Announcement: Shrine to a Caldari Hero Operational

Thats a negative.

2 Likes

He’s a capsuleer indeed. And that means he doesn’t really need notoriety or oxygen. He has other means of getting followers. And it being: capsuleer money.

Imagine just a middle class capsuleer (just a regular pilot with ability to fly good ships), “I don’t have money. Right. Do I need them? Well, let me work one day, I’ll bring 2 billions.”
How many years a middle class normal natural born human need to work for that? And if he’ll get these funds, that will be enough to live a whole life of filthy luxury and perverted hedonism without even thinking about work.

I have seen even CALDARI to suck to gallente wallet and betraying own homeland for that, serving as mercenaries or other personnel for their gallentean bosses. And if such filth and betrayal is possible, it means some minmatars can easily suck to Nauplius wallet, letting him to humiliate them, and singing dithyramb how they must be destroyed, dancing in chains for Nauplius.

And yet, I didn’t use the word ‘need’, did I? I used ‘crave’. Because that’s the cornerstone of his motivation: he’s hungry for attention, desperate for people to notice him. Because deep inside, he knows just exactly how pathetic and insignificant he is.

2 Likes

You tend to make too many assumptions about people.
I have no idea what does he have inside, maybe he dreams about plush fedos with long pink tentacles, flopping together in unison? That claim would have same value as yours.

That’s not an assumption. It’s an observation, based on data. Just like you can observe the natural world and come to understand chemistry or physics, if you observe a man, you can come to understand him. Napkins is a scared, lonely little man who tries to cover up his fear in grand gestures to his all-powerful god.

But an all-powerful god wouldn’t need grand gestures. An all-poweful god wouldn’t need anything we can give it: it’s all-powerful. It can have anything it wants just be deciding it has it.

An all-powerful god wouldn’t be so insecure as to demand big gestures. Worse, these gestures are claimed as ‘sacrifices’. But think about it, Diana. You know what it is to sacrifice. You sacrifice yourself to the service of the State every day. ‘Sacrifice’ means you’re giving up something you value. But he ‘sacrifices’ human beings that he claims are utterly without value except for killing them for his god.

So how is that a sacrifice? It’s not, obviously. It’s just a child, acting out to get attention. That’s it.

4 Likes

Nauplius. How rotty dare you. How DARE you.

You were raised Faithful, I know you were, no matter what you are now. You know what’s right, somewhere very very buried. And you know that means you need to PITY the unlit, and though their lot may be piteous, it is a sacred duty to cultivate them–not like annual plants, which live only to fruit, but as perennial blooms, each lovely flower of which grows from a root that can finally turn fully toward the light.

STOP. BEING. AWFUL. You’re the cluster’s best-known Khanid save the King himself and I won’t lie about how often I’ve cried heartfelt salt tears about that. And he’s not even blood-related, is he?

The Achura need the Light as much as the rest of the cluster. We know it! Help them, if that’s the way you’re called through all this awfulness. Don’t rotty murder them, oh my God, I mean, just…I don’t know. Try to help. And stop being awful.

7 Likes

Quite similar to what I told him here: Announcement: 50000 Slaves Sacrificed to God
But do you see the difference?
I don’t say what he thinks, what he wants, and so on. I am asking questions.

That only he knows, and nobody else.
I can only say what I do want… or ask him directly what he wants. And if his answer will be different from yours, I will tend to believe him, since a person knows about own desires way more than others about him.

Quite often, Diana, a person knows less about their own desires than observers do. We lie to ourselves. We rationalize. We justify things. Nobody wants to be wrong. Nobody believes they’re ‘wrong’. Even people who do evil find ways to believe they’re doing good—or they find ways to frame everyone else as ‘just as bad’.

We lie to ourselves. Our actions, though, tell observers far more than our words do. And this principle is well-understood in the State. Talk to any psychologist, trauma counselor, or sociologist on any of the stations or cits you dock at.

2 Likes

Nonsence.
For example, if you want to eat, you feel you are hungry and you know that you want to eat. You are weak if you start to eat whenever you want to eat. And you are strong if you don’t hurry to feed yourself whenever you want to eat, understanding that it can wait, and that you’ll eventually will need to eat something to survive.

But if you won’t know that you want to eat, that’s mental illness, and you’ll die from hunger.

And when you are strong, when you want to eat, but work disregarding that - only you know that you are hungry and nobody else who surrounds you (maybe only if your stomach will make a very awkward sound…)

Lie is a dishonor. Would it be to yourself or anyone else. Thus don’t speak for all of us.

And that’s good.

Negative on both.
Counter-example for first one:
Quite often I make very grimdark predictions and I so want to be wrong…
About second one: I often believe I might be wrong, so I try to verify my beliefs. I check what I know. I poke gallente to see if they will behave differently than what I would expect from them. I make mistakes and take wrong decisions. But, honestly, making a fast decision, even wrong one, is better than hesitating. With my type of work I just need to make fast decisions, realizing there’s high chance of them being wrong.

Evil and good things are relative. But there’s a good saying (and I think it perfectly describes gallenteans): the worst of evils in our world are made with good intentions.

No, Lady Qerl, you are wrong. God does not want the Achurans to be cultivated; he created them so that he would be glorified in their destruction. We are to follow the example of Sarth Jenneth, Caldari Hero, who destroyed the Achuranness in his life. Half-Achurans like Diana Kim and Aria Jenneth have but one hope: to suppress fully their Achuranness and become wholly Civire, for a righteous God will not allow a drop of Achuranness even in Upper Hell, the Hell of the Righteous Non-Chosen.

Well, Mr. Nauplius.

Then grab a knife and cut out that “Achuranness” out of me yourself, if you don’t like it so much. I can even offer you my knife.
But there’s a catch: I will hold the same knife as you.

1 Like

Sadly he has not just abandoned the path, he’s jumped off a bridge and is miles away from the path.
Not only has he abandoned all pretense’s of worshipping the True God, he’s also become delusional to think he is a prophet of his own “red god” which whispers these madnesses into his ear.
He does not preach the Light like you or I, only fire and death and sacrilege.

2 Likes

a0167eb

2 Likes

A bit new here, eh good father?

Whatever the specifics of his heresy, he is beyond redemption. Do as the rest of us have for years now and hunt his followers whilst praying not for his soul’s salvation, but its eternal destruction.

8 Likes

Indeed.
It appears I have been away from the Imperial Seat too long in Matari space and the lawless regions, for I have not heard this heresy before now.
Let us pray that is a testament to Nauplius’s ineptness at gaining followers.

1 Like

As far as I can gather, Father Ayin, it’s probably unique to him.

His bit about valuing “orthopraxy over orthodoxy” all but confirms it. He adapts his faith’s principles to fit his own circumstances kind of all the time. This must have been part of it for a while. We’ve seen signs of it before: his eagerness to get people to carry out his rituals, even without an ounce of belief. It’s okay with him, as long as others go through the motions, even if it’s out of an antithetical motive like protecting the same lives he destroys.

It’s probably been true from the start, without exception. He’s his own prophet, and his one true believer. Others have their own motives for cooperating.

He really is alone.

3 Likes

Yes, but what does an image of normal Amarr worship have to do with Napkins?

2 Likes

The late pilot Daisha accepted the True Faith in word and practice, and even now she is with God in Paradise.

My associate Pasiphae Metis was and is a sadist; however, being touched by the True Faith, she has learned to direct her gift of cruelty against those whom God has given over to destruction and only them.

You should really have one each.

5 Likes

I say make her go barehanded, have it be a bit more sporting.

3 Likes