Blog: MTU Hunter

I found a system with 14 MTUs in the Nullsec region Querious the other night. It took a good two hours and 15,000 rounds of ammunition but I managed to pop them all. 110,000,000 ISK in damages, 40,000,000 ISK in loot; not my most productive venture but it was interesting. At the least I found a few good items to station trade back home!

5 Likes

10/10 Going to steal

2 Likes

Credit really belongs to Pix. Pix Severus! o7

I had the feeling this could take off. Now we’re three.

Heh

2 Likes

Threes a crowd.

1 Like

Oh, so that’s why I saw your “tag cans” around a lot when I was going around getting enough drone accelerators. Well, if I ever see you in local I’ll say hi. I’m so going to Cat to get a screenshot.

1 Like

After ‘you were there’ in LowSec, I was wondering if your Hectate fit had changed or evolved at all?

1 Like

Cool concept, nice “eve” design, and very detailed and informative writing! Great job on the page/blog.

1 Like

Likewise. o/

I have a number of different fits now, including rails for some long-range action, but that fit from back then is still viable.

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Cool, will head out with it sometime this week and see what I can find. I’ll also keep an eye out for another derp :wink:

1 Like

Blog updated.

Join @yellow_parasol and myself on a journey, as we hunt down the most elusive breed of MTU, The Magpie.

6 Likes

Blog updated.

This time we have a short story from fellow MTU Hunter @Oylpann_Kumamato as he deals with The Dissatisfied Customer.

Killed an MTU a few weeks ago with some friends and thought about your blog. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

That is a fantastic MTU kill Sylvia, congratulations!

Blog Updated.

Not everyone is happy to see that their friendly, local MTU Hunter has paid their MTU a visit, such was the case of The Angry Miner.

2 Likes

Blog Updated.

It’s another episode of Vocal Local this week, where I try my best to get the denizens of highsec to talk. Vocal Local 6.

1 Like

Blog Updated.

This time we have two stories from fellow MTU Hunter @Oylpann_Kumamato who seems to have the worst luck when it comes to MTU owners attacking him. The Hunt.

1 Like

Blog updated.

The final part of the @yellow_parasol saga, detailing some of the activities (trouble) that he got himself into during his early days in EVE. Join us as we explore Yellow’s Infinite Shenanigans.

1 Like

Blog Updated.

It’s time, once again, to dig through my backlog of EVEmails sent-in by pilots from all over the galaxy, in MTU Mailbag 2.

1 Like

Hi All :slight_smile:
Motivated by your blog, I’d like to share one of my fave MTU incidents.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/68094936/

Just an MTU you say, then it’s owner came back, and rare eve perfection occured.

Thank you for the motivation and confidence to give all this a try!

Pix o7

M
xx

2 Likes

You’re doing Bob’s work good sir! Now all we need to do is come up with a plan for the MTUs around Jita 4-4…

2 Likes

Unfortunately, not all MTU owners are happy to see a hunter cleaning-up their mess; defending yourself is sometimes a necessity. Great work there, Marta! o7

Thank you, Arthur. The MTUs around Jita 4-4 are indeed a tough nut to crack, MTUs can take a fair amount of time to pop, and in the meantime you have all manner of shady sorts hanging around just waiting for someone to shoot. You can maybe pop one at an opportune moment before you draw too much attention from the locals. It’s a challenge though, and one I may take on in the future.

2 Likes