An Invite to CODE

Test again. In very rare instances I found that the fitting window doesn’t update damage values (with overheating) properly when toggling between simulation and regular modes. You should see a 12.5% differential like in the screenshots above.

Well, here it is, even after several toggles, etc, etc…

Weeeeeeird. Here’s what I get emulating your setup (3x T2 damage mods, 1x T2 damage rig):

As you can see, it’s still exactly a 12.5% DPS difference.

Gotta be overlooking something. You sure you’re testing on a character with level 5 skill? Looking at your ship stats, some of the stats seem to be a bit too low, like level 3-4 skills for skills you should have at 5 at this point (e.g. PG management, hull upgrades, navigation).

Bro, CODE. disbanded over two years ago.

:spiral_calendar:

1 Like

Yes…level V. The blurb says the skill that makes the 50% difference overall is Small Hybrid Turret and I have that at level V. Reducing it all down to just one turret with no overheat or magnetic stabilisers what I actually get is a 30% difference. I’m basically being cheated out of 2 skill levels somewhere along the line.

But then, if that is the case ( given that one gets a 5% bonus for each Small Hybrid Turret level even with the Standard Cat ) then my ‘true’ DPS even for the standard Catalyst should be 832…which means the Navy Cat should be 936 DPS.

The ship skill doesn’t affect the turret skill, it’s just a flat multiplier based on the destroyer skill level. So if your Gallente Destroyer skill is at level 3, that would explain the difference.

If you’re comparing using a character with Gallente Destroyer at level 5, I honestly don’t know what else could be causing this, because everything else should be a constant if you’re making the comparison on the same character, sorry. I’m not doubting you, but if you can confirm that Gallente Destroyer is level 5, we can rule that out, and then this would become a mystery for the ages.

Oh…well in that case it is really badly presented on that Traits display, as it gives the impression that the bonus is for Small Hybrid Turret, rather than it actually being for Gallente Destroyer. Which I do indeed have at level 3 as nothing gave any indication that increasing it higher makes a difference as Gallente Destroyer appears nowhere in the ‘Mastery’ table for a Gallente Destroyer ! Well done CCP.

But its nice to know that in just 7 days my standard Catalyst will be 832 DPS rather than 755.

Well…glad I found this out now rather than leaving it 10 years or so…lol. But I do blame CCP for the skills queue being so badly explained.

2 Likes

Poor bugger is suffering from PTSD, living in constant fear of the CODE boogeyman.

Yup, which is why it was my first guess for the cause of the discrepancy.

Just to reiterate, the skill won’t boost the damage of the regular Catalyst, just the Navy version:

The regular version doesn’t get a damage increase as one of the traits. But it’s still a necessary skill to have if you’re planning to use any of the other Gallente destroyer hulls like the Hecate.

Indeed…and I wonder how many other noobs leave their ships at level 3 under the ( false ) impression that going higher doesn’t make any difference to DPS as there really isn’t anything glaringly pointing out that it does. Anyway, I now have a nice little present of 4 ships that will all receive 10% increase in DPS within a few days.

Really…on the ‘Information’ page that you show, it should have ‘Gallente Destroyer’ highlighted as a relevant skill as well as the Small Hybrid Turret…in the same way the turret skill can be clicked on. It gives the impression that ‘per skill level’ applies to the skills listed after the colon. The impression that page gives is that the relevant skill is Small Hybrid Turret…when in fact the far larger portion comes from the Destroyer skill.

We all learn something new every day. Even now I still learn things. Like a few days ago, I learned that salvage drones won’t salvage a T2 wreck until a certain skill level (IV), after having an alt sitting there for like 4 hours. It doesn’t give a message that it’s too difficult to salvage, so I thought I just had a very low chance and kept striking out, but no, I was missing a skill level and basically wasting my time.

1 Like

What type of DPS can you get from a CNI with max skills + top level implants for damage, the best guns, best tracking computers and the best Mag Stabs?

Officer damage mods (look at price).

This clone doesn’t have damage implants, but you can multiply by 1.06 twice to get the final maximum value of 1,121.69 overheated DPS.

The Eris and Hecate both have higher damage ceilings anyway.

1 Like

The single biggest problem with Eve is that often the omission of a single piece of knowledge…even if one knows all the other components…can make a big difference. I blame Donald Rumsfeld and his ‘unknown unknowns’ :slight_smile:

Waste of time arguing with @Destiny_Corrupted , she is a walking spreadsheet.

1 Like

The Prophet has said those not active on the battlefield, do not matter in the slightest.

You carry your shame with you always. All know it. I can only hope your next clone batch goes wrong.

The Prophet laughs at this statement. You caper and perform for those very scumbags you claim to fight.

The call is coming from inside the station.

Your defense and worship of this filth is your shame to bear. Indeed, a police force is more often more corrupt than those it claims to police.

3 Likes

They’re not really a police force anyway. They haven’t been deputized by any standing government to perform police duties in their space. So they’re just a bunch of vigilantes, really. And in most places, vigilantism is considered the same as crime.

1 Like

Did you factor in ammo type, rate of fire and tracking speed to the top, 1% damage possible?

Next time I have a math problem, I will probably not ask you for help. No offense.

1 Like

I suspect it’s potentially criminals that think that about vigilantism and there opinion we care little.