[ARC][SFRIM] Call To Aid Victims of Illegal Human Trafficking, Project to Assist Former Slaves

I should be clear that I am not speaking on behalf of this initiative as I most likely will not be taking part in it, I’m simply pointing out that even when a particular grievance is addressed by Imperials, we are still denounced for righting it.

2 Likes

Well, boo-hoo.

1 Like

Now be fair, she’s right in this and if we’re calling out the hypocrites of SFRIM she gets to call out ours.

1 Like

I haven’t called her out on not doing anything about their illegal slavery problem… I have not moved any goalposts. You’re free to admit your own hypocrisy though if you have.

1 Like

You seem to think I am upset by this? Quite the contrary. You and your ilk are not my intended audience.

1 Like

I did think you were upset. Pardon me if I was wrong.

1 Like

Apology accepted.

1 Like

Treason. Utter treason.

1 Like

Mitty doesn’t get upset. She gets her hands bloody. It’s one of the really nice things about her: she goes out and does things.

3 Likes

Yeah, whoever would use the excuse of “unsanctioned” to get away with breaking international treaties?

3 Likes

Thank you for your measured response, Ms. Vess. As a personal matter, I tend to think that the institution of slavery does a grave disservice to all, and I hope that we will see the way to its abolition. There are, you understand, some significant difficulties in negotiating action within an international organization with components from diverse states and diverse political ideals. This is a small step, but I think it’s an important one, and one I hope we can build on.

2 Likes

You do realize your example only reinforces Miz’s point right.
When the best you can point at to compare to decades or more of systematic raiding is a singular event that caused the entire Matari government to fall and be replaced by a significantly different structure…
It kind of makes the point that maybe it actually was unsanctioned given the consequences. And also that the Amarr raiding isn’t unsanctioned behind the scenes when it doesn’t result in such a dramatic upheaval of the Amarr political structure.

1 Like

It wasn’t unsanctioned. Pretending that it was would be nonsensical in the extreme. You don’t successfully manage to form, supply and move a capital fleet, all its crew, commanders, support structure etc through anyone’s space without setting off all the bells and whistles. That kind of fleet would require the support and resources of worlds.

The carving out of the corrupted bloat of the government was most certainly ‘unsanctioned’ but everyone with power and authority knew something was going on and quite a few would need to know the objective.

That’s what annoys me. There’s no need to pretend. If you have to base your authority and economy on lies and pretense, you have fuckered your very foundation and nothing you build can truly stand the test of time.

Unsanctioned? The Elder Fleet wasn’t unsanctioned. Pretending it was dishonors everyone involved.

3 Likes

The group that didn’t sanction that attack are no longer in charge, those aligned with the Elder fleet now are. That’s the equivalent of us Amarr deciding to boot out our Empress because of this illegal activity, and place the ringleader of the illegal slavers in charge.

3 Likes

… are you trying to imply that a Tash-Murkon Empress wouldn’t be trying to get in charge of that? Why do you even think she didn’t veto the hell out of this when CONCORD was processing the site access to our overviews? She wants the competition reduced and rattled, the ‘commodities’ given enough scarcity to raise prices and increase raiding, and in the process expand her House’s favorite past-time and economy.

2 Likes

I am pleased to hear that ARC has taken a commitment to tackle the scourge of human trafficking throughout New Eden. It is an insidious and odious activity that is widespread and must be challenged as countless lives and families are disrupted or destroyed due to their loved ones, fathers and mothers, sons and daughters, being cruelly ripped from their grasp. Not in the least due to these slaving raids, but also because of organisations such as the Serpentis Corporation and the Angel Cartel that operate some of the largest human trafficking networks in the Empire, the Federation, the State and the Republic. I am certain all individuals within the Consortium are eager to tackle this with the same enthusiasm and vigour as the authorities and non-governmental groups are.

Nonetheless, it is concerning that these bandits are operating with seeming impunity on the border regions, checked only by the vigilance and boldness of the Republic Justice Department with the latter’s current campaign. Although I’d be loathe to suggest that these are conducted with the tacit approval of the Imperial authorities, especially as a good amount of their hardware appears to be sourced primarily from the Ardishapur House Fleet, perhaps it is time that the Federation and State authorities scrutinise the areas that share a border with the Empire. If there is evidence of further criminal activities of this type occurring in Federal or State space on the border with the Empire, then it must be stamped out with great conviction and ruthlessness to safeguard the inhabitants of those areas and to ensure that international law is upheld.

2 Likes

Because we abhor the practices of these illegal slavers. A keen business mind does not contradict our faith. These stolen people* do not glorify God, they do not receive the education of Faith that is required, they are not treated humanely. The entire process is filthy and heretical.

*of which I should point out aren’t likely to be ALL of Minmatar origin. There will be legally owned and bred slaves that are stolen, or sold illegally by disreputable holders, possibly even Amarr citizens stolen from their homes.

3 Likes

Amarr actively fights these heretics. Speak to any security agent and you’ll be given details to deal with them.
As with any illegal activity, the more policed it is, the more underhanded the tactics become.
But do not presume just because an illegal activity exists it is because it isn’t at all being policed.

1 Like

Oh honeybun, if all these thousands of sites are truly ‘unsanctioned’, you lot are woefully and pitifully incompetent. I know you aren’t that bad, so it’s kind of ridiculous to claim that.

As for abhorring their practices, why would you? They’re your practices.

Playing pretend is just… pitiful.

2 Likes

The Federation and State are the ones who should watch their borders with the Empire, you say? Here, we have this “Agency” wing of a Gallente propaganda outlet backing a Republic encroachment to encourage vigilante justice within the Empire, and this one thinks the OTHER empires, need to watch their borders.

It’s the Amarr Empire that needs to watch out for the rest of you. If the Ministry of Internal Order backed incursions into Republic space to free Amarrian prisoners, CONCORD would GO NUTS. We anyway have licensed Amarrian agents who arrange for capauleers to shut down illegal slave dealings in the Empire already, we don’t need this encroachment on our sovereignty.

Let me be clear, destroy the criminals (including the Republic transports), free the slaves and turn them over to the Ministry of Internal Order or the Ammatar Consulate to be properly processed and returned home within our own legal systems.

Some ally this Caldari is.

3 Likes