Bumping

CCP said they’ll add logis to killmails eventually and they said it in current year, so ya gonna get it sooner than ya think. In 2020.

1 Like

People who are afraid don’t live…
That’s all I have to add lol

1 Like

:joy: yeah im sure him bumping it till he could get someone to awox wasent any role in the kill

Stay salty and jealous :sob::sob::sob::sob:

The freighter died, he doesn’t care about killmails. He multiboxes other bumping chars too, was prolly bumping another freighter for 2 hours at the same time. Truely an elite pvper

2 Likes

Jesus, if you think I, or anybody else for that matter, would be salty or jealous over someone who spends bumping a ship for two hours only not to end up on a killmail then you probably don’t even know what those two words mean.

It doesnt matter whos on the killmail, just that the freighter dies. Also, plenty of people get salty over me bumping for over an hour :^)

1 Like

Bumping has many uses other than setting up for a gank. I use bumping as an area denial tactic. If I don’t want a particular miner or fleet in the ice anom, they aren’t going to get a damn bit of ice mined with me there.

If you are AFK mining in a barge or an Orca, and you come back to find that you haven’t mined a damn thing and you are now 137 light years outside of the belt, well, you shouldn’t have been AFK…

Don’t fly big, blingy, unarmed ships solo and expect to survive a 10+ v 1.

/thread
/topic
/code :wink:

I’m enjoying your tears

2 Likes

:rofl:

You’re only tasting your own.

1 Like

Wait a minute, Whitehound. If you’re not salty or jealous, then why are you here being all pedantic and making nonsense arguments?

Siegfried Cohenberg has nothing to do with freighter deaths? What do you stand to gain by publically stating something so downright silly?

What is it abut this game that hurts your butt enough to invest the time into doing this?

I’m just honestly curious.

Catching up on this thread, just want to point out STO removed the crew mechanic shortly before (or with) the skill tree revamp, which I think was like 2 years ago now. Anything that used to affect crew survival/recovery now just directly affects passive hull repair.

High sec NPC miner response (as long as only 1 or no battleships show up) can be solo’d in a T2 cruiser (and probably any Abyss-capable ship, but I’ve only done it in my Munin), but there’s no reward for doing so; so it’s more cost- and time-effective to snipe the hauler with a T1 ABC, pull the response fleet, and come back to loot the hauler.

Or to just go after players.

Well, shows how long it’s been since I played STO. =)
But the point still stands. They used to have a system where they make the Crew a quantifiable factor in ship’s operations. And then they got rid of it b/c the Player is the Captain of the ship and the star of the show.

And that’s why we don’t have Crew factoring into Eve either. Capsuleers operate the entire thing with their minds. There really isn’t any reason for there to be other people aboard. But they decided that the ships are too big to be so completely empty, so there you are.

I sometimes relate the ship’s behavior to having a Crew, b/c we don’t have Flight Sticks for controlling the ship’s precise movements (usually). We select an object and say “Go orbit that”, and the ship behaves as though the Captain relayed that order to a Helmsman, who does the actual flying over to and around that target. But according to the lore, that’s all handled by the Capsuleer alone. So any Crew inside is pointless.

When literally the only justification for leaving in the mechanic is allowing a small group of very disruptive players (who openly abuse the fact that bumping carries no penalty to grief others) to keep the ability to disrupt others without consequence? Why exactly is that desirable? People go on and on about consequences for new players, consequences for bad flying, consequences for not paying attention, consequences for autopilot, but consequences for bumping? “RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE ME NO LIKE ME WANT GRIEF!”

Here is another use for bumping: prevent a tackled & tanky ship from burning back to the gate. Having proven that there are multiple justifications for bumping the logical conclusion is that your post was literally full of ■■■■.

1 Like

Those consequences all have one thing in common, they are provided by other players. If people wish to see consequences for bumping it is up to them to provide them, this is the joy of the sandbox.

Sorry kid, you’re glitching concord, so anyone who “counters” the bump is killed. Try using logic, instead of just your desire to keep inflicting yourself on a shrinking number of players. Where are the consequences to the bump mechanic?

lol, nope. 40 years ago maybe.

you’re glitching concord, so anyone who “counters” the bump is killed

lol, nope. Concord is the price you pay for inflicting the consequences you so desire. Concord mechanics are well documented, I suggest you familiarise yourself with them.

Try using logic, instead of just your desire to keep inflicting yourself on a shrinking number of players.

I do use logic, my logic being superior to yours because I understand how the game mechanics work, while you are clearly ignorant of them. If you were a newb we might be inclined to help you because newbs are adorable and should be embraced; but you’re not, you’re a noob, which is the exact opposite and rightly treated with contempt.

Also, lol, nope. Not my bag, I make stuff and sell it to people who break stuff or who have their stuff broken by others.

Where are the consequences to the bump mechanic?

Grab some friends and shoot the bumper in the face.

Oh wait you won’t because you don’t like the consequences; which seemingly don’t exist.

3 Likes

1 Like

Can you please stop with this? Let me post some recent KMs to counter this stupid, completely ignorant argument.

could have shot back

oof. could have shot back, but that fit? deserved to be ganked.

could have shot back. once again, that fit…

He lives in his own special world, and probably the medical staff has determined him posting on the EVE forum has the least potential for harm. It’s a small sacrifice to make to ensure the safety of RL people.

2 Likes