Balancing an mmo

You better accept the EULA, or you are in violation if you play the game without accepting it!

Of course you can do all that fun stuff you listed. None of it is incompatible with the fact you are playing a full-time, PvP everwhere sandbox game. In fact, much of it is enabled by the fact there is so much freedom and that we all have the ability to interact with each other in space at all times and in all place in New Eden.

You can play it anyway you want - it is a role-playing game after all - with the caveat that you do so understanding that the other players may interfere with your gameplay. As long as you don’t call for CCP to give you a space space, or limit the freedom of other players to frolic in the sandbox, you are going to fit in just fine and won’t have any problems. If however, you whine to CCP the game needs more “balance” and they should make you a safe space where the bad people can’t touch you, yet your activities there can still impact on the rest of us and our shared economy, well then you are going to feel some pushback.

This is still the game that CCP designed 15 years ago, and that existed in 2014 when that FAQ was written. Nothing has fundamentally changed, and honestly this long into the life cycle of the game, never will. Do not keep playing Eve if you really, really think that CCP is just around the corner from deleting wars or making you some other safe space. They never will, and you will just bring yourself heartache waiting for something that will never come.

Generations of carebears have convinced themselves that CCP is just months away from adding some safe space for them because “Eve is dying” or “think of the children!” or whatever. So long in fact, it’s possible a child of one of those original whiny carebears is, right now, repeating the same folly as their parent did so long ago. Eve has always been a full-time PvP everywhere sandbox and always will be.

Accept that, and why Eve is the way it is will make much more sense and you will probably have a much more enjoyable time.

1 Like

CCP have indeed been hiding the fact that it’s a PvP game lately and are no longer placing the info right onto the front page.

I wonder if it’s intentional and to get more players in, or if it’s perhaps something else.

Perhaps … it’s a scam. :sunglasses:

1 Like

That’s some dank stuff. Swosh. Swosh.

Karma fleet has no guns. Perhaps I will join them.

But probaly can’t get in as i’m not against some PVP, when a really tiny ship is trying to bump my orca.

Also and you will might not agree, everyone that lives HIGHSEC is a carebear. They don’t want the bother of daily fighting, just to build, PVE, or explore, or even gank.

Imagine sitting on the gate in highsec waiting to gank someone.

1. Kill the gate rats.
  2. Kill other gankers

So humorously the safest place to gank someone is HIGHSEC. After all, there is no competition.

Accept that and you can hear carebears gankers crying everywhere about changes to scanning.

Welcome to the carebear club.

Completely wrong. Plenty of people who live in highsec, including gankers, go on roams to low and nul. I know more than a few personally who love to hop in a solo 'dictor and drop bubbles on gates in nul and catch others trying to do the same. There are some who live in both high and low, depending on their activities. No, sorry, not everyone living in high sec is a carebear. And I’m saying that as a lowsec dweller myself.

The carebear is PVP and risk averse. Not going to low or nul or wh is not indicative of risk aversion. Flying a Raven fit with WCS on all its lows into lowsec to run a DED or mission, that is risk aversion, and it’s why I have a hangar full of Phobos’ and Broadswords, because if I see someone in a battleship doing missions or DEDs in my lowsec, I’m always prepared for the WCS. And oh boy, the tears, the accusations of hacking, and all that… that’s a carebear.

Carebears exist in all parts of EVE, high, low, nul, wh, all of them, but are exclusive to none of them. Cheerio.

1 Like

Of course they aren’t. There are plenty of people in highsec that are looking for some explosions or other player conflict every day, just as nullsec is chock-full of carebears who want nothing more than to be left alone to grind their wallet balance higher in peace. In fact, looking at the MER these days, the mantle of carebear capital of New Eden passed to nullsec long ago.

There are no changes coming to cargo scanning. Pretending that opposition to a bad idea proposed by a random butthurt carebear are somehow “tears” is self-deception of the highest order. If there are any tears here, they are flowing from those who insist the rules of the game are unfair, and must be rewritten to help them because they once lost something in a competitive game. Telling someone that their ideas to tilt the game in their favour are bad and to stop pouting does not constitute tears.

Play the game how you want, but play the game. Stop trying to play the meta game and lobbying to change the rules, but rather spend your effort getting better in-game. You will find your time much better spent learning the game mechanics than hoping CCP will change them for you.

2 Likes

And you live in low sec.

Ganker does not ingage in PVP, they blow up ships en masse and accept concord rath; unless they have diverted them with a mini self gank somewhere else.

So if carebears live everywhere. They also live in Highsec.

Thanks for the info.

So how does this balance an MMO?

I don’t know what’s worse, the spelling or the tears. There is no escaping Concord. Even if you pull them away from your current gank target, they are still going to pop you, 100% guaranteed. All you can do is delay them for a few more seconds…

1 Like

I don’t even know what the point of this “discussion” is.

2 Likes

welcome to the forums \o/

5 Likes
  1. Any competition or conflict between two or more players is PVP. Including ganking. PVP = player vs player, that’s it. There are no other qualifiers, especially not subjective ones involving ‘honour’ and such nonsense.

2. My post was written in response to the claim that everyone in high sec is a carebear, not the claim that there are carebears in highsec. If the claim was, ‘highsec has carebears’, no response would be warranted.

3. Lots of people in this thread are still making the mistake of thinking EVE Online is just like any other MMO. It’s not. Most of the ‘balancing’ is left up to the players.

1 Like

Man, how 'bout i show you how my boot fits into ya highknee.

Discussion successfully derailed.

1 Like

Yep, grammar and spelling get bad when I get excited. I’m dyslexic. About the tears, excitement could be tears. But i’m at an age where it’s hard to shed even meta tears for space pixels, especially for highsec gankers.

I have had more tears shed on my first Gila death.

Before when I went to non highsec areas, I used to get salty when my expensive ship(imicus) used to get blown up. But now it gets interesting when I come closer to killing them, or escaping, in my nemesis. I wish there was a zNearMissBoard.com.

The Activity Tracker might actually make that a thing.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.