Everyone knows that Gankers are the lowest type of Capsuleer in New Eden. Their destructive threats reign terror across all High Sec routes of trade. But no longer. Thanks to the brilliant tactic of Pipe Bombing developed by Rooks and Kings I have been able to adapt the tactic for High Sec use against CODE and any other large scale ganking operation.
For starters when you exit a station you have a :30 invulnerability timer that remains active as long as you don’t move your ship around.
Secondly during the :30 second invulnerability timer you can insta-warp away from the station in a direct line with the path that the ship is taking during the invulnerability timer as long as you don’t move your ship around once again.
Insta-warp allows CODE to undock from a station and warp away safely to their gank points once they have landed at their insta-warp exit point.
Using a very fast interceptor Pipe Bomb Content Creation points can be created in the same manner that CODE creates its insta-warp station points.
- Fit up a very fast interceptor or frigate.
- Exit the station and turn on the MWD.
- Burn away from the station in a line of direction the same as the exit direction of the ship during the invulnerability. Remember don’t move your ship or the Pipe Bomb conduit will fail and you will have to start all over again.
- Set the fleets at the insta-warp bookmark ranging from frigates to battleships fit with the correct smart bombs based on the lowest resistances for shields and armor that CODE or the ganker fleet is flying. Fit Three smart bombs for shield and four for armor. The central Pipe Bomber will need to fit a personal shield repairer instead of a remote repper to ensure they survive the Pipe Bomb. Fit resistance modules and rigs to counter the damage that your ship will take based on the Smart Bombs that you have fit.
The Pipe Bombers orbiting the central Pipe Bomber Ships should also fit one Ancillary Shield Repairer in the empty slot and then chain remote repair each other. A dedicated shield repair ship would keep the central Pipe Bomber repped as well to complete the Death Blossom effect of the Pipe Bomb.
5. Set book marks at 2,000, 4,000, 6,000 and 8,000 km away from the station on the insta-warp direction of travel.
6. If fleet warp is used by the ganker fleet they will insta-warp away from the station in basically the same pattern that they left the station in and will then slowly blossom outwards when they finally land. Therefore each staging point in the Pipe Bomb conduit has to increase in size as well taking into account the blossoming of the ganker fleet. Otherwise some of the ganker ships might escape.
Frigates and destroyers will need to hold a close formation to the central Pipe Bomber location of 1,000 m from the Pipe Bomber sitting on the book mark location. At 1,000 meters the effective distance from of the Pipe Bombs interior blossom is 500 meters bleed off in damage surrounding the central Pipe Bomber all sides. The central Pipe Bomber bleeds off damage at 500 meters on all sides of the surrounding outside Pipe Bombers. This creates a zone of potentially 5x the amount of damage to the gank ship passing through the Pipe Bomb at the center or near the center and at least a minimal amount of 1x of damage if the gank ship is Pipe Bombed by an outside Pipe Bomber.
The larger the area effect of the smart bomb determines the overall size of the blossom. A general rule to overlap the smart bomb damage with the central Pipe Bomber by 500 meters.
Being in a fleet will keep the conduit from being CONCORDED due to smart bombing the other members in the fleet.
One drawback is that CODE will use scout ships that have good standings to try and trigger the Pipe Bomb by warping the scout on the same insta-warp path that they use or even warp a Neutral with the fleet hoping to aggro from CONCORD as a result of a Neutral being smart bombed. A scout for the fleet will need to position itself near the station and relay to the Pipe Bomb Fleet if an advanced scout is flying ahead of the gank fleet or with the gank fleet.
Once determined who the scout ship is the scout ship should be branded with Light Blue standing in order to make it stand out from the gank fleet that should already be set -10 RID “Red is Dead”.
Since the frigates, destroyers and cruisers are going to most likely gain CONCORD aggro its best to fit the Pipe Bombers are cheaply as possible.
To keep CODE from probing down the Pipe Comb Content points and sending in Neutral to camp them, battleships and battle cruisers could fit cloaking devices to mask their presence only de-cloaking once CODE begins to un-dock and align for their attack run.
Another drawback is that CODE could use the same tactic to try and smart bomb haulers and other ships traveling from one gate to the next by sitting at the exit point of the warp and then smart bombing.
This is extreme anti-ganking and would require the use of alts to ensure your main character did not suffer standing losses.
Rest in peace CODE.