Broker Relations

Like, this is the thing that all of these kids can’t get through the thick dumb skulls.

The market is gonna move, whether or not you like it. If this changes the amount of pain you suffer, then tough ■■■■, looks like you weren’t cut out for this new market anymore, kid. See ya, and you won’t be missed. Someone else who has the capital and the care will take over, like it’s always been in EVE Online. All these kids crying about how the game is going to die or it’ll kill marketing, it’s hilarious.

It might hurt their game, but it’s not going to hurt the game.

You spend 5 hours a day doing nothing but fighting over 0.01 ISK updating orders every 5 minutes? Cool, get ■■■■■■, your gameplay is now dead. Go outside and do something with your life.
You won’t be able to spam 200+ buy orders leveraging Margin Trading anymore? Tough ■■■■. Focus on the markets you’re willing to commit in now, instead of ~everything~.

At the end of the day, it’s “adapt or die”. And all the bitching and moaning are people dying.

2 Likes

It’s virtually impossible to say exactly what will happen, the changes are in too many places, affect virtually everyone (even if they literally never create a market order), and will take a long time to settle before a new “normal” is established.

But I’m willing to bet bid-ask spreads will widen significantly, on virtually everything.

Market conditions and supply/demand constraints change the prices on lots of items in regions a lot. Putting a good priced order up and having a flood of supply come in under you or a big spender on top of your buy happens a lot. Adjusting to market fluctuations shouldn’t be punished. Its good business. The only thing you control is price to get your order through. I just don’t see this current market system as broken that needs a fix.

If that’s your gameplay, then I say go for it. Its no different then wall street day trading.

I… don’t care?

The point is that gameplay is not longer going to viable. Full stop.
Now your choice is adapt or die.

1 Like

Because you don’t participate in the markets?

Yeah, I don’t participate in “the markets”.

2 Likes

Nice. It seems there isn’t a problem with the current market system for you at all. Looks like this is a fix on something that isn’t broken.

And it isn’t. If you make a small number of changes to reflect major shifts in market conditions you’ll be fine. As long as you set your orders intelligently you shouldn’t be making many changes and when you do the change fee is not a significant percentage of your overall business. The only thing that is disappearing is the constant 0.01 ISK adjustments where no meaningful change in the price is made.

I just don’t see this current market system as broken that needs a fix.

A system where the primary strategy for winning is “have no life outside of EVE so you can constantly monitor your orders and adjust by 0.01 ISK ever 5 minutes” is a broken system.

That’s the thing though. This change means kids like you who whine and cry are going to leave.

So more profits for me. :slight_smile:

@Nicholas_Goldfinder if you’re going to insult me, have the balls to commit. Don’t post it, then delete it immediately.

Also, as I’ve said before. Adapt or die. And it looks like you’ve chosen to die.

@Scoots_Choco
<- troll alert. all insults, no actual economic analysis

1 Like

Are you implying that you have done “actual economic analysis” on this?

Just a FYI, what Scoots is saying is 100% correct. You might not like how he is saying it but your beef is with that, not what he is saying.

He and Black Pedro are people you should be listening to, not fighting with.

not sure about WHAT he is saying. He is just insulting people without giving any valuable insight but “adapt or die” and repeating over and over. That is why my troll alert.

1 Like

You could try reading, or is that too much to ask of you?

Scoots Choco insults forum users, see here

Its a shame that some users clutter their insults into threads,
the forum could be a better and a more informative place.

2 Likes

As an ore buyer - mineral seller, I have to adapt my buy orders sometimes 2 times a day to still get some ore after the ore-shenanigans of CCP. I also have to adapt my mineral sale orders to stay competitive since prices are jumping all over the map. So some/most of my orders are in that 8+ modification range. It’s not that I like doing this. I didn’t need to last year. CCP made me do it! No bot involved though.

The tax obsession of CCP as an ISK sink is just sad. It shows a real lack of imagination. ISK sinks should give the player something :

• How about a concord-service where you can buy for 1 day/week/month a reduction in the concord response time? Doesn’t bother anyone except gankers who will have sometimes an extra surprise, which isn’t bad.
  • Or how about setting up for every player a personal museum where you can collect 1 piece of every item with a skillpoint bonus when you complete a collection. So for example ‘collection high sec ore’ (1 piece of veldspar +…) ‘collection high sec ore +5%’ (1 piece of concentrated veldspar, +…) which can for example give 10 skillpoints, 15 skillpoints, … With of course some meta-collections (all high sec ores) to give some extra. It doesn’t need to be much for every collection for the simple stuff but each collection takes a bit of value out of the economy. Although a collection of battleships should give you of course a whole lot more. Shouldn’t be hard to find decent values. You are giving away skillpoints anyway.

Try to be a bit more inventive then just an easy implemented tax hike.

2 Likes

Better? Given the caliber of most of the people, I doubt it. Most of the people here are trash. A lot of the “information” is substandard or wrong.

1 Like

Why are you here?