Bumping

You dont need to go criminal to counter bumping.
If I were in charge of helping a freighter, I could easily bump it to safety from a lesser skilled bumper.

Not sure if serious…

If you bump the Freighter, to save them from “lesser skilled bumpers”, then you’ll get Flagged for being a bumper too.

They can’t shoot until the gankers do. And judging by the killmails they all died in alpha or shortly thereafter.

Your argument is ignorant.

I wonder, do you play the same game we do?

I’m saying, if the folks who started this thread, got their way. If bumping somebody was considered an Aggressive action, and you turned Suspect or got Concord’d for bumping.

Then you couldn’t rescue someone from being Bumped, by attempting to Bump them yourself. You’d just get in trouble too.

oh, if collision caused that I would abuse it so much that i would break hauling. that idea is awful.

1 Like

What a load of whiny bitches.

1 Like

It’s because outside of your hate filled world no one gives a ■■■■, ‘cause there’s only maybe a dozen people doing it and their effect is ridiculously small. That’s why no one, includin’ CCP, gives a ■■■■ about a few whiny losers bitchin’ about somethin’ that doesn’t affect 99.999% of everyone else.

1 Like

You don’t believe one could turn the bumping mechanic into something more meaningful for all parties?

Right now all it does is to create a stalemate and causes arguments. One side finds it unfair when compared to warp disruptors, others want to hold on for sentiment reasons. And most of them only look towards the past, what it did for them, and they don’t look to the future of what it could be doing.

One side? What sides? There’s a bunch of powerless, self righteous assholes whinin’ about the doings of less than a dozen others. ■■■■ those haters. There’s no need to waste time on this, 'cause there’s no significant effect on the game.

No it definitely creates content. Lots and lots of content.

2 Likes

And counter play is already built into it. Don’t like being bumped? Bring a webber. Or some friends to counter bump.

2 Likes

haulers dont have friends apparently

1 Like

Nope, they join a PvP MMO game and expect to be able to run around in their safe space without being affected by anyone. Most likely they would like a solo game like https://store.steampowered.com/app/392160/X4_Foundations/ better.

Then you only don’t see stalemate as content.

Webbing doesn’t help against bumping. You need to stay aligned and bumping gets you out of alignment before one can warp.

It helps against bumping. 1 hauler + 1 webber beats 1 bumper

I definitely dont get stalemates when I bump. I get a variety of things that happen. Expand your mind.

Well, you have a lot of imagination going on, if you’re not just out right lying to yourself here.

A lot of interesting things happen when you bump

3 Likes

You’re a genius! Flagged for bumping? I’m down for that. Let’s make Jita 4-4 a target rich environment!

2 Likes

One player’s behaviour, which is you, who is obsessed with the mechanic, because it lets him repeat the same movements in space for hours has similarities to a mental disorder. Like an animal in a cage pacing up and down, or a child rocking in its bed. It’s however no justification for keeping the mechanic.