Back in Good Hands

Except, of course, that application of precedent is flawed. However, I do have to correct myself: Karishal Muritor was a Captain, not an Admiral. Still, the error in application remains.

The Defiants staged their attacks on Amarr orbital facilities in the Bleak Lands. They struck from Thukker space, and at the time, the Thukker Tribe were not members of the Republic. So Aldrith is attemping to equate an official Imperial policy, issued by the lawful authority in that theater of conflict, with the actions of criminals whose first crime was against the Republic.

Had Captain Muritor surrendered, perhaps after being tried for mutiny and piracy by the Republic, he might have been handed over to the Empire to answer for his crimes against them. We’ll never know, though, because he did not, and instead forced @Kanth_Filmir to have his ship destroyed.

As the former Admiral Filmir is still active on these forae, perhaps he can give his perspective on the equivalence of these two situations.

1 Like

I think we both have a reasonable grasp not only of what was said but intended. Lord Newelle’s error in this context was to frame his position in such a way to leave a loose thread to be tugged at.

My answer to the question he had been asked, and one I believe approximates the sentiment he was trying to express would have been another question; “When has CONCORD imposed any cost on any nation for any transgression?”

I believe I was around, but not present at the event. Very few true loyalists were; those who got wind of what was about to go down were mostly in Muritor’s gang.

A lot more of us were, of course, present during the demonstrations later, when Admiral Filmir was pressured to resign.

I am not sure what good can come from discussing those dark events now, with so much water under the bridge after. What is done is done, and certainly Sarum is no Muritor, acting unsanctioned and with stolen property. He has his sovereign’s blessing and leave and no one needs to stage a coup to secure it for him.

Exactly.

And even ‘what bloody good are they as a high-profile version of this forum with fewer people bickering uselessly?’

They still hold our leashes, even if we are given wide berth.

Capauleers would doomsday planets just for fun if they could.

2 Likes

most civilian traffic doesn’t even register as targets on the overview, and for a gooood reason lol

5 Likes

CONCORD’s role with respect to capsuleers is decidedly different to their role among the nations of the cluster.

They act as the worst kind of indulgent parent, preventing only acts which would cause enough anguish to prompt action against us. I don’t see CONCORD protecting the cluster from us, more protecting us from the cluster (and the stupidity born of being numbed to consequence).

2 Likes

And keeping quite a large number of us, from high-sec to the militias to null, from having to grow the hell up.

2 Likes

There are few planets in the warzone ready to receive a full throttle surprise invasion from House Sarum, though before you go about making points like that, I suggest you take a look at Eugidi’s skies. We have chased you out, your glorious big push to retake Floseswin has been one big glorious burnout. Even planetside your kin’s forces now hide behind their walls, under siege.

You are losing, Shutaq and death will follow those you fail to evacuate.

Floseswin will remain free!

1 Like

The surprise invasion announced weeks ahead of time?

Pathetic.

You had a month and a half of notice.

In that time, you and Electus Matari waffled about the implications and what to do about them.

Then the invasion occurred, and you were still indecisive about things for another twenty days.

It was within your power to prevent this and you did not. We won the moment we landed an army on one of your planets.

1 Like

Is that what you’ve relegated yourself to, Newelle? Conjuring up a pretense of falsehoods for yourself? Electus Matari did not waffle on anything. This may come as some surprise to those with perpetual tunnel vision, but there are several other regions of Republic space that also require our attention. Certain priorities come before a forever war that apparently revolves around one system. One system that Ushra’khan has well under control despite having Sarum and Ardishapur fleets attack their structures and Amarr loyalists enlisting the aid of known pirates.

You’re so quick to dedicate your time and effort to calling out what you perceive as failures that you’ve blinded yourself to the sheer gravity of what the warzone even looks like today. Perhaps if you left the IGS for a day, you might be able to reflect on that.

5 Likes

Before you lump me in with the rest of them, Ushra’khan were calling for the Republic to take action from the start. We were the only ones who stood to protect our skies and we done it alone. So you can drop that rhetoric as ammunition against myself or any of my UNITY brethren. We were there since day one and are still there now.

And we done it all without enlisting pirate aid, Shutaq.

1 Like

That is a joke, right?

By the way, the pilot with the Hel is a holder of the Righteous Cross from when the 24th Imperial Crusade took the entire warzone. He might not wear the colors now, but he is sympathetic to our cause.

Doing it all is stretching the truth. Doing some of it without pirate assistance would be more accurate.

1 Like

You cannot see me right now, but I am squinting… Hard.

2 Likes

You mean the planet your Empire had held since April of last year?

I mean, gosh, Meatpuppet, I know facts aren’t your strong suit, but let’s review…

Sarum declares the planet-wide Reclaiming on or about the 21st of October.

Troops begin landing alongside suicide attacks on the 26th of November.

Now, that’s the very next month. Is 5 days really ‘and a half’ in Aldrith-world?

The invasion met with immediate resistance, as per the news story, and was actively contested pretty much constantly from… gosh, October 18.

I mean, again, I dunno how things work in Aldrith-world, but a constant effort to retake the system doesn’t look “indecisive” to me. It looks unsuccessful, sure, but there’s nothing indecisive about a sustained campaign.

Maybe, I dunno, try at least working with a passing familiarity with the facts? For a change? You never know, you might even like it!

2 Likes

In Aldrith-world most would realise that Ushra’khan had the power to retake Floseswin at will while the 24th Imperial Crusade was tearing itself apart over Arzad in the weeks before the invasion.

In Aldrith-world most would understand that random contesting of a system does not indicate a sustained effort to take a system in the faction wars. While some Electus Matari pilots were trying in a concerted manner, these pilots were less than a handful. A serious deployment could have easily overtaken what few people we had defending it.

In Aldrith-world a manipulative pendant such as you would figure out how ridiculous they look when they pick out the smallest flaws in an argument and then present narrow bands of factual evidence without context in a wilful attempt to discredit someone who knows far more about the conflict they are discussing as they had direct participation in it throughout. Then they would shut their galaxy-spanning traps and be happy with the few idiots they twisted into abandoning their entire lives just to please them.

I suppose there is a flaw in Aldrith-world. The last part of it is not this world, it seems.

1 Like

Aldrith-world sounds like a place as utterly devoid of contact with reality as the Aldrith who lives in it.

2 Likes