Bumping

Could you please not touch my orcas. Thanks.

Haha, I don’t intend to “touch” them, LOL, I just want to understand what’s going on here…

Nah, it is just a meme because miners are always whining that CODE. only ganks miners to reduce competition for the highsec belts. Truth of the matter is that a significant part of them earn their ISK piloting for Red Frog.

1 Like

How did you get that avatar? Is that a Dust 514 thing?

o/

1 Like

@Nisanthro I believe that is the new triglavian clothing. It is also extremely expensive… in the billions of ISK currently.

1 Like

Thank you.

o/

How about an “in-lore” explanation that the pod pilot ejects the crew prior to the gank?
CCP can add some “ship crew” to every wreck too if they want for good measure!

lol, the police don’t protect people, they exist as a punishment and murder force, like concord, educate yourself before you go off spouting ■■■■■■■■ wannbe thug ideas.

This may depend on the country, but in most countries does the police not only punishes people, but they do indeed protect them, too. Maybe not as much as the public wants it and often when it’s already too late, but classic examples are sports events, parades and demonstrations. There you can see police forces showing up to protect people from harm.

It’s really more about how much intel they have on what’s going on for the police to be able to protect people, and not just to catch criminals after a crime has happened. When there is too much protection then the police would also start violating people’s freedom. It’s a thin line for them.

In the US, all police are trained to put their lives and perspectives first before anyone else, whether in a local or federal jurisdiction. Shoot first, ask questions later, cover up if needed.

European and Japanese police are more like a modernized version of a “City Watch”, trained to put the needs of their community and neighbors above their own.

Then we have various results from Asia, South America, and Africa, where developing governments and military conflict often leave police forces vulnerable to corruption.

The lesson: if you live in a country with a “just” police force, you’re in the minority, the rest of the world lives under the constant threat that at any moment that they’ll annoy the wrong cop, and their life will be over.

That’s actually a great idea for eve, “Rogue” Concord officers who fire randomly on suspect ships, like an Incursion, “This system is currently occupied by a more aggressive type of Concord than normal”

1 Like

What “thug ideas” are you talking about? This is straight from the lore, these aren’t my ideas, I didn’t make this up. Go read the novels and the chronicles.

Just stop. If the media here suddenly decided they wanted everyone to hate doctors, every new headline would be about which doctor this week committed malpractice. Despite the media sensationalism, good cops still outnumber the bad ones 100,000 to 1. Hell, after Columbine, the media had the public panicking any time someone wore a trench coat.

2 Likes

anywhere*

1 Like

You wouldn’t believe how corrupt CONCORD is. As a Minmatar pilot it is really hard to make a living wage in the Amarr Empire. Every time I try to engage in commerce I can be sure that some privileged corporate fat cat in a blingy hauler will contact CONCORD to blow up my ship. To add insult to injury my insurance company refuses to cover the losses. I’m lucky that there are some good-hearted people in EVE who are gifting ships to hard-working pilots like myself.
And don’t get me started on the criminal justice system. I may have made a few mistakes in my younger days, resulting in a criminal timer or two. I have done my time, and of course no parole or early release for a Minmatar pilot. What is really discriminatory is that after I have properly served my sentence the faction police is still chasing me due to “sec status”.
If sec status was scrapped from the criminal system it would allow a lot of disadvantaged pilots to seek gainful employment, where now they are sometimes forced to make regrettable choices just to pay the monthly rent.

1 Like

Why, you ask? ‘Cause it’d not change ■■■■ for ganker’s gameplay! Unless ya’rr talking’ ‘bout not havin’ CONCORD kick my ass, then I’m all ears!

1 Like

I agree with OP entirely. Let’s make the Jita undock the most dangerous place in New Eden.

4 Likes

Post your code complaints here

Bumping adds nothing to to the game but the ability to grief others. Games that openly allow griefing or are designed around predatory systems that include character progression don’t grow, they shrink. Time passes, more players become able to wield more resources, they become bored, and turn to griefing. They find they can’t effectively grief others like them, so they turn to the new, the inexperienced, and the unwilling.

Look at the recent limited sandbox release Sea of Thieves, initially devs stuck to the plan of letting people “do as they please” and quickly learned that in today’s gaming environment, users are jaded because the market is crammed full of cookie cutter idle-type or arena-type cash grabs. If you give people the ability to inflict themselves on others without risk, they will choose to do so, repeatedly, preventing any type of play except for griefing, and driving players who would otherwise be contributing to the world population away. Trolled once? Oh well, try a new round. Trolled twice? That sucks, but it happens. Trolled every single time you log in? Might be a slight exaggeration of the average user’s experience, but there are many new players, especially ones who fall for the autopilot trap in the tutorial, who feel this way, and it lowers their incentive to stay on as long time players, or become omega players.

The collision mechanic probably needs to be removed entirely except between members of the same fleet, and between ships and objects, until they can come up with a way for the system to determine the difference between intentional and unintentional bumps, obviously a ship undocking from a station wouldn’t be marked as intentionally colliding with others.

What do you mean?

Bumping adds a whole layer of relevance to manual piloting and game play around the “physics” of entering warp. It is useless against almost every ship in the game, except the largest and most powerful capital ships. Most players, especially new players never experience it as a game mechanic. It is only relevant for those flying capital ships.

I mean, I am not going to claim it is perfect, nor that there couldn’t or shouldn’t be some limitation to it in highsec, but I don’t see how you can claim it a “only griefing tool”. At a minimum, it is used regularly to prevent capital ships from escaping by savvy pilots who don’t happen to have sufficient points on hand.

Exactly, it is only used to grief those who would otherwise be beyond the reach of you inflicting yourself on them.