Bumping

I would think in a Sci-fi universe that if the crew suddenly was made aware that the pilot was going to suicide the ship they would take some action to prevent him - mutiny or something. At the very least, IMO for lore purposes there should be a lose of efficiency in a suicide gank to reflect the lack of the crews enthusiasm for the action.

How much notice do you think anyone has that a Suicide Gank is about to happen?

All the crew knows is that they’re undocking from the station. Then they’re warping to the asteroid belt. Maybe they’re out there to go ratting? Maybe they’re meeting someone before going into a mission together?

They’ve got the guns loaded with ammo, but they don’t know they’re about to shoot someone. You always keep the guns loaded with ammo.

Then the Captain orders the computer to target the ship, and immediately opens fire. No crew members are responsible for targeting, none are responsible for pulling the trigger. All those functions are controlled by the Capsuleer and the computer.

The target is caught just as unaware as the crew. If there was any more advanced warning, the target would have run away. So there’s no chance for a mutiny either.

2 Likes

Absolutely! It is a well known fact that non-obvious rules which are there to make “bad people” suspect are mainly benefiting players who don’t care about game mechanics and just want to do their thing.

1 Like

Approach doesn’t actually want to make your ships collide. The Approach commands wants your ship to get as close as possible to the other ship. When you begin to get close to the other ship, your ship will actually start to deaccelerate. Approach is not a bumping command.

8 Likes

Or what?

1 Like

Or CODE. comes and ganks your pod

3 Likes

what year is it in eve? If they could stop HAL in 2001 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARJ8cAGm6JE) they could stop rouge capsuleers in the year 3000 something or other…

What part of my little story did you not understand?

HAL started acting crazy, and it took them HOURS to figure it out and get him deactivated.

I’m talking about a crew who never really knows what the Capsuleer is planning or doing. And by the time they realize he intends to shoot an illegal target (which will get them all Concord’d), he’s already pulled the trigger. They have SECONDS of warning, not hours.

“Hey, you guys. The Captain is targeting that Mining Barge out there. You don’t think he’d…”

BANG

“Oh ■■■■, he actually did it… And here comes Concord, right on time.”

I just say remove high sec, problem solved.

What do you want to do? I am an alpha char in a station who never undocks. :smile:

By the way: You are AFK and your bot/makro is broken :smiley:

1 Like

Ok. Lets say you’re right that they cant stop it? How many regular folk are going to hire on to work for a capsuleer, especially one that has a record of repeatedly killing his crew? I can imagine the recruitment poster - come see the stars on a brief trip to jita. Just make sure your next of kin know not to expect you back anytime soon.

That’s definitely a good point… if anyone gave a crap about the crew. =)

From a functional standpoint, there is no crew. We are solely responsible and in control of our ship. Compare to games like Star Trek Online, where the crew have a functional impact on the ship. If you take a torpedo hit and it kills some of the crew, then your system performance suffers for it. But in Eve, the crew literally does not matter.

Besides, any crew hiring on with a Capsuleer is going to understand that combat is part of the job. And every time you undock, you may not be coming back.

What kind of graphics card do you have? That screenshot is horribly pixelated. =)

1 Like

why did you blur your cap and route hahahahahahaha

He doesn’t want you to see his mwd, ship scanner(Probably is a cargo scanner) and cloak :joy:

Oh and that relic/data scanner

What carebears don’t realize is that 1 ISK is enough money for one of your crew members to live comfortably off of for the rest of their lives.

I’m sure I could find plenty of people willing to risk their lives, as long as you promise their families a life insurance payout of at least 1 ISK .

Also, see: Dystopia.

1 Like

Is this what Anti-ganking is doing all the time? No wonder you guys suck balls

p.s.

Mining permits cost only 10 million isk

2 Likes

One of codes many great orca fleets. We make so much money since all the belts are empty

2 Likes

Do CODE mine themselves in Orcas? Do you do that AFK during the time those accounts cannot be used to do something else in game or what? Sure you cannot be willing to spend your game time doing that when you could be doing something else instead…

EDIT: Is it that those accounts are used for SP farming and Orca mining is just a way to make a better use of them? But still…

Convo one of us and find out