Automatically Applying awards

Or they could stop giving away things besides skins.

The reason they had to come up with forced application is to protect the market but that is also ■■■■■■■■, just because I can’t sell it doesn’t change the fact that I also won’t be buying it.

Preventing people from selling was only half the battle, they failed at the other half which is undermining demand by flooding the customers.

Have Boosters expire like cerebral accelerators, make the item used not tradeable on the market. At least i could use those IN COMBAT like a COMBAT BOOSTER on my COMBAT CHARACTER u know?
Constantly handing out 7 day licences for NES Skins also distorts the Value - especially since it’s barely a hand full of designs being used over and over again. Still if it could only be traded directly and the item expires 24h after it’s redeemed the market would not be affected at all.

Collectable Skins on the other hand like the CSM Shuttle thing would have been SHOULD have some value when you bother to hold on to them for a long time. And this is profit for the people who buy that stuff in large numbers when Skins like this are released, not “Skill frarmers”
I have spent upwards of 10bil ISK on Skins i could not otherwhise have gotten because they were releaseed before i started the game and i do verry much appreciate the people who held on to them for me.
I not the sort of elietist who likes something more because other people can’t get it at all.

Also if CCP really does intend to have their “rewards” be 100% worthless how do they expect “appreciation” in return? Reminds me of Bethesta sending garbage bags to the customers who pre ordered the special edition collectors whatever for fallout 4.
“Omega Reward” for our paying customers - have some red dotted GARBAGE!!!
f off…

1 Like

They just did, using the HTFU method :slight_smile:

Bookmarked for the next time you are whining about something.

1 Like

Only if they gave away something that had value. 30 minute trial boosters that have to be injected in station, and volatile trial skins, and 1 or 2 run un-researched BPCs… don’t impact market demand. If anything, the boosters give new players a chance to explore the pros and cons of drugs and increase demand of they decide they are useful, and the BPCs require more minerals than an industry-focused alt will require using a researched BPO for copies, so, gasp, they have to actually consume more resources (very likely bought from the market instead of self-mined). So the evergreen rewards aren’t hurting the market at all.

Yeah, the Capsuleer Day reward hulls are not account-bound, but that’s business as usual for birthday events. You aren’t going to see changes to that mechanic any time soon. At least the consumables all have expiration dates (which are coming up quick) and have only a very short-term market impact.

I don’t whine about things like that.

EVE is a HTFU game and every time a newbie does something that gets him killed or asks for more hand holding we go “HTFU kid, live and learn”. Thing is the beta cuck old farts who’ve been playing for a long time and who should know better do the same: “waaah why didn’t CCP tell us about this, waaah why don’t get get more free SP” etc etc ad nauseam. HTFU kid, live and learn.

I sold mine way too cheap back in the day.

2 Likes

I feel you, brother.

1 Like

I’ve never sold anything, I got so much crap.

Since that mistake I have kept all gifts :slight_smile:

I played UO so I knew all that ■■■■ becomes stupid valuable later :slight_smile:

EvE is the first MMO I played ( and still is the only one) and I really didn’t know (understand) those gifts could become more valuable. I figured there were so many of them given away that 10 mil was plenty reward for a single drone. The horror.

1 Like

It isnt first time, back in 2017 they tried that. You can see my and others response there:

Boosters were activated on log in for players. They were soulbound to a character in such a way as they do now with log in rewards. You couldnt do anything else but activate it on your character.

Because it can’t be resold. (yes, SP can be. But people normally aren’t talking about that. and even there, they make it harder)

But of course we were talking about SP. If we werent, why bring Skill Farmers up specifically?

Because skill farmers have many accounts, which are being paid for by the account itself.

Someone can have hundreds of accounts. No-one cares about 1 additional thing. They care about 100.

Yes, the SP is of benefit to them, but it’s everything else which is more noticable.

(I want rid of skill farming too.)

So you dont think Geckos are worth 100m each.

Ok cool.

These things are what help me sleep at night. Cheers!

Bear in mind, geckos can’t be soul bound :wink:

But does someone running a skill farm deserve to get an order of magnitude more value from a login bonus, than someone who actually plays with their accounts?

So because there are problem customers, we dont get cool stuff to play with or trade on the market as a new commodity.

Soulbound is awful and no fun. I dont think its appropriate to introduce it because some people do some thing that CCP allows but we may or may not find objectionable.

6 Likes

The impact of skill farms from SP bonuses is TINY.

Seriously: 150,000 SP every 30 days = 3.472 skill points per minute, but it only arrives in 150k chunks at the 30 day mark. That means it will take 4 months before they add enough SP for a single extractor. 3 extra extractors per year per account (not character) equals an ISK profit of a whopping 1.2 billion ISK annually, assuming a profit rate of 400m per extractor. Just enough money to get 1 additional month of omega for the account. The market trembles.