Announcement: Shrine to a Caldari Hero Operational

Add a Citadel and fast tackle to the mix and you’ll find it’s a different matter. Especially since those Machariels are pretty consistently shitfit, and AC to boot. Versus coward ravens. Oh, and I did already advocate for a doctrine that does the job better. Rattlesnakes and Basilisks. Fully capable of fighting at long ranges, (just like the Artillery Machariels I also quite like with the right numbers), and made to hold a grid even when tackled to hell and back.

There’s no decent tackle in any of those battlereports, nor any of the several counters to Coward Ravens.

Still, that explains why there’s so much pearl clutching about criticism of the doctrine. It’s the favored of the locusts.

2 Likes

Izzat another capsuleer musical act? Loai Qerl and the Locusts, or something? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am NOT a locust. Locusts are absolutely giant bugs that eat everything and make noise, and I am not a giant bug.

3 Likes

I was just going for the alliteration.

1 Like

Miz, quit your bitching and do something useful for a change, like join the siege fleet.

5 Likes

And then you’ll come fleet with me afterwards, right? I’m pretty sure you’re aware they’re 90% war targets at this point. Perhaps we’ll fleet with Napkins after that? I think I’ve pretty much extended more than enough hospitality by putting him and any other blooder high enough on the priority chain that other WTs are non-targets when he’s on grid. I mean, PIE doesn’t reciprocate, as demonstrated a few times, but nonetheless.

3 Likes

Pretty sure the last time Miz or I offered to join we were turned away…

Her being told to form her own fleet and, me simply “no.”

1 Like

“The people shooting at the citadel are cowards”
“I’m not going to shoot at the citadel, because people might shoot at me!”

:thinking:

3 Likes

Little “might” about it. There’s already precedent. That’s not exactly a problem though, since that’s been the case since… well, pretty much always. The problem is that means I’d have to either shoot back or throw crew out the window, and neither option are particularly conducive to keeping my word. I don’t shoot SFRIM, PIE or whoever else is a wartarget while Napkins or others of his ilk are on grid. This is not reciprocated universally by any means.

2 Likes

Well, I’m sure that with objectively better and more capable, adaptable and worthwhile doctrines, you could destroy the citadel while simultaneously evading the attacker fleet.

2 Likes

ARC as a community includes pilots from all walks of life and all allegiances, to the point that our regular Hive operations will sometimes have multiple Ushra’khan pilots along. To that end, I doubt we’d refuse assistance from anyone legitimately wishing to assist on our operations.

That said, there are certain logistical pitfalls that arise when attempting a multi-organization offensive wardec, like suspect timers for cross-wardec repairs, and so on, which mean that until an organization hits a critical mass they end up putting themselves at greater risk than would be ideal.

After all, I like these things to be positively boring for all involved.

As many have realized, the only true way to defeat a hostile capsuleer is psychological.

11 Likes

And SFRIM is a member of this alliance? Treason. Indisputable treason.

I remember using Stabbers in 9-4 one time when we had Machs and Cormack TheGreat causing them to panic-boosh alot and they got slaughtered

1 Like

The so called Coward raven doctrine was very much created with the lack of pilot experience within the fleet in engagements of this time. It’s about as stupid proof as you can get for the lowest risk, given it’s a lot more insurable then the Rattlesnake is. Most members of SFRIM and plenty in ARC are not at all well versed in capsuleer to capsuleer engagement, let alone flying against a citadel with glorious High Security codes of combat to deal with in cross alliance support fleets. There’s logic and reason behind the decision that you nailed yourself earlier Mizhara, and this isn’t pearl clutching but brutal honesty as to why it’s used. There’s also the small issue of cross-alliance fleets in said high security to take into consideration.

Unless you really wanted lots of suspect timers and idiocy to take advantage of?

4 Likes

Why do you people continue to placate an opportunistic vulture and a man who thinks that God is with him despite routine failure…? Do you get some sort of satisfaction in explaining yourselves to a carbide wall…? If the capsuleers in this thread dedicated as much time and effort to worldly affairs as they did to trying to fruitlessly change the minds of fools, we may very well have more boring days indeed…

4 Likes

It’s a compulsion.

I have a real problem.

2 Likes

Evil must be resisted, into perpetitude.

There is no choice to be made in this situation. Anyone with a moral conscious must do what they feasibly can to stop these crimes, even if only temporarily.

8 Likes

End the wars. Build bridges. Figure out we are human and our duty is to fight inhunanity, together. You can be a monster at times but you are more concsious than many other such hateful creatures, meaning there is some hope yet for you. Fight the greatest evils first and work your way down. You can get to the sins of Amarr slavery later. We are your friends, not enemies, against this evil.

3 Likes

… yeah, I wouldn’t consider the clown a sufficient threat to anyone, to drop decs against those who demonstrably are threats to my people. Once the slave markets that feed the clown are dealt with, we can talk. Besides, I’ve already granted the concession that I stay all fire on you and yours when he’s on grid. Not reciprocated, of course, but hey. I suppose fighting the “greatest evils first” only applies to other people.

2 Likes

The Butcher is a more than credible threat to anyone in his clutches. Those he torments and murders are as much your people as the rest. You just delude yourself into thinking you can fry bigger fish than he, which you cannot.

You can’t do a thing against the Empire. You can against the Butcher. Admit that and help instead of pouting in thr corner throwing tantrums against problems that need to be solved with reason and not bullets. Take solace in that there is one problem you can fix with sensible violence right now.

4 Likes