Buff Mining barges

Maybe you shouldn’t forum if you expect people to remember a side claim about you doing “everything” and immediately cop on to your being a miner and ganker at the same time as well as explorer, mission runner, salvager, looter, CEO, industrialist, huffer, wormholer, hauler, trig fighter, trig helper and all the other things there are to do.

I just met you. So far I am not all that impressed. Probably forget who you are tomorrow.

I asked a simple question to check. All you had to do was answer rather than get all indignant…your majesty.

What I’m reading is that you want me to have low expectations of you, and that you have some weird hangup involving the feeling of me being superior to you.

Yes, and it is PART OF THE GAME to deal with this trade offs. It is deliberately designet this way not just for mining but for almost everything you do, that you have to chose your ship and fitting to deal with the danger and tasks at hand. There is no free launch.

There is actually quite a lot we have to account for including ag if they are not completely useless.

Yes, there will be no buff. The player has already the tools to achieve what he asks from CCP. Not understanding the game and complaining about an aspect is one thing, but I have now explained in detail how the player can adapt and there is litterally no exuse left anymore for you still not understanding this very simple concept of different trade offs and player agency.

No it isn’t, it’s litteraly the same thing if you actually are capable of oneshotting a Cat you have plenty of time even if you have to wait for the ganker to open fire. You can lock the target already even if it is not criminal.

Sorry, but the game mechanics are ALL stacked in your favour. The only thing the ganker has is the choice of target and time. There is a million of things you can do to interrupt the rather fragile process of ganking of which there is no retreat if it has started. If you can’t figure out how to do that, that is literally your problem and not the gankers, the games or CCP’s fault.

2 Likes

There are if you set the POCO tax to 0%.

Here here.

2 Likes

You can lead a cat to a target but you can’t make it shoot. Even just uncloaking too early has made so many gankers go elsewhere. Lock him?

Look, try AG for a week and lets see your KB. Then we will see how many ships died to that ganker or those gankers just before you got him.

Enough gum flapping.

False goalpost.

1 Like

Then explain to us the AG goal post.

To prevent ganks. Measuring a not kill by killboard activity is rather stupid.

1 Like

Try reading bro. Just a couple posts and minutes back. :roll_eyes:

So you don’t know anything about antiganking either, then?

1 Like

Yeah, the reason is the miner is AFK because mining is such a passive, easy activity to do, that most miners just press F1 and watch Netflix.

Sure, a mining barge is for mining. And an Abaddon is for DPS.

And yet, we use lowslots and midslots to increase tanking and resists. Despite the fact that you could always fit modules that help apply more DPS.

Thats the choice you make. You can make your Oracle a true Glass cannon, and make it pure DPS. Most people will not, and will add some measure of tank because they want the ship to be able to survive for more than 10 seconds.

The same is for mining barges. You can either choose to go full yield. Or you could tank it so that you have a lower chance at being killed and can survive encounters better.

Isnt that a win? Cant you use warp disruptors and watch them melt from faction police?

Except that anti-ganking starts with the victim.

The problem here, is that no matter how good you are at AG, if the victim is clueless or AFK, youre massively at a disadvantage. Its difficult to help someone who doesnt help himself.

The Skiff enables me to compete against a excessive multi-boxing ganker player, simple as that.

We all have a hot key to apply drones, but I still have to wait until it is lockable when it lands, add a second here, then wait three seconds for the lock (I need to check this), then hit the hot key to attack with the drones, then wait for the drones to get there. That is assuming that I don’t have to unlock a roid that I have pre-locked of course which adds to the time.

In terms of the mechanics, because I have to wait three second for it to lock, I can use the mouse as efficiently as the key, because in the three seconds I can use the mouse interface at the same speed as the hot key. The only benefit in terms of mechanics is if the client thought I had it locked and the server did not meaning my attempt to send the drones failed and I lose another two seconds, so using the key will reduce it by one second.

As I said it makes no difference.

I actually always use a SKiff, and people like the one I replied to above are begging for it to be nerfed because it is too hard for them. Talk about being entitled…, they have so many easy to kill mining ships to chose from.

So spot on, the Procurer and the Skiff are the only viable mining ships in hisec.

By the way, all this guff about warping out and watching D-scan is just so amusing, hisec is meant to be a more relaxed play, so they are applying the logic of non-protected space to this where your survival depends on being able to instantly warp out when someone lands on grid.

You did a good job here, respect to you.

So you prevented the gank. Nice! Wasn’t that the goal?

1 Like

You’re free to play as relaxed as you want and ignore D-scan all you want. You’re more likely to survive in high sec if you do so than in for example null sec or wormholes, but if you die don’t blame the game. The tools to protect yourself exist.

1 Like

The exchange I started was because a ganker was calling for the tank of the Procurer and the Skiff to be nerfed because he was unable to gank them. I am more relaxed in a Skiff because I have a ship that even the excessive multi-boxing gankers will find a challenge to brute force high DPS it. Just because he can’t gank it does not mean it has to be nerfed, he needs to make friends and stop whining.

1 Like

There was this one time I had become bored of my mining barge because I felt that it needed a buff so instead of undocking in that barge I undocked in my orca and this went on and on right up until shutdown maintenance.

Again, trying to fool us, or yourself?

Only the last sentence here is relevant, and it’s also wrong: you can press the hotkey to unlock all locked targets before the hostiles have even finished warp. Using the hotkey adds 0 time if you do it properly.

This is entirely relevant, you just do not understand it.

It’s entirely irrelevant to the fact that there’s a hotkey that makes you drop all locked targets.