An Invite to CODE

Aiko is a strong drug Frosty, not so easy to give up.

The average newbro is maybe making 4m ISK an hour in a Venture. Heā€™d have to mine 24/7 for 10 days non stopā€¦without sleepā€¦to make 1bn ISK. Phew ! Orā€¦he could just open his wallet and have 1bn ISK for a mere Ā£8.

Oh no! You figured it out!

CCPā€™s nefarious plan to part players from their cash!

Itā€™s really no different to ā€˜campingā€™ in other MMOs. For example there are MMOs where you get paid ( often a pittance of in-game money ) to camp at a particular site. That increases the player count for that site which in turn attracts peopleā€¦which is why the camping exists. Player gets their pittance to spend in-game.

Mining is just glorified camping of the same sort. It increases concurrency to have lots of miners sitting there for hours and makes the game look more ā€˜activeā€™. CCPā€™s innovation was to make this an essential part of the in-game industry. Quite clever reallyā€¦but camping all the same.

Iā€™ve never heard of this particular type of camping. What games do this? Iā€™m not clear on the particulars. Do you have a link so I may learn more about it?

Mining is not glorified camping, because in real life, mining is essential to the foundation of maintaining society, just like the process is essential in Eve Online.

1 Like

Except, it isnā€™t real life. Itā€™s a video game.

Itā€™s very common among freebie players in places like Second Life. Shops in that MMO offer free in-game money for people to ā€˜campā€™ there. A certain amount if you stay in that shop for 15 mins or something. That increases the traffic stats and raises the position of that shop in the ā€˜searchā€™ function. Freebie player gets a bit of in-game moneyā€¦which he will likely spend in that very shop.

This is where the word ā€˜campingā€™ actually comes from. Its purpose in that context is to increase the apparent ā€˜trafficā€™ of an areaā€¦make it look more busy than it would otherwise be.

So you can see why I think mining has shades of the same thing.

1 Like

Thatā€™s all sorts of shady.

I can see those ā€œbuy backā€ scam corps making use of that.

1 hour at minimum wage.

But then , miners have no problem mindlessly looking at rocks all day, so not an issue.

Look, all that nonsense needs to stopā€¦. :cry:

Iā€™m all out of that special stuff and going through a dry spell.

Perhaps @Uriel_the_Flame could fill in the details.

:joy::joy::joy:

That Pilot was a falsit!
James left his flock of small minded wannabe gankers!

Frostpacker spits on his grave!

Frosty sweetie , your mind and mood changes like the weather?

Now donā€™t try to play the morale highground after what you did to your family Frosty

1 Like

The only reason I had shot Jody that day was due to her not wanting to wait the 2minute self destruct timer.

1 Like

Donā€™t play coy with me fluffyā€¦

Stuffs? I can haz?

Only if youā€™re Akioā€™s alt

Does he look like a princess?

He doesnā€™t even know how to spell my name.