An Open Letter to CCP from Current and Former CSM Members on the "Prospector Pack"

I don’t care what the forum is…

When I see: ‘An open letter…’

First I vomit, then I laugh.

Then I cry.

1 Like

Does anyone ever write a closed letter?

1 Like

When can we pay CCP to be able to move our in-game fitted ships into the launcher redeem queue? That way we can move them around with zero risk. It would be a great synergistic feature to go along with clone jumping!

1 Like

When will we be able to stargate jump Athanor’s?

Who will be the first to jump their Athanor to every system in New Eden?

1 Like

Katia Sae?

1 Like

She’s retired.

1 Like

I have not been a fan of the fact Brisk pulls out a legal threat to win arguments. I know of powerful lawyers who would never do that. But he is on to something this time. With the Ukraine donation initiative, it is obvious to everyone now that

destruction = money

for ccp. That is the business model. This is also why destruction comes before production in their reports. Destruction of your in game intangible asset is money they can release from hold in to general revenue. If they can sell the ships directly it streamlines the process from customer money > intangible in game asset > to destruction funds.

There is already lots of money to be made in this game, for instance the way that high sec structures are basically pinata’s where ccp is the clear winner. They seed the cores and 100% destruction of structure. Honestly I don’t know why they don’t add a self destruct button to structures that would likely be used a lot and gives ccp the greatest profit.

But yes, they already have things in game that are pure profit, this just feels like a kick in the ass to players. As if we are not already kicked enough by the games design to accelerate destruction.

No kidding? Have you finally figured out why ganking is allowed?

1 Like

I think you skipped a step.

Destruction = Fun
Fun = Money

But your conclusion is correct.

I think it would be interesting to add in more skins that completely change the way a mining barge looks.

“ie, a barge in the shape of a Space Dragon”

Ya, they noticed your ganking of these ships and decided to make a quick buck.

Nobly pushing the envelope once again.

1 Like

First a big thank you to @Brisc_Rubal for posting this letter. Although we may disagree with the way to handle CCP, I do appreciate your work and you and the rest of the CSM standing for us, the every day players.

Now with that said, let me jump into the fray and say that p2w and the whole monetization we have seen for the past few years, especially since PA bought CCP is an absolutely awful decision. But when talking about CCP making bad decisions, I think we need to get back as far back as the blackout debacle…Because in recent memory, that is when in my opinion, CCP as a company and EVE as a game started to go down the tube (to be polite)…And if it werent for the players complaining and forcing CCP to remove the blackout, the game would be dead by now…And then they followed that by some stupid scarcity with no sense and no head…And now this crap…

Let me finish this post, by reposting my exact comment from reddit

@CCP_Aurora @CCP_Convict @CCP_Hellmar
How many times have we all told you to stop screwing with the game and to simply fix your servers? we did so during the blackout, we did during the past year of crappy updates and now this? As I have said it multiple times during the blackout, you all must be smoking something…

You want to update the game? Please listen to what we the players want in the game!!! Simple as that

1 Like

Let’s reconfigure the New Player Experience to involve frequent calls to pull out their credit card and pay us for in-game stuff. That ought to get us exactly the type of player we are looking for.

4 Likes

Makes sense why they keep re-doing it then, finding more ways to place adverts.

Because in 2015 we havent expert systems. But in 2015 you can buy this pack how many times you want.

Ooh, do the it will kill them as well clip!
I feel that is equally appropriate.

I think most people are sensible enough to try out the free version for a few days or weeks to see if they even like the game. I signed up for Omega about 2 weeks after joining…so I liked the game. I’d never sign up to pay for anything I had not first tried out, and no way would I start any game with some paid for package…even if it was some special deal…and I’d hope that applies for any sensible person.

LOL you keep trying so hard. Its cute.

1 Like