Alpha Suicide ganking

It’s the logical conclusion of the argument ‘if alphas do it, it costs nothing’.

The reality is that if an alpha is ganking it still costs all the materials it would as an omega, only the omega is more effective.

That’s the level of dishonesty we’re dealing with here.

You mean you don’t know why and you’re pigeonholing an argument to fit your version of events…

DPS-destroyers increased number of valid targets for isc-efficient suicide-ganking. I don’t speak about miners. I speak about mission-runners. They tend to overpimp there ships.

Miners are just easy targets. They tend to be AFK in one place for long time.

But again that was always the case. Theory craters figured out how to optimize these tasks over a decade ago now.

You making me feel old :slight_smile:

You’re arrogance is showing, Lugh.

Ganks happen to a lot more than just barges lol.

They happen all the time along trade routes, too, for example.

See the whole picture, please, not just your little slice of it.

train reading comprehension to at leas 3 and try again. Where did I say only barges?

Train ‘I’m a forum troll to 5 and…’ Oh wait. You already did.

‘I ran a mining corp and I never got ganked…’ Blah blah blah.

Your arrogance is showing.

yeah… but I also went on to explain its impact on hauling… and moving things around HS. So again I ask what aspect of ganking did I not cover and how was it only about mining barges?

You put forward inaccurate suppositions. Freighters and haulers can and do still get ganked because alpha damage ganking is a thing, and your supposition that every one is just running around with web alts assumes secondary accounts for every freighter pilot out there.

Last I checked, we wanted real players, not just web alts.

Lol, Lugh.

Gotta go do stuff now, but picking your points apart has been fun, as usual :slight_smile:

yeah… most do have a web alt but you uhhhh could also idk bring a friend? it can even be a friend in an alpha. you and one guy able to counter a fleet of gank DDs not sure how that is balanced against the freighter pilot.

oh god I didn’t even read that right do you mean there are ganks out there set up to alpha a freighter? or did you just mean fleets with enough damage made out of alpha pilots because one of those is a joke.

1 Like

Alpha damage can indeed kill industrials before they warp off. That’s the point of Alpha damage: high initial damage, not necessarily high dps, to kill a target before they can react by activating hardeners or burning back to gate.

By the way, I think this thread is about the Alpha clone status (versus Omega clone), not about Alpha damage (versus higher dps with smaller hits). Same word, different concept.

Sadly, the latter would be a more interesting discussion.

im more interested in finding out what freighter he saw killed by alpha damage.

I’m perfectly aware of what it’s about, but Lugh is doing his usual thing and splitting and splicing hairs and statements to try and prove his epeen. So, I’m laughing at him and mocking him the entire time because he’s doing his best to muddle legitimate conversation with BS forum trolling, as he always does :slight_smile:

ah yes… I made points as to the conversation and how alphas were not causing a problem when it came to suicide ganking and you came back with poetic

Nuh uhs

what usual thing? I haven’t even been playing for years up until about a weak ago. pretty sure i’v only even come across you once in the other thread were your contributions were

I think ____ therefore that’s how it is.

Show me a single nuh-uh.

I won’t wait because I’d suffocate on you trying to find one. Lol.

you didn’t actually give an example just said they existed then decided that because you don’t want to use a web they should be discounted.

because again I really want to see this kill mail of a freighter that was alphad

again not actually arguing against anything i said just saying it doesn’t count

so yeah. just really wordy nuh uhs

I always used web alts. Thanks for assuming and being wrong. As you often are. I also always took many other precautions to move stuff around, including JF’ing whenever possible.

But haulers absolutely do get volleyed just because they might have something in them. Even taking precautions, it happens eventually. Have I had it happen? Yes. Have I dodged quite a few, too? yes.

Your ‘Oh freighters getting alpha’d’ is another example of you twisting, splitting and splicing something so you feel smart. I know it’s the only way you can feel smart most days, but hey. I’d also be pretty curious what you’d call it when a bunch of torp bombers are used, fire a couple of shots, then all die. It’s certainly not sustained DPS ganking.

As for your accusing me of 'Nuh-uh’ing you with the mining corp… No, just laughing in your face at your ‘I ran a mining corp’ being your credentials lol. Still am laughing about that one.

You have a lot of experience in beating people with experience after dragging them down to your level of competency, I’ll give you that credit where it’s due lol.

ah ah, don’t change the post now good sir. you said Freighters not simply haulers.

a hauler is only getting alphad because its being piloted by a moron otherwise they shouldn’t even be getting locked in HS.

well no because in that same post I made a distinction between freighters and haulers and you attacked the argument I made about freighters not being alphad. you can’t just act like that wasn’t the case when you realised you screwed up.

yeah… why would spending large amounts of time teach new players and working with barges, haulers and freighters give me any idea on how easy it is to not be killed in HS…

I’m not changing the subject, just you doing to me what I did to you in the other thread with focusing on the part of your statement that was assumed. You know, the Elite Dangerous part?

Don’t like it when people do it to you? Don’t be a forum troll and do it to other people.

And no, not all haulers getting alpha’d is because of morons. A lot? yeah. All? No, you’ve played the game long enough to know that sometimes you lose the tick war, and that’s it.

For me to have screwed up, I’d have to give a crap about having the conversation with you and not just be using you as half an hour’s entertainment lol. Your words aren’t that important to me, nor the time you’re putting into typing them.

As for your ‘I help the newbies so I am knowledgeable’ comment… most your suggestions are directly anti newbie. Web alts are not a solution for newbies, for one example.

Here’s the funny thing. I reckon we’d agree on quite a few things if you’d stop trying to nitpick for your internet points. But, seeing that that’s what we’re doing, I’m gonna do it right back, and laugh :slight_smile: