And the most ugly ship in EVE is

Could have made a better Rupture (Mimmatar tire 4 cruiser).

1 Like

A silly quirky artsy-fartsy graphics experiment that’s always been full of phail on its best day. If old school CCP really wanted to make asymmetric ships go someplace, they would have done themselves a huge favor by turning out at least one decent initial effort designed as a proof of concept that asmymmetricism could be appealing and interesting. Instead, we got the likes of this:

It’s safe to say that if the topic at hand was “And the Most Appealing Ship in EVE Is”, there wouldn’t be one single asymmetric choice.

the moa, whoops, just a reflex :smiley:

I’m told my love of the Typhoon is irrational. I’m told it looks like a trash can. I personally find it beautiful. And knowing Minmatar design philosophy, it’s really more of a recycling bin. How long til we get a recycling bin skin for the Typhoon?

1 Like

Cmon, no one nominated the Cyclone yet?

1 Like

Cyclone looks badass, man. If I didn’t love the 'cane hull I’d miss how my sleipnir used to look even more; “Trainwreck” is no longer an applicable name for the hull.

Old moa was ugly as hell. The Osprey is still disgusting. The helios is a lot better than the imicus, but that is just because the cloak functions as a headbag.

3 Likes

Speaking as someone who has done symmetrical 3D skinning - it isn’t that hard. The assymetrical is much more difficult.

So I’m not sure why the Punisher and Tormentor have crooked teeth.

I don’t like the Atron or the Merlin, that’s about it. It’s a personal taste thing.

Asymmetry is very stylish, so I don’t mind that.

Have you seen the Bellicose? Ugly AF

Also, stay TF away from my Rokh!

1 Like

It’s not bad, it just needs a good gunmetal SKIN.

–Gadget was trained on the Bellicose MG

So CCP art team says they completed Badger redesign, Navitas redesign was also shown to CSM, Osprey is in process of redesign too as CCP BunnyVirus was working on it. Everything is in Winter CSM Minutes, but without images.

2 Likes

Seems the OP forgot to include Minmatar ships in the list.

Minmatar have some of the ugliest ships ever to fly the space lanes.

Amaarian lies.

Minmatar ships are great looking, even painted in the greatest of colors. Who wants shiny golden ships shaped like phallic symbols or ships designed with a straight edge ruler. When you can have ships that are form and function.

In the patron saint of patina we trust.

3 Likes

It’s all in the eye of the beholder, I guess. Minmatar ships just don’t care about looks, it’s all about producing another working ship. Some are ugly, but many do have a sort of honest appeal in their brutal functionality. They really look like ships made by people with limited resources who need something on the line NOW.

Amarrians like their shiny phallos symbols because they represent the power and virility of the Emperor, may he always have more bling than anyone else. Caldari see the grey straight lines of their ships as a symbol of the perfect order in their society, or something? Gallente ships, no idea here what they symbolize…

One thing that’s missing is that a shiny golden phallos probably should cost a lot more, and take longer to build, than a heap of steel bars with some engines and guns bolted on. But that’s a different discussion. :wink:

The old Moa and Scorpion models were horrible. Glad they wer fixed.
For me, right now the ugliest is the Cynabal. I’ve never been able to erase from my head the ship looks like a tadpole.

1 Like

Anything minmatar, except the hurricane.

2 Likes

Stabber, Thrasher, and the Talwar are damned good looking ships.

I’m fond of my little Talwar.
Reminds me of an ironclad and a knife at the same time.

Ah, Minmatar - subtle as ever…

–Armorer Gadget

1 Like

The dinosaur with a suitcase!!!
I miss that model

Blobship.

Many of the Gallente ships have been designed by an artist*. It’s then up to the engineers to make something that will work.

*the artist may not have been sane nor sober nor in his/her own mind at the time.

P.S. I like nearly all the Minmatar ships.