Any theories on why so many people have quit over the last 2 years?

You’ve reached a new low with this post and have it backwards. in the past, the game was harder, but fairer for those who were able to deal with it. then more and more people whined about how unfair and hard it was, so CCP nerfed the game to make it easier, continuously, causing an imbalance leaning towards those who want it easier, demand content and attack the ever decreasing amount of people who actually provide action in highsec.

the situation we have now is the end result of making the game easier and easier, giving more and more room to those who need and demand it to be even easier. and you here, with your post, not only behave like a manchild (just like many manchilds in c&p who speak for ganking), you also completely ignore actual history of this game and how it developed to where we are now.

Relevant for recent history:

Also see a below post of mine, adding even more to it.

If you want to help raise the standards around here, then you need to begin identifying who the problem is and how to spot them.

hint: look at your own post.

if you need further help identifying them, i can show you threads with people posting exactly the way we, as community, need to discourage.

thank you for your attention.

3 Likes

I am not the problem, I am having a lot of fun and I am getting old players back into the game.

I cannot reply to your post in detail as I have to go out, but did you realise that my post was a parody of many above. The simple thing is that you have to change and find things that work for you which I have done multiple times when my gameplay got nerfed.

2 Likes

How people post is absolutely nothing to do with you or the community, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Your post is typical of a forum bully and you deserve blocking by everyone…

4 Likes

No, we need sentencing :

2 Likes

Burn out when it comes to the vets of the game, coupled with stagnation in 0,0 which takes away the “special thing” with this game.
Also, the game really isnt new player friendly, tho a lot more friendly when i started 13 years ago.

2 Likes

you’re not following … but as you are out of time, it’s to be expected. please don’t try to apply parody, it doesn’t work that way. you just create the same toxic environment like those you claim you’re making fun of. Poe’s Law is a thing for a reason. when it’s fun to behave like an immature manchild, then you’re still behaving like an immature manchild.

have a nice day, weekend! :slight_smile:

Being entitled to expressing an opinion (you’re not. it’s a priviledge!) does not mean you should feel free to behave like a manchild. when freedom of expression leads to idiocracy, then we all have a problem.

also, i hope you spot the irony behind your post. you completely fail at understanding what i talk about and then say people should block me, which is censorship on a social level. “block those you disagree with, for freedom of exlression. the evil bully!”

you’re just one more hypocrite showing totalitarian tendencies. vOv

Yet you’re the one encouraging the community to only support those who post in agreement, rather than anyone with an opposing view, as I said bullying, and you deserve to be ignored.

2 Likes

These forums are a toxic environment most of the time, it is as simple as that.

Eve has had balance issues, you make changes to balance and it upsets people, for example I used to gun mine in Stain and CCP massively nerfed the reprocessing rates, that screwed me over, followed up by removing the D-scan from Combat Recons, and yes I made my position clear and then dropped the game for a while. The entire reason I was in Stain was that the Dominion system of sov had made the game lop sided to benefit massive power blocks jumping from one end of the map to the other. Smaller alliances did not dare use their fun toys. They could attack when they wanted and often did in the TZ when the alliance they were attacking had no coverage.

So CCP made a change, they made the sov TZ related but with a spread based on ADM, it works, now perhaps it would be better to have something at the end to shoot, but it has set the scene for smaller groups. Furthermore they added fatigue and reduced range, that hurt me again in Stain, I found my logistics were too difficult, so got fed up waiting for suitable WH’s or having to use a single system with a kick out station for the JF. So I went to hisec waited for the sov system to work or not then joined an Au TZ alliance which best suited my game time.

The attacker has to form up in the defenders TZ, now recently my alliance went after Fraternity, they moved their timers so we could not attack them without staying up late at night, our objective was to punish them for attacking our Fortizr in MB, which we achieved. Have I got salty because they TZ tanked us, no, because other people could attack them and we had fun with some decent battles.

I have been in fights with some pretty damn good fleet compositions without it being ruined by bored PL players coming in with overwhelming force for example, in fact because of the current structure of sov we defeated PL, though I do recognise that had they brought their supers south we could have lost.

So a lot of people are moaning about the fact that they cannot attack people when they play, so if they cannot do it why do they expect the defender to defend when they attack. I accept that I have to look for content in my TZ.

The only thing that gets me is that the structures that are placed in sov space with TZ tanking, I would link the on-lining and initial two weeks to the defenders TZ.

Eve is absolutely great now for mid sized fleet combat, those not getting it need to move on and find what is currently great about this game. And I can tell you that using capitals now is so much better than it used to be.

EDIT: To say I have it backwards, I have seen too many past events when big alliances came in and stomped someones sov when they could not defend it at all as it was outside their TZ and then said arrogantly get better at Eve, well now the attacker has to do that and many of them don’t like it. The issue is that I have been playing since 2009, while I did not actually get involved in the POS based sov combat I was around enough to understand it. Dominion ruined the game, as did the Tech imbalance, and making mining ships so easy to destroy with a single destroyer. I want to play a hard game that is tough in all areas, not something that people can pretend to be hard core when they are not…

2 Likes

I guess get a team and defend in the timezone where you have the time to game. unless you are time-rich (like not having a job) then it doesn’t matter when you have to wake up for the game(and actually acquired a fun non paying job called EVE Online).

1 Like

This. After being told multiple times this game isn’t for me, go back to WOW, and countless other rhetoric I finally conceded and unsubbed.

I’m not interested in ganking. And I’m not interested in being ganked. And if you don’t fall into either of these categories you will slowly be driven out by zealots.

Too bad because I really liked Eve.

9 Likes

I encourage logic and reasoning. You ignore that way too many lack it, and put them all into a bucket of entitledness. The ability to post is not a right. It’s a priviledge. If you had done your homework, you’d know better than trying this on me. You have zero ground to accuse my of anything like that.

We aren’t at all talking about “opposing views” here. We’re talking about intellectual poverty.

The very people you defend are the same people who are not open for logic and reasoning, even when it’s presented with actual points.

• Logical fallacies
  • uncalled for passive aggressive behaviour
  • anyone who disagrees is for the others, the bad guys
  • everyone who disagrees with me obviously is salty

You won’t find that in my posts!

If you interpret “making points”, “logical deductions” and “reasonable arguments” as “bullying”, then I indeed am a bully and we’re living in an Idiocracy!

If you generalize my behaviour towards some who deserve it onto everyone else, then that’s not my problem at all.

Standards are necessary. Required. Fundamental. Mods don’t enforce them, because society has to do so. When society doesn’t, or can’t, then there’s a problem. Why?

When enough people apply the group attribution error, then any community turns into a perpetually self reinforcing hate machine.

When too many people apply logical fallacies
(thanks @Old_Pervert) in their posts, then there will never be any consense about anything, because they’re all starting off wrong to begin with.

I won’t keep my voice shut until some sense for intellectual standards establishes itself among these forums, and until I’ve learned the ins and outs of CCP’s deliberately caused Eternal September.

It’s fantastic! You don’t get this kind of practise anywhere else. :slight_smile:

/me tips yellow strawhat.

1 Like

It’s because you are all so damn mean man! I just want to be your friend but you guys can be such elitist jerks at times. Some of you are okay though and pretty damn fun to fly with!

And ganking being nerfed? O.o Did I miss a patch somewhere? I mean it is a sandbox and people that are bored are going to create content regardless but some hate it. I guess that could alone be a reason people might still ditch. They might also be terrible at pvp and that was all they wanted out of the game. So, they figured screw it and went elsewhere.

Truth is though that there are very likely a myriad of real reasons as to why anyone leaves. Maybe they had real life stuff to deal with and so they left cause they have their priorities. Maybe they didn’t like the crafting system as much as they thought they would but decided the game isn’t for them. Maybe the goons recruited them and scared them away? It’s really anyone’s guess imo.

1 Like

Yellow Parasol is right about what he writes.
EvE was a dark place were you could be the villain, the bad guy, and day by day, nerf by nerf we see this concept taken away from the game. The game always had this aura of being ruthless and unforgiven and that alone is a very specific nich where can’t be found in any other game. The more It deviates from this concept the more people lose the interest on it, and becomes just another mmo in the market.

3 Likes

I see lots of people playing the bad guy and succeeding.

Certain players cried nerf over the change to can flipping, which locked them into an easy win against the original owner of the can, now they can flip they go suspect, they could still can flip but they would have more risk, so they don’t, it is not so funny now that suddenly all the mining ships around can put their drones on, butthat is not a nerf it was more of a balance pass.

Sov changes to make it so that people were able to defend their own TZ was needed because it turned into a seriously un-fun game having to alarm clock or stay up to some ungodly hour, also with big predatory able to move across the map so quickly it became a fun game only for those players, they are the ones who have been most upset by those changes, however those that have become more local in their thinking are enjoying the game.

The fleet combat now with smaller fleets with the cap changes are really good fun, I cannot say strongly enough to people whinging here that it is just damn great, stop being so negative and give it a go, I have been in some stonking fleet fights recently and in fact I am currently having as good a time as I did in 2011.

1 Like

[quote=“Oossra_kuuma, post:117, topic:15537”]
EvE was a dark place were you could be the villain, the bad guy, and day by day, nerf by nerf we see this concept taken away from the game. [/quote]
Remember “A city made of dreams is built in heaven”, I have the keychain of that. It was all about a sci-fi “space wild west”. Being a villain (the antagonist) is fun if there is one or more protagonists. The game sure changed as evil triumphed. There is still good but not enough to keep people intrested playing. Balance is in favor of the gankers who complain they got nerfed over and over and over. Maybe if it would be like that (but it isn’t) they could make their conclusions and change the way they play the game.

1 Like

I apologize to @Dracvlad Dracvlad. A response to you demands my notebook. I’m on my tablet now.

Balance is in favor of the gankers who complain they got nerfed over and over and over. Maybe if it would be like that (but it isn’t)

I would reply to the rest of your post, but this is historically and factually incorrect and thus a roadblock. An amazing cognitive bias.

Why would you think this is correct, when it’d historically documented by patch notes and months worth of discussions?

We need a fallacy bingo…

1 Like

Amazing. Here as well. Bias.

You jump from a correct statement “certain players… can flipping” to a clear attack against them, “into an easy win” and oblivious that it will trigger someone. You believe it adds risk (it doesn’t), and then attack them again in a passive aggressive manner “not so funny now that all the mining ships around put their drones on”.

Woohoo this is amazing, you guys are all so into this stuff! :smiley: you take it personally!
Honestly, it’s hilarious! :smiley:

PS: “certain players/people/etc …” doesn’t work as blanket statement to hide your negatively loaded thoughts. :slight_smile:

I will always be blaming the gankers. Always. As long as CCP does not analyse why people leave or more importantly why people stay, there will never be a closing answer.

Also I totally misread that “fallacy bingo” thing… I thought it was a game! :smiley: Googled it and best thing I found was this : Fallacy Bingo - but not what I ASSumed.

1 Like

Yeah, I have to agree with those claiming that ganking, griefing, scamming and all the other so called “Player Created Content” has definitely helped reduce log in numbers. Course CCP is the main factor, their ‘War On Bots’ and ISBoxer is a major reason, add in all the constant nerfs and game changes over the years, it’s no wonder the log in numbers are steadily dropping.

5 Likes