasonable and just goes for full snark now.

Hopefully, with the shift to lowsec and faction warfare, CCP has finally realized that PvP is the only effective way to retain new players. All this handwringing over whiny newbro “griefing” has done nothing to increase the active playerbase.

2 Likes

Why then these “new players” didnt go to low/null, where is the most interesting PvP content?

There are many different interesting forms of PvP content. I think miner ganking could be one that is easily accessible to new players. It’s also one of the most fun activities in the game. Dunking miners just never gets old.

I wonder how long CCP can tank the player drain because of this constant fun content removal and pushing the boring parts. At some point they may have to reverse or maybe charge the miners even more for the sub.

Luckily as we learned from this thread, one can gank as an alpha just fine

1 Like