Bastions of War

It’s not like you don’t have options. Focus on neuters first or MJD to range.

How many mistakes must you make to run into genuine problems? In hi-sec at least.

Unless they are bringing 200km range neuts I dont know how its NPC neuts you are worried about

Why are people so concerned with cap stability?

The Paladin has in balance, received a buff. Yes, because of the way its weapon system works, it is a relative nerf compared to its three sisters.

I don’t think I have ever flown or suggested anyone fly a cap stable ship for most PvE. Even with the Paladins capacitor lasting around 1/2 what it used to, you still wipe NPC’s faster than you need your tank.

It would be nice to see a better adjustment to the Paladin, as the other three have not received a counterbalance in the same way the Paladin has.

And one that wasn’t needed. This is why people are concerned, yes it doesn’t have to be 100% stable, but it does need to be mostly stable.

1 Like

Until it was nerfed last week, Id have recommended the Sacrilege to match that parameter

I dunno. If i faced sansha/blood (or resist neutral targets) more often in my missioning I’d still prefer a paladin over the other three.

Why is everyone concerned with cap stability?

And why is nobody changing their fit for slightly less dps (but stil significanly more than before the buff) in exchange for more cap recharge, if they’re so concerned about cap stability?

This was a large buff to the paladin, you just may need to adjust your fit a bit.

And yes, the paladin may not have been given the same buff as the other marauders, given that the others don’t have these cap issues. But did the paladin require the same buff other marauders got?

It’s not uncommon to have buffs with different impact for a specific ship type, just look at the recent interdictor buffs: huge Eris buffs but no Sabre buffs at all.

How did the paladin fare before these buffs compared to the other marauders? Did it require an equally powerful buff?

1 Like

Oh hey, we gave your ship a little buff, but we gave the other ships that it is competing against a huge buff with no downsides, so that’s totally ok right?
Now convert that into basically any other thing like racing and car speed, and think about what you just said…
And they’ve outright nerfed the Paladin when it’s not in Bastion mode, just because they didn’t want to put a simple -50% cap usage on the Bastion module alongside the -50% cycle time.

3 Likes

Because the other ones don’t have to.

So you knew all along, you just don’t care. Why would that be? A quick check shows why that is, you don’t fly amarr ships so you’re completely fine with using bad logic that you KNOW to be bad but it’s fine as you don’t fly em.

Sounds to me like what you type and state should not be taken serious.

2 Likes

Depending on the circumstances, yes that could definitely be okay.

Mind: I don’t fly a marauder yet and have no horse in this race. What I’d like to know is how the paladin compared to the other marauders before this change.

For example: the Sabre was used much more often before the Interdictor change than any of the other interdictors and didn’t get any buffs at all while the other three got sizeable buffs.

Or in your words:

Oh hey, we gave your ship a little buff, but we gave the other ships that it is competing against a huge buff with no downsides, so that’s totally ok right?

Is that a bad thing? In the case of the Sabre that’s totally fair: now the other interdictors may get used more.

Is it fair for the Paladin? I honestly don’t know, I don’t know how the Paladin compared to the other marauders before this change.

All I know is that the only marauders I personally saw used were Paladins, but that is a low sample size.

So I ask you: before the changes, how did the Paladin do compared to the other Marauders?

And if it did well: is it unfair that the buff to Paladins is slightly smaller? I’d say no.

If it didn’t do well: I guess you can then rightfully complain why the Paladin got a smaller buff. (But it’s a buff nonetheless).

Then you’ve clearly not read a single post in this forum thread already, where people have repeatedly stated that the Paladin was not outperforming the other Marauders, if anything it underperformed in many cases, the Shield Marauders being the ones that really shine.

2 Likes

If that’s true that the Paladins weren’t better than other Marauders then I guess it’s fair to ask why the buff to Paladins is smaller than to other Marauders.

I haven’t flown them in yrs, but the Paladin was never my 1st choice.

I feel like this thread might belong in the Intergalactic Summit. So many in-character histrionics.

2 Likes

Give the Paladin a base of 8500GJ cap. That puts it on par with the Kronos, when factoring for cap useage of Mega Pulse II vs/ Blaster Cannon II.

/thread

1 Like

How honest are they being though?

It clearly out performs the other three. It’s only it’s damage type that holds it back.

Can you talk me through your logic here please?

1 Like
2 Likes

Impressive vid! You would have had more cap at the end if you had turned off the shd rep when you didn’t need it. :smirk:

1400dps @ 100km.
2400dps @ 35km.

The only thing that can match it is a golem. But the golem wastes time on missile travel time.