An open letter to CCP

You can create a manual filter in your inventory that will hide all station containers.

1 Like

:exploding_head:

I am neither a fan of the red dot nor a hater. For the longest time I could not even figure out what the offhand “red dot” comments all over the forum were even about.

But if anyone wants CCP to move I am positive you will get more bees with honey than with vinegar. Complaining even after they fix something will only ensure more of the same, or worse.

So taking my own advice, thanks in advance for closing this thread for random reasons I can only guess at. Good job! :+1:

@Brisc_Rubal Thank you, sir, for championing this. A man of your word !!

Dear CCP, I hate to bring this to you, but … you missed a spot, erm, (red) dot :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
missedadot
Technically not an “inventory” position but still red, round, spotty and loud.

But what am I complaining. We’ve been liberated !!
tumblr_p2gdhx5P511uv526yo4_500

2 Likes

Dot8

sweet.

1 Like

Or the time it took to get a character select logout option.

Welcome. :slight_smile:

Are Ya on the Tinder Sirr?

Nope, I’m married.

I find the red dot very useful for finding an item.

1 Like

I don’t mind the red dot. I find it useful ./shrug

Yeah that is wrong. P2W also means that you can skip ahead in progression, cut down on timers and various other things that put you at and advantage over a similar player that doesn’t have creditcard assistance to play the game. A game that wants to seriously stay away from such things sells vanity items only.

I mean even CCP themselves prided themselves at one point in history how they will not make EVE P2W and only exclusively sell vanity items, before they then changed their mind and started to literally sell essential items like extractors on the shop.

But it is also true that no matter what game companies sell in their cash shop and no matter how intrusive and game loop diluting the items they sell are, there will always be a the fanboy in the forums that says “but you can’t literally win!!”

Don’t be that guy

But “YEAH!! red dot gone… only took them years of constant moaning of the majority of the community to add a simple switch. Good on you CCP”

Yeah…

I never had an issue with people paying to get ahead if I could get to the same point just using game mechanics. My issue with P2W has always been about… player can get X for X USD where there is no other way to get it for other players without also paying USD.

I mean. A player that uses USD to buy plex and then buy skill injectors is no different from my ass using 100bill or 500bil isk I made in the game to inject the perfect subcap PVP character. The person uses his disposable income to get ahead, I use game knowledge and ingame wealth to get ahead. When I realize my alts need zarms… no worries… click click isk spend and skills injected… perfect zarm pilots

My problem with that line of argument is that this will lead to game developers eventually implementing new systems with that in mind. So they add intentional grind and barriers unless you pay. The whole design aspect of the game will shift from “create a fun game” to “make stuff annoying to make them pay”.

For example the problem of “catching up” that is always used to justify this monetization efforts. If it was actually about new players they could as well just add the core skills everyone has to train unlockable by gameplay instead of just the passive skill training and - this is the kicker - expecting new players to invest hundreds of dollars to “catch up just a little”. How is that the default?

Yes, because you earned it, because you are good at the game. It’s extremely hard to master EVE to a level where you can casually throw around those sums of ISK. It should be worth something. Others just flexing the credit card and then suddenly having the same amount of resources is in my opinion seriously diluting the game and the achievements individual players accomplish within it.

1 Like

And you are absolutely right in thinking the way you do.

I think my problem is… it is a game. So I don’t really invest or care enough unless I stop having fun.

The day that happens I will just leave and do something else. But I fully support your point as well.

Hence why I do not play the new AssAssIns game…

1 Like

That’s why I like the toggle idea. People who like it can use it. People who, like me, find it annoying as hell to have it light up because I left my ship so I could jump clone somewhere, can turn it off. Everyone can choose the setting that makes them happiest.

Yay CCP.
Yay.

Yet if you do not reward what good one does, but then condemn them always for any and all bad regardless of what they do to combat that bad, what point is there then in them doing any good?

Let credit be due where credit is due.

Do you get rewarded for fixing mistakes you have made?

Of course, otherwise why fix them? Is there no concept of redemption in your mind?

To avoid punishment?

A person must redeem themselves. If you feck up in work, you dont get rewarded for fixing your mistake beyond not being fired and continuing to be paid.