Broker Relations

Had some additional thoughts. Like … what about typos?

We all make them. Try to enter 100,000 and enter 1,000,000 instead. On a buy order it can be pretty bad – you accidentally buy up half the market, and then have to to wait five minutes to fix your mistake. But with the new relist fees, it will cost you an additional arm and a leg to reduce your price and fix the error.

Might make sense to NOT charge relist fees when reducing the price of a buy order?

Also, I suspect the changes will just encourage traders (and bots) to have multiple small orders for a given item to minimize their up-front fee risk for any given price update. So not much impact on botting or competition, just forcing people to manage three times as many orders as they did before – which bots can do better than humans.

And the point about not being able to easily calculate margin/risk/profit is a good one. Unless you somehow keep track of how many times a given order has been relisted (and there is nothing in the game UI that lets you do that), you have no idea how much a given order has cost you in broker fees. Meaning you have no solid idea if you’re making money or not, or what items are profitable to trade in.

More and more, the thing that seems really problematic is the new relisting fee. By recalculating the fee on the entire value of the updated order, the cumulative effect risks being both large and untrackable without a stupid amount of bookkeeping outside of the game.

I have no issue with CCP trying to make station-trading less profitable. Don’t necessarily like it, but I agree there is too much money in the game, and there need to be more ISK sinks and less mineral production.

But it should be done in a straightforward, understandable way that lets users calculate and understand their costs. The relist fee seems to make trading much more of a faith-based enterrpise.

My off-the-cuff ideas:
– Increase time between price changes to an hour. Directly degrades the main competitive advantage of bots, with relatively minor impact on humans.
– If you want to increase market-related ISK sinks, leave the basic mechanism the way it is now, but just raise broker fees, sales taxes, reprocessing fees, etc. Those can be calculated and taken into account far easier than the new relisting fee.
– If there must be a relisting fee, waive or greatly reduce it when a buy order is being reduced.

Sigh. I will never not be disappointed at how dumb so many people are on these forums. No wonder CCP never listens or even pays attention to this place. Hell, they spend more of their time on Twitter and Facebook, and especially r/eve, than the forums and I don’t blame them.

2 Likes

Please don’t let us stop you from leaving. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I actually like hanging out here. Gives me a good insight into the general level of brain cells that eve players have. Especially when you have kids coming up with conspiracy theories like this change being introduced to downgrade servers.

My market character never had margin trading skill. CCP created a new isk sink - I gotta buy it now.

“Rubbish.” I don’t trade in major hubs and don’t need to tweak prices as often. But frequency doesn’t really matter. Costs always get passed along: the ship that is market trading, will sail on.

1 Like

Sorry, I’ll expand…

We were discussing the folks who bring their mission loot, exploration loot, minerals, et al into the local trade hub and sell it into buy orders. They are likely going to get screwed by these changes. They cheer for these changes now, thinking they’re not traders, but most of us interact with the EvE markets in some form.

… In what way will they get screwed?

It would help if you actually had an argument instead this neckbeard level of edgy threats about how people will get screwed.

I don’t see how this is an issue. They can list things for more and just wait a little longer for better prices…???

Omg the kid deleted his comment. I guess he realized how dumb his comment was. Good on you, kid. You’re learning! Turns out people don’t have to sell their items to cheap buy orders and they can set the prices they want.

No-one is ever disappointed at how dumb you are either.

4 Likes

this seems like it

Anyone wants to take bets on there also being a red dot :red_circle: for every item on the market with new orders listed since you last blinked?

2 Likes

The bots won’t replace “cut by 0.01 isk” by “place new order just below”. Simply because they will run out of sell order.

1 Like
  1. Check current market price
  2. Post micro order at -/+ 0.01
  3. Repost new order as soon as previous is fulfilled

Slots used: 1

1 Like

I was actually thinking on those lines, but from a non-bot perspective. Players are limited to 305 orders max, right? So this new thing is going to be heavier on the number of orders required, causing more player dissatisfaction in that regard. Might need a new omega skill that gives more orders, or simply expand the number of orders allowed via the current skills.

As I’ve been thinking about it, more and more, it seems as though the order change cost is pretty heavy-hitting. This is certainly going to impact the manufacturers hard enough to discourage some out of playing. The resulting shortage of ships is then going to be a problem for all but the larger alliances which have their own entire supply chain for ship manufacture. Did we want to discourage those NOT in large alliances?

If we wanted to slow down bot-pricing, I’d say the 4 significant digits limit is decent, and possibly raise the 5 minute limit to 20 minutes instead.

I’m bothering to reply here as it seems that desperate times is causing CCP leadership to act more like they’re listening to players.

2 Likes

and you don’t replace “cut by 0.01 isk” by anything. Thank you for this proof that this is a good thing.

Hu, no ? Most of the orders where I make benefits are those that are not cut. OR they are cut enough that I don’t care. Or they are cut a lot and I just don’t realize it.

But yes, if you only resell items you will be hit hard by this. If you build and know the price of your stuff on the other hand, you won’t care.

2 Likes

Only if the minerals you mine are “free” otherwise the thin margins on many manufacturing jobs would be problematic. One time changing your order price for a material or finished good and say goodbye to any profits.

2 Likes

Stupidity.

Well don’t make jobs that result in tiny margin.

lol.
Anyhow if you produce there is not reason to change the price.

Good luck selling anything in a timely manner unless you are buying all materials cheap enough that you can make something and sell to buy orders.

1 Like

That does not need luck.

Maybe this will help You to understand:

Current bot:

2. Find existing big buy/sell order
  3. Modify to a price -/+ 0.01

New bot:

2. Post micro order at -/+ 0.01
  3. Repost new order as soon as previous is fulfilled

Slots used in both cases: 1