Arrests of Mikramurka Defense Officials

-eats the last drumstick while the others bicker-

4 Likes

So I’m going to take a guess at what happens next, let’s see how well I can keep this ball rolling.

Chief Midular will claim Sebiestor authority over the investigation, only to be overruled by Shakor and his fancy new security powers as he hands the investigation back to MPS.

A few weeks of dithering go by, only for Planetary Security Co-Ordinator for Matar, Allek Berialsh to declare some entirely moronic conclusion like “we have no idea who did it”, or “it was Blood Raiders who got left behind after the attack”.

Nobody ever finds out for sure what happened, and the ■■■■■■■ Krusual go on sniggering into their discounted Thukker whiskey.

2 Likes

Or, the more likely scenario: Chief Midualr will claim Sebiestor jurisdiction over the investigation, as it should be, and Sanmatar Shakor will use his new security powers to direct the MPS to support Sebiestor authorities.

Oh please.

He’s got every excuse he needs after the deaths of the Sebiestor marshals. “Too close to be objective” perhaps?

This just sounds like you are trying to find any excuse to justify you’re misguided views and bias against the Sanmatar. How about we all wait for an official statement from the relevant authorities instead of creating ridiculous conspiracy theories that have no basis.

We’ll see.

I am not overwhelmed with optimism.

1 Like

(Actually, I’ll put this here. The other thread was a train-wreck… I mean even a worse one.)

So, @Sesli_Ashok, seeming that it is your affiliates behind the Sundsele Six attack, inquiring minds want to know will they too be sold to the part with most interest in the evidence? Is this the main export of the Thukker now - key witnesses to crimes against the tribes?

2 Likes

The link implicating the Krullefor Organisation in the Sundsele Six conspiracy is deeply troublesome. Where the Krullefor are involved in the Republic, it is likely that the Seykal Clan is involved as well. The ties between the Krullefor, Seykal, Thukker, and now the crisis in Mikramurka are now beginning to appear far more than circumstantial and suggests a conspiracy at the very heart of the Republic.

All resources previously dedicated to handling the smuggling crisis in Molden Heath will now be reevaluated and directed towards forming a united effort into investigating this conspiracy. As to exactly how, I cannot say as of yet. I ask for your patience while we attempt to quickly reorient to accommodate the latest news.

omfg please stop

Well, ice-biter, unlike most of the snow-puke you spill up on here, I gotta say, it’s worth thinking about.

All on the lips, well maybe not your sour ass lips,

Sesli

1 Like

Welcome to the show. We started 310 messages ago but I am sure you will catch up soon enough.

Har har. You’ll have to forgive my frustration, but it’s a bit grating being accused of meddling with Matari matters one moment then being belittled for not sticking my nose into critical matari affairs until they effect me and my organisation.

We’ve been working against the Krullefor up until this point in Molden Heath while being purposefully wary of tying it to the larger struggles within the Republic due in no small part to feedback from our partners in the region advising against doing so. So forgive me if now we have some catching up to do now that our suspicions are somewhat vindicated and we have due course to involve ourselves.

All the same, I am perfectly happy for our organisation to take a back seat to Matari voices in this struggle. But know that we are a resource in this, and we want to help coordinate our efforts so long as we are already combating Krullefor-Seykal influence in the Heath.

I feel like my GalNet translator broke, what am I reading?

1 Like

Here’s a suggestion: give them to the last competent officers in RJD, blow the whistle on whoever hired your associates (or was it SEG itself?) to snatch them, and negotiate a cover for your ass. There’s probably still time for you to do that.

All I meant that it is not exactly a surprise that there is a conspiracy here. This whole thread is about a conspiracy at the heart of the Republic.

This revelation from Mikramurka is annoying, but it does not really change the situation. Krullefor are a criminal organization and they employ nomadic mercenaries such as Seykal EG. That they have ties to the Sundsele Six snatching is, well. Let me put this way. Anyone who wants such an operation conducted in Republic heartlands would be silly if they did not consider Seykal as a possible outfit for the job.

Of course, it is entirely possible that Krullefor-tied parties are involved not as a hand for someone else, but because they were involved in the Blood Raider attacks in the first place. However, one thing speaks against this: Seykal, apparently their associate, was willing to auction off a key witness in those attacks, namely Orlon Zashev. If they had an urgent need to cover their own asses, that would have been a totally unnecessarily risk. Yes, 200B is a hefty sum of money but not that hefty.

1 Like

I got something for you, sis.

1 Like

You have no catching up to do. You want to help out in the Heath? That’s fine. You’ve been living there long enough.

But Mikramurka? On Matar? The Matari homeworld? Old Mother?

I don’t care how much you impressed my chief. Kindly see your ass out of our affairs.

I have the honor to be,
Curving your vainglorious nosiness
STFU.

I understand tensions are running high here given the latest news but please try to just think for a moment.

I have on interest in putting warclone boots on the ground in Mikramurka, or on Matar at all for that matter.

We fell into the situation in Molden Heath, and will continue to focus on the Heath. But we are fighting the same enemy, facing the same problem, and would benefit from working on the same solution.

Even if I find a solution to the Krullefor-Seykal threat in the Heath, what happens if whatever solution we find benefits Molden Heath completely fucks over plans built to combat Krullefor on Matar. What if we find intel that would help in getting to the bottom of whatever is going on in Mikramurka?

I get you’re protective of your clan, your home, and your people. I can understand your anger, and your suspicions. But we can only benefit from working together on this. I thought I had a plan in place for resolving the issues in the Heath but it’s obvious at this point it’s not going to solve the Seykal-Krullefor issue and to be honest I don’t know what in gods names we’re going to do about that now. Maybe rather than pushing us away as an ally and a resource you cool that temper and tell us what we can do in the Heath to help the Republic.

I’m telling you what you’re going to do. You’re going to stand down.

This mess has spiraled out of your control and out of your jurisdiction.

I don’t care if you’re not putting boots on the ground. I don’t care if you just want to send a good-luck bouquet. Your help is not needed.

What you don’t seem to understand is this: You started out on the wrong foot with me today by posting a “Resolution” for Molden Heath that flew in the face of what my clan chief personally asked you for. And now you’re over here baying about working with us? Are you serious?

I haven’t spoken to Tiama for a couple of hours, but I can tell you that what little trust I had in you was eroded long before the news about Mikramurka came out, thanks to that stunt with the “Resolution”.

If you want to help, then maybe you should start by restoring or building trust with the people who have already been working on the problem.

That’s what Captain Rhiannon is telling you. Seykal didn’t become a problem in Matari politics just now, now that they’re connected to your problem in Molden Heath. They’ve been a problem. There’s an entire history with them that you don’t seem to be aware of, not to mention the long-standing political friction among the Tribes. I assume you don’t know about them, that is, and you’re just accidentally trampling all over them right now.

So the best, and only, thing for you to do is apologize, go rewrite that “Resolution” so that it actually takes into account Matari history and sensibilities, preferably with the help of an actual, politically-aware Matari.

After you’ve done that, maybe we can revisit the possibility of your having anything at all to do with the mess in Mikramurka.

That resolution was a draft posted for public feedback and feedback from members of the security inquest. That is to say, if there was content within the memo that was unclear or not in line with what your clan was willing to agree to I wanted to get feedback on the initial draft before even asking all parties to ratify the charter.

This wasn’t a stunt or an attempt to go around your clan, and had far more to do with time constrictions due to personal complications that restricted our timetable. If you are frustrated by our conduct on this, I would encourage you to reach out in private so we can resolve any confusion.

You mean like Tiama Ramijozana, who warned you against using sensitive language about tribal sovereignty at the summit but which was clearly ignored for this draft?

You’re the one who publicly posted the draft without asking anyone with Clan Ramijozana, at least, for a private review first. You’re the one who is publicly posting in Sebiestor-led threads on topics that you know nothing about.

But you think I’m the one who should make things private?

When I talk with Tiama today, I’m going to strongly recommend pulling our support from the resolution, because you’ve clearly got delusions of grandeur, and your condescension here is a huge problem.

As of this time the only specific feedback I have gotten from anyone has come from Elsebeth Rhiannon of the Electus Matari, which pointed out very valid flaws in the initial resolution; most of which pertaining to Project Avalon and clearing up more specific wording regarding tribal sovereignty. I have already began working towards drafting a new resolution based on the feedback provided. It is likely that any slights that might have angered you or your clan over the wording in the resolution had far more to do with my ignorance in the nuances of tribal affairs than any ambitions or delusions of grandeur.

I’d ask that you instead lend your voice to find a solution and helping identify what we got wrong with the resolution and believe me when I say we wrote the resolution in the spirit of good will and cooperation.

Posting the resolution was a poor judgement call, but it was made hastefully for deeply private reasons that I would rather not discuss in open comms on the Intergalatic Summit. I hope you are not so cynical that you are at least willing to give me the benefit of the doubt, in that regard.

I am not being condescending, I am being genuine while remaining firm. Would the Ramijozana clan rather deal with two-faced slack-jawed sycophant that won’t stand their ground and will just acquiesce when being told to butt out of matters that they had been working toward when no one else in the Republic was on the case? Or would they rather deal with people with conviction willing to stand firm when they know that there is miscommunication and their honor is being called into question, especially when the cost of letting this become a major division might be the stability of the Republic?